Trouble Ahead

Angels in the Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trouble Ahead

Krystal put all her attention to the sudden summoning from her sister. She began to feel anxious and grew curious to the reason for this. Her sister was giving off weird vibes since last week and she couldn't say it was a positive thing. She who was normally calm, presented a totally different personality to her younger one. Getting together her thoughts, she knew she couldn't leave without first checking on Amber.

Quickly getting to her home, she found her in her room doing nothing out of the norm. After observing for a couple more minutes to make sure she was going to be okay while she was gone, she took off. Krystal let her feet control her body, rather than her mind. Taking left and right turns to her destination, it was only a matter of time before she made it to Jessica.

Upon the road she was taking, up ahead she noticed her sister. Her face was filled with worries, doubts, and confusion, what she was about to figure out was not going to be anything pleasant. Just as she was close to Jessica, who of course hadn't noticed her yet, she felt someone watching her.

She spun around to look behind her, but found nothing that pointed out to a presence. Even though she hadn't seen anything, this brought her up on full alert and it made sure she didn't let her guard down. As she got closer to Jessica, where it was safer, she couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched. It honestly gave her shivers down her spine and she hadn't been able to detect if the person was threatening or not.

Now only a few steps away from Jessica, she stopped and didn't know how to approach her. What felt like minutes, were actually seconds before Jessica noticed her presence.

"Krystal," her voice was soft and quiet, but she managed to catch what she had said to her.

"What is it Jess? What's going on?" Krystal got the words that she has been wanting to say out of her system. Though she had said what she wanted, it didn't make her feel anymore relieved than she was before.

"I'm not sure of exactly what is happening right now, but it's not anything I would like to know," Jessica stated.

Her sister finally lifted her head up and just now Krystal was able to get a real good look. Rather than before when she first saw her, now she could see the lack of sleep she was getting if her dark circles didn't indicate that. Her hair was disheveled and her movements were dragged and slow.

Typically, it was always Jessica who would comfort Krystal in the case of a problem. Now that the roles had been reversed, it was difficult for her to adjust to the situation. When she finally started talking again, Krystal had all her attention on her.

"I've been getting strange dreams lately..." she seemed hesitant to continue, but Krystal urged her on. "They involve the fallen angels Krys. You know they aren't any good and these dreams confirm that."

Krystal slightly gasped at the mention of the fallen angels. It just couldn't be. The last time they came in contact with each other, things didn't end too well. "You don't mean they are coming back? Do you?"

"I'm not sure. In my dreams... I could hear them talking. They keep saying things like 'The time is coming, we must be prepared' and 'We must take action now if we want to succeed'." Jessica was retelling her dreams to Krystal and she didn't like the looks of things one bit.

"What does that mean exactly? What does this have to do with us?" her words were hard and firm.

"From the looks of it, it seems they want the stone. They want to take the Statera," her voice slightly cracked at the end, but she continued. "I have been talking with the council about my concerns. I told them that for its safety we had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter