Glimmer of Hope

Tears of Joy

Luhan has a secret, a secret that no one should know; He likes Oh Sehun.......

It's the first day of school and Luhan is walking to school as fast as he could, hoping to see the one person that is his reason for coming early to school everyday: Oh Sehun.  When he reached the school, he saw a huge crowd of fangirls crowding around a certain person.

He smiled, knowing who it was. He craned his neck, hoping to get his sights on Sehun, and when he saw Sehun, he was amazed by how Sehun can look so good every single time. After realizing that he's never going to get through the fangirls, he went to class right away( knowing that Sehun would come look for him later in class anyway.

                                                                                                    **************

When Sehun finished his "fanmeeting", he ran to class right away, extremely excited to see Luhan because they haven't met for so long. When Sehun spotted someone with honey brown hair sitting right beside his table, he smiled adoringly and went straight towards his table.

He ruffled Luhan's hair and Luhan turned around with a dazzling smile. Just as he was about to say hi, the professor came in and started the lecture. He sat down awkwardly and took out his books.

Luhan started the conversation with a simple hi and and they started chatting about how much they missed hanging out with each other during the holidays due to their busy schedules (Luhan works in a fast food restaurant while Sehun works as a waiter in a renowned cafe that lovers always visit). They talked and talked until the professor gave them a death glare which stopped them, and they decided they should just leave their conversations for their lunch break.

                                                                                                    *************

When it was time for lunch break, Luhan grabbed Sehun and went to area beside the soccer fields where they would always sit there and eat the food they brought from home. Sehun would always make excuses saying that he doesn't like the cake his mother makes in order to let Luhan eat the cake. Sehun loves seeing the look of bliss that always show on Luhan's face and it always brightens up his day.

Suddenly Luhan turns serious. "Sehun-ah, are the rumours circulating around true? Are you really secretly dating a girl you met during the holidays?" Luhan asked while furrowing his brows.

"Where did you hear them from?" 

"The fangirls, they were all debating about whether it is true.Is it really true?"

The bell rang right at that moment.

"Ahhh, its the school bell, lets get ready for the next lecture" Sehun ran off, not wanting to answer the question. He just didn't want to talk about it. The truth was, Sehun did (past tense) the girl, but the girl broke up with him. The girl said "Someone else is in your heart. You don't look at me with the eyes of a lover." but Sehun doesn't really understand what she meant at that time. After thinking it through, he realised that he didn't really like the girl, he wasn't sure if he likes anyone like the girl had said.

               **********************

Luhan was really upset that Sehun refused to answer his question. Although he really wants to know the truth, deep in his heart, he is also afraid of being hurt by the fact that Sehun is together with another person. He knows he wouldn't be able to stand the fact. He hopes to hear Sehun say that the rumours are all not true and maybe he might still have a glimmer of hope of being together with Sehun.  After pondering for a while, he decided that he should just put it at the back of his mind, because if he did not, it would just upset him even further.

***********************

The lecture started, and they were extremely awkward around each other. "Erhem, you okay?" Sehun asked, with a hint of concern. It was pretty obvious that Sehun was trying to break the silence and act like nothing had happend. "Yeah" Luhan said with a forced smile. He continued writing his notes as though he was in a good mood, but he knew he can't hold the act for long, eventually the rumours would just gain control over him and he would just break down. 

When the lecture ended, Luhan rushed out even though he had heard Sehun call out for him because he was really afraid of breaking down and asking Sehun about the truth again. He didn't want to show his weak side to Sehun, and certainly didn't want Sehun to find out that he likes him.

*********************

When he reached home, he received a text message from Sehun.

Luhan, can we talk? Are you angry with me? Please don't ignore me D:

Upon reading the message, Luhan felt a sharp pain in his chest.  His phone vibrated again. This time it wasn't Sehun. It was Baekhyun, his best friend. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the most well informed people in the school (they know all the rumours and latest news in the school). They were the ones who told Luhan about the rumours about Sehun, thinking that Luhan should know about it since he is Sehun's best friend.

Luhan, the girl in the rumours is Sunmi.

Sunmi??? The President of the Dance Club that Sehun is in?

Yeah, that Sunmi.

At that moment, Luhan lost all his hopes of being together with Sehun because Sunmi is known to be the most popular girl in school, and rumour has it that she likes Sehun. If that is true, Luhan doubts if he would even stand a chance to win Sehun's heart. Luhan decides that he should sleep to forget his troubles, even if it is for just a while. Just then, his doorbell rang. Luhan sat up, wondering who it would be (his parents don't live with him). Walking over to the door with heavy steps, still thinking about the rumours. 

When he opened the door, a drenched Sehun was standing outside (it was raining), holding a box of cakes. Luhan was too surprised to even react. Seeing this, Sehun went in on his own accord and closed the door....

 

Author's note:

Added Sunmi in coz she's pretty and I didn't know what name to use so I used hers. I know the first chapter is really boring so I will try to make it better the next few chapters. Do support me! :D