(JiKook) stay like this (forever)

Born To Slay

He groaned as he woke up to his alarm blaring and screaming in his ear. The genius Jungkook who set the alarm the night before knew that he wouldn't be getting up with just a simple alarm that wouldn't last minutes since he'd be able to shut it off right away, so he set the snooze button to a math equation he'd have to solve to shut the noise off. The groggy, sleep-deprived Jungkook that had woken up, however, had no patience whatsoever. As soon as his vision cleared, long enough for him to see and decipher the writing on the screen of his cellphone, he took one look and threw his phone against the wall. He grunts because the ringing still hadn't stopped and proceeded to cover his ears with the ends of his pillow.


Another wave of sleepiness washed over him and he was starting to hear his alarm as a sweet lullaby singing him to sleep when all of a sudden, the noise stops.


Jungkook looks up in confusion and sees a familiar face standing by the doorway, tiny hands around his huge cellphone, already locking it after having solved the math problem. The said person then looked over to the bed and his eyes crinkle at the sides as he smiled.


"Good morning, Jungkookie."


Jungkook laid his head back down, smiling as his hyung approached the bed. "Good morning, Jimin hyung." He rubbed his eyes because the light streaming from the window was too much for him and with the smile his hyung was sporting, he might as well have gone blind. "What are you doing here?"


"Oh, well, I thought Taehyung was still here. We agreed to have brunch today. But when I checked his room, he was gone. Do you know where he went?"


He closed his eyes and thought back. "He might have said something a while ago about skipping breakfast to go out with a guy named Hoseok or something. I'm not sure though, since he probably told me that while I was half-asleep."


Jimin sighed. "That traitor. Always choosing his love life over his best friend." He feigned a heartache, clutched his chest and plopped down Jungkook's bed. "I'm hurt," he pouted.



Jungkook smiled and cracked an eye open too look at Jimin. Having not noticed the dip on his bed, he suddenly jolted awake but remained still and hyper-aware of their close proximity. His brain only then chose to process the fact that Jimin, the hyung he'd had a crush on ever since Taehyung (God bless him) introduced them 3 years ago, was in his room, on his bed, talking to him, and that he hasn't ever seen anyone look this good in a black turtleneck and jeans. And the jeans, oh my god the skinny jeans, that accented his huge, muscular thighs were not helping with Jungkook's morning wood. He could feel the image of his hyung's outfit of the day burning and etching itself into his brain for permanent storage. It was a good thing he was still under his covers.


His heart was beating uncontrollably in his chest and he was starting to get dizzy when Jimin sighed again, this time into his sheets.


He peered up at Jungkook. "What do you think I should do now? I basically cleared my schedule for today because I thought Tae and I were gonna hang out."


"Um," Jungkook started. "You could stay here and wait for him to come back, if you want." Please do.


"Really?" Jimin chuckled. Jungkook swears he could've melted and melded into his sheets right there and then. "Knowing him, he'd probably be back around late afternoon. I wouldn't want to keep you here. Looking after me," he mumbled the last part. Jungkook doesn't see the light pink that shades his cheeks.


"No, it's fine! I'm not going anywhere anyway," Jungkook says as he sits up.


Jimin sits up as well and stifles a laugh. "Okay then, I'm staying here. But wash yourself up, I'm not hanging out with you and your woke-up-like-this look."


Climbing out of bed, Jungkook turned to look at Jimin, and his eyes widened because he remembered that he never had good bed hair, unlike other guys in movies. While theirs looked like the pillows were amazing stylist-noonas, his just awkwardly shot up in different spots on his head while the other spots stayed flat as hell as if they'd been ironed overnight. He jumped up and raced to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him, not being able to hear Jimin's laughter that practically filled the whole apartment.


"Ahh," Jimin wiped his eyes, an after-effect of all the laughing he did. "Cutie."





 

"What do you want to do?" Jungkook asked after cleaning up in the kitchen. He had re-heated some leftovers and rice enough for the both of them and after enjoying a healthy, very delicious brunch (thanks be to the Gods who gave Seokjin to Taehyung as an older brother), Jimin suggested him helping out during the clean-up because he basically lived there as well anyway. Everything felt strangely domestic to Jungkook and it warmed up, not just his cheeks and ears, but his entire body as well, making his heart skip a beat every time Jimin's hand brushed against his while they were doing the dishes. (He doesn't know if it was healthy for Jimin to be around him this much if this was the effect Jimin had on him, but he doesn't think he minds.)


Wiping his hands on one of the kitchen towels, Jimin looked up thoughtfully. "Hm," his eyes squinted in deep thought. "Why don't we just play games on your playstation in your room?"


"Hyung," Jungkook looked at him, half-amused and half-serious. "You know that I can get pretty competitive, right."


"Yeah, so?" Jimin grinned. "Bring it on."





Jungkook swore he had never been so in love before in his life.






 

 

"This is unfair, how can you be better at me than this?" Jungkook grumbles as his controller vibrates in his hand, signalling him of his character's death. Playing nothing but Call of Duty for the past 2 hours, Jimin had managed to beat him more than half of the games they played. He sure knew how to get Jungkook riled up.


Jimin laughed that beautiful, hearty laugh of his that never fails to knock the air out of Jungkook's lungs. "Beats me, kiddo. I don't even own a playstation." He sticks out his tongue at Jungkook, leaving the younger in a daze. Once he snaps out of it, though, he frowns.


"Let's play another game, I'm getting tired of this one," he says, already rummaging through his collection of games.


His hyung laughs harder this time and his cheeks go red. It wasn't that he was a sore loser; he just didn't want to lose. In front of his hyung. Because he had to look cool. For his hyung.


"Okay, but I'm playing." Jimin stands up and squats beside him, knees almost touching Jungkook from where he was sitting on the floor and Jungkook feels like exploding from the almost skin contact. "What interesting game do you have there?"


Just as Jungkook was about to defend himself because what do you mean by 'interesting' are you implying that none of my games are interesting enough for you because eXCUSE ME everything i play is interesting, Jimin gasped and snatched up one of the cases from the middle of the pile. He peered over his own shoulder to see that Jimin was holding up his God of War 2 video game.


"Can we play this one?" Jimin asked, eyes twinkling with excitement.


It was Jungkook's turn to chuckle now. "Sure, but why?" He takes the COD CD out and replaces it with the God of War CD. They return to their previous positions on Jungkook's bed, Jimin sitting near the foot of the bed while Jungkook sat near the headboard, trying to not be obvious in putting a huge gap between them. They decided to stay in his room since he had a TV and his playstation in his room. Plus, playing on a sofa wasn't nearly as nice as being able to play on a bed.


"God, I haven't played this in ages," Jimin exhaled. "I used to have a playstation 2, but it broke, for some reason. Anyway, all I used to play there were the default Nintendo games that come with the console, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Midnight Club, and basically nothing really intense. Until Taehyungie gave me God of War for my 10th birthday." He chuckled. "From then on, nothing could separate me from the TV. Up until the console broke, of course."


Jungkook felt touched, having heard something about Jimin's past. Something that they both shared (he had a playstation 2 once, as well) but definitely had different experience with (although, the games they played weren't really different). It made God of War being single-player worth it.


He turned off his controller and scooted over to the foot of the bed, nearer to his hyung, with their shoulders brushing. He looked at his hyung and smiled when Jimin looked at him as well. His heart was beating a lot harder now and he was almost deaf because of the blood rushing and roaring in his ears and he had to physically restrain himself from kissing his hyung right there, but he managed to keep himself under control. "Well, good luck with this one," he said as they both turned their heads towards the TV. "It's harder than the first one and I believe you're out of practice."


Jimin did the cockiest thing anyone would ever do in a stuation like the one he was in: he smirked. He ing smirked.



"Watch me."

 

 






"Say, Jungkook-ah, what'll you give me if I finish off Zeus on my first try, hm?" Jimin, with eyes still trained on the TV screen, glances at Jungkook for a moment, and laughs.


After hours of Jimin playing and him just watching, Jungkook couldn't even count how many times his jaw dropped in awe because how the was Jimin even doing this? He couldn't have had practice because, frankly, Jungkook likes to think he doesn't have that much friends, or that he doesn't hang out with them as much as he does with him and Taehyung. But if that is the case, he got through everything so smoothly and so... professional-gamer like, that Jungkook had very conflicted feelings. He didn't know which he was feeling more: envious, because his crush was, apparently, a genius gamer, or so ing , because His Crush Was A Genius Gamer.


He swallows the lump in his throat and closes his mouth once again to give his hyung an answer. He knew for a fact that Zeus was one of the hardest bosses to beat in the entire God of War game series so he answered with a cheeky, "Anything. Anything you want."


As he made his way to the the boss, the final one, the almighty Zeus that everyone, even Jungkook, admires and fears, he grins. Too wide and too bright, Jungkook thinks. From his point of view, Jimin was basically glowing like he was the sun and, even though he was small, he looked like he was a great match against Zeus himself.







Jungkook had to sit and stare in awe as Jimin plowed through all the obstacles, pummeling Zeus here and there, obeying all the commands, and surpassing all the combos he had to make, resulting in the grim defeat of the god of the sky, the king of Mount Olympus, and the victory of the now god of God of War, Park Jimin.




As soon as his victory party was over, which consisted of him jumping up and down on the bed and on the floor, dragging Jungkook up to jump along with him, singing and shouting all around the room as the credits rolled, he and Jungkook ended up in a heap of tired limbs and semi-sore throats on Jungkook's bed. Side-by-side, they gazed up at the ceiling as they listen to each other's slowly steadying and calming breathing, the atmosphere still filled with that spark of excitement and the buzz from having won the game over. Jungkook glanced over to one side of his room and, through a slight partition in his drawn shades, he sees an array of colors ranging from red to orange to pink, indicating the slowly setting sun and how long they've spent in his room, just playing and basking in each other's presence. He thought of himself so selfish as to wish this moment would last, and to wish that the day would never end.


"So," Jimin started, once his breathing returned to normal. "What do I get?"


Jungkook froze, having forgotten the deal Jimin struck with him. He gulped, giving his hyung a side-ways glance. "Anything?" He didn't mean for his voice to come out in that pitch, but what the hell, let puberty have its fun.


The said hyung giggled, ing giggled, and turned to his side to look at Jungkook. "Anything?"


Slowly nodding, Jungkook braced himself for whatever request Jimin had for him, only to be attacked by small fingers digging at his sides and neck, tickling him, for crying out loud.



And by being competitive as , Jungkook retaliated. Suppose this was Jimin's victory gift, he wasn't really suppose to fight back, but he wasn't about to stop now, not when he's got his hyung pinned and squirming under him, laughing a little too hard, eyes crinkling, tears almost spilling, and almost gasping for air. Jungkook finds himself laughing along as well, and when Jimin finally begs for him to stop, he proceeds to place his hands on the space on either side of Jimin's head.



Then, it occurred to him.



OTL




Jungkook visibly stilled and Jimin's laughing suddenly stopped as well. Locking eyes with Jimin, Jungkook could feel the blood pounding in his ears and his heart pounding in his chest, as if it knew that its partner was there. His very soul was being dragged downward, eyes now focused on Jimin's lips, tongue flickering out to wet its owner's lips by habit.


He snapped, gave in to desire, and attacked Jimin's mouth with his own.




After the initial shock of ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod what am i doing, he realized that Jimin was not only not pushing him away, but he was also responding. Only now did Jungkook notice how soft and plump Jimin's lips felt against his, and how undeniably addicting it was to kiss Jimin. (This had only happened in his dreams and he could now say that reality is definitely better than dreams.) He tilted his head for a better angle, lips slanting against the other's, his tongue, now doing what Jimin's was a while ago, asking for entrance. Jimin succumbed eagerly, lifting his hands to comb through Jungkook's hair. Jungkook relaxed into his touch and sighed against Jimin's lips, the latter smiling against his in return.


 


They parted with bated breaths seconds later, both of them feeling dizzy from the lack of oxygen. Jungkook rested his forehead against Jimin's as they catch their breaths and Jimin laughed. Jungkook smiled and closed his eyes, absorbing every note coming from Jimin's laughter.


"I've been waiting 3 years to do that, you know," Jungkook managed to say in between deep breaths. He opened his eyes, proceeding to hover over his smiling hyung.


Jimin reached up to Jungkook's cheek. He bit his lip, looking a little unsure of what he was about to say, but when Jungkook lifted his hand up to hold the one on his cheek, it gave him the boost of courage he needed. "I haven't said what I wanted yet."


Jungkook looked at him, confusion slowly taking over his facial features. "Really? I thought it was the tickling comp--"


He was cut off by Jimin's finger against his lips, silencing him and he obeyed, but not before pressing a kiss against the aforementioned finger. Jimin giggled again, eyes turning into crescents and Jungkook thinks melted a little inside.


"I want..." Jimin trailed off, letting go of Jungkook's cheek in favor of pulling him down by the back of his neck.





"You."


Jungkook searched Jimin's eyes, the latter growing redder with every passing second of silence.


Jimin closed his eyes and peeked at him through his eyelashes. "That's if you'll have me."




Stopping mere centimeters away from Jimin's face, Jungkook's breath ghosted over Jimin's lips as he breathed before capturing Jimin's smile in his.






"Gladly."