Tears of Joy

Tears of Joy

 

*continued from previous chapter*

Three days has passed, and the party will be held at night. The past few days, Sehun has been busy searching for what to wear to the party, and planning for his confession to Luhan. Despite spending a large amount of time on planning, he still doesn't know how to start his confession.

Should he start with "Luhan, please complete me."? 

Should he confess in front of everyone?

Should he grab Luhan out and confess in the starry night?

The more he thinks about it, the more he panicks, and so he decided to just go with the flow and confess when he felt that the time was ripe. 

*************************

Kai, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were busy preparing for the party as well. They bought plenty of balloons and food for the party and had a special room prepared for Sehun's confession to Luhan. They decorated it extremely well, hoping that it would help create the right atmosphere for Sehun's confession. Before the party started, they kept the room locked so that the others who came to the party could not enter.

Luhan was the first to arrive for the party. He was extremely excited for the party because he would get to see Sehun  in a party for the first time. He knew that Sehun would definitely look really charming in the party and unconsciously smiled at the thought of it. 

"Do you guys need help?" Luhan asked Baekhyun. 

"No, we're fine. We've set up everything. Just enjoy the party" Baekhyun smiled, knowing that Luhan is going to have the best day of his life.

Moments later, Suho, Lay, Xiumin, Chen,and Kyungsoo came together. They were really happy to see the others because they haven't seen them for a long time. It was time to get together and reminisce about the past. Sehun arrived last and smiled at the sight of Luhan. He was extremely nervous about the confession later at night but seeing Luhan made the butterflies in his stomach go even crazier.

After they said hi to each other, the party began. Chanyeol was the DJ for the party, and he played songs that he composed. Everyone was in high spirits and joked around with each other.

Baekhyun was in charge of the games. Baekhyun held a microphone and stood on a makeshift stage. "Attention everyone! We are going to start the games now! Everyone please grab a partner. We are going to play the Pocky Game." Everyone grabbed their partner instantly. Suho partnered with Lay, Kai partnered with Kyungsoo, Xiumin partnered with Chen, and Sehun partnered with Luhan. 

They proceeded with the games and finally it was Sehun and Luhan's turn. Luhan bit the stick while Sehun slowly bit the stick, towards the end of it. He did not want to lose and so he kept biting until it was really close to Luhan's lips. Right when he was about to bite off the stick and end the game, His lips accidentally touched Luhan's lips for a brief moment. Both their eyes widened and Sehun quickly bit off the stick and moved away. He looked around to see if anyone had seen that, and it looked like no one saw it. But he doesn't know that Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai saw it and secretly smirked. Sehun turned to see Luhan and saw him fanning his flushed face. Sehun smiled adoringly but he didn't go towards Luhan because he knew that it would be awkward with him. Baekhyun announced Sehun and Luhan as the winners of the Pocky Game with an incredibly short Pocky stick left. 

After the games have ended, Suho, Lay, Xiumin, Chen, and Kyungsoo went home, leaving behind the rest. Seeing this, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai immediately grabbed Sehun to the room they prepared earlier when Luhan wasn't looking.

"Listen, Sehun, we prepared this room for you to confess to Luhan. Stay here, and we will bring Luhan to you." 

The three of them convinced Luhan that Sehun was having a serious headache and Luhan immediately rushed to the room. They snickered and leaned against the doors of the room, hoping to hear their conversation. 

"Sehun,are you okay? They told me you were having a serious headache." 

"What? No, I'm not having a headache. They lied to you to get you here."

"Why would they lie to me to get me here?"

Sehun closed in on Luhan and put his hands against the wall beside Luhan, in case Luhan ran away. "Because I have something to tell you. Luhan, I-I like you." He stammered, nervous about Luhan's reaction.

"What? Sehun, are you having a fever?" Luhan asked, unable to believe what Sehun is saying.

"No, I really like you. I didn't realise it before the Sunmi incident, but after that I finally realize that how much I want to protect you, to care for you, to be there whenever you need me. Can you become my other half?" 

"Sehun, of course! This-this is the moment I have been waiting for. I've liked you for so long.... I never thought you would have feelings for me."

Upon hearing that, Sehun heaved a sigh of relief, and lifted Luhan up happily and turned around, extremely happy that they are together now. Luhan was still in a daze because he couldn't believe that this was happening. They smiled lovingly at each other, and opened the door to return home. When they opened the door, they were shocked to see the other three standing outside the room smiling awkwardly.

"We-we were just passing by the room. Congratulations on getting together!" The three of them sang the congratulations song while they returned to their respective houses.

When Luhan reached home, he lied on his bed and smiled. The day that he has been waiting for all his life is finally here. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have Sehun as a boyfriend and fantasized about their future together as he fell asleep.

Sehun reached home and lied on his bed. He thought about the many challenges that they were going to face together, but he knew that no matter what happens, he will be able to overcome it together with Luhan. He looked forward to the next day; the first day that he was going to spend as Luhan's boyfriend....

 

******************

Author's note:

Exams are over yayy! :D Finally done with this chapter. I wanted to release this during my exams, but I couldn't complete it because the stress from exams were causing me to be unable to think of any ideas. Sorry guyss! :( Now that exams are over I will try to release more often :) Thanks for the support you guys have given me, it really motivates me to continue writing. Comment below if you have any ideas for improvement and I will try to implement them! :D