One

The Spark That Became You (Taehyung Fanfic)

“Hana! Let’s go out for dinner” suggested my best friend. “You know I have to work on essays and finish half of pride and prejudice right?” I replied in an “isn’t it obvious” tone. “I know, I know, but come ooon, you gotta come this time, there’s gonna be boys” Hyeri wriggled her eyebrows. “How’s that better? I’ve never had a boyfriend before, that makes talking to boys a downside for me” I explained. “Please, just this one time? For meeee?” she pleaded. I looked at her with those puppy dog eyes. Sigh. “Fine, only this time” I gave in. “SWEET!” she shouted. “SHHHH!” shushed the librarian. “Yeah, that’s what you get for being annoying” I laughed. “Laugh all you want, I’m being nice to you because of tonight” She muttered.

 

I came back to my apartment and start picking an outfit for dinner. I decided to wear a plain white t-shirt; black ripped skinny jeans, and sneakers. I figured that it was going to be a casual occasion. My hair was left natural, a bit wavy than usual. I sighed and walked inside my bedroom and greeted my teddy bear Taetae, he’s always been with me since I was 5. As weird as it sounds, I have some sort of attachment with this doll. We’ve been through a lot, from highs to lows. I’m 19 years old and a stuffed bear is my best friend. I call that normal. “Hey tae, how are you doing?” I asked the bear. Of course, I got no response. “You know I’m very shy around boys right? Well, I don’t know how to handle the dinner tonight. What if I froze again?” I gave a scenario. “Ah, what to do?” I muttered as I hugged taetae and fell onto the bed.

 

*Ding

 

Hyeri-ah: Hey come already! We’re waiting for you

Hana: Please don’t tell me you’re with Yoongi -_-

Hyeri-ah: I won’t tell you anything then.. :P

Hana: MISUNGG, I don’t want to third wheel again L I know you’re going to leave me alone and I’m going to be forced to mingle with others

Hyeri-ah: That’s the plan ;)

Hana: Oh, so this dinner thing is a ‘plan’?

Hyeri-ah: C’mon, it’s time for you to find a man, if it’s not now, when??

Hana: I’m not coming.

Hyeri-ah: YA! YOU PROMISED, NO TAKE BACKS

Hana: AISH FINE… I still hate you tho

Hyeri-ah: Aigoo my baby is grumpy

Hana: Meet you there. :’(

 

Typical Hyeri. Always coming up with her schemes. I took a deep sigh and faced taetae. “What if I don’t find a man? What will I do?” I asked the stuffed doll. I stood up, grabbed my purse and keys and headed out.

 

I had to take the bus to get to the place. I sat myself down on the seat next to the window, and I noticed droplets of rain trickling down the window. Just great. I placed my earphones on my ears and leaned back.

 

Song I’m listening to: Eat – Zion T

 

I stared outside the window and focused on the water falling from the sky. I find it peaceful and rhythmical. Rather than seeing the clouds are crying, I believe the skies are telling us something, sort of like a message hidden in a song. Every rain has it different stories. Sometimes it feels like sadness, sometimes joy, sometimes nothing at all. I don’t know, my interpretations of things are out of this world. People tend to nod their heads and let it slide, not really encouraging it. Even my best friend, Hyeri, she doesn’t acknowledge my thoughts. This is why I tend to keep my feelings to myself and Taetae.

 

I thanked the bus driver and ran inside the restaurant. “There you are! Come here!” shouted Hyeri standing sitting next to his boyfriend, and of course, accompanied by strangers from campus. I walked towards them and set next to Hyeri. “Hey” I greeted them, barely audible. They ignored and continued conversing. “Hey” said a voice across from the table. I looked to the owner of the voice, and it’s Zico, oh god no. Not gonna lie, I’ve been crushing on him for a while. He’s smart, talented rapper, and not to mention the charismatic vibes you get from him. “H-hey” I stuttered. But the thing is... he’s a well-known ladies man, played all the girls back and forth. “Don’t mind these s, they’re not worth your hey’s” he chuckled. I followed with a laugh. “What do you say we order something else?” he said standing up from his seat. I felt a nudged on my shoulder, coming from Hyeri. She looked at me with intent; I stood up and followed him. From what I know, you order the food on the specified counter. But we’re not headed towards the direction. He pulled me on the side of the restaurant and pinned me on the brick wall. “W-what are you doing?!” I shouted. He shuts me up with his free hand. “Not a word” he whispered and kissed me on the mouth. Is this really happening? Is this where I think it’s going to lead to? I panicked as tears rolled down my face. All I can think about is protecting myself. I kicked his private parts by instincts; at least that’s what my sister always reminds me. He crouched down to the ground, and released me from his grip. I ran away to the table and grabbed my bag. Everyone was staring at me. “Where did Zico go? I told him to take care of you” she said innocently. “Wait.. YOU PLANNED THIS?” I shouted at her and the whole table went dead silent.

 “Well yeah.. you’re always ing about not having a boyfriend, so as your BEST friend, I actually did something decent for you” she explained, as if she was the hero in this picture. “Are you serious?” stated Yoongi seriously, with an angered tone. “I never asked you to do anything for me! Let alone this ed up act! What is wrong with you!? You have no rights to call yourself my best friend. After all the I went through for you… really? Is this how you repay me? Forget it. Let’s not see each other ever again” I stomped out the restaurant dramatically. I sped my pace due to the heavy rain, I didn’t care that I was soaking wet, all I want is to go home and bury myself on my soft blanket.

 

As soon as I reach home, I stormed off and angrily changed my clothes and rushed myself to bed. I grabbed Taetae from the corner of my bed and hugged him close. “Tae, I can’t do this anymore, I’ve been humiliated and I.. I feel disgusting” I voiced my feelings. “And now I have no one” I continued. A few hours had passed and the rain is still pouring hard, except, thunder and lighting joined the party. I calmed down myself; I’m at the point where I’m too tired to cry… dozing off to sleep. “I- I just wish you’re a real human… and maybe… maybe you’d understand me and always be beside me” I wished and kissed the bear. A moment later, the thunder strikes extremely hard. It triggered the electricity; fortunately it didn’t completely cut it off. After the slight scare, my eyes drifted to dreamland.

 

Next Morning….

 

I woke up to the sound of a steady heartbeat, a calming rhythm. I was feeling especially warm, I feel like someone is hugging me. Someone is hugging me. Someon--- SOMEONE IS HUGGING ME?! I jolted up from my bed to found a young man sleeping next to me, even worse, cuddling me. Was I drunk last night? Was I drugged? Did I—Hook up? Nononono, nope, nu-uh, I paced back and forth. I observed the stranger sleeping peacefully in my bed. He has a dark brown hair, tall lean figure, and a cute mole on his nose. WHAT AM I SAYING? THERE IS A MAN ON MY BED. Thank God the blanket covered his no-no area. I decided to take a broom from the supplies closet and whack (wake) him up. “W-WHO ARE YOU?!” I whacked. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!” another whack, I continued followed by more screaming. “HEY, HEY, HEY, CALM DOWN!” his hands protected his body. I threw the broom on the hardwood floor and kicked him out of bed. “OUCH, THAT HURTS” he shouted. He fell down on the ground along with the blanket. I came closer to him, “AH- BEFORE YOU HURT ME, LET ME EXPLAIN” he defended himself. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. “Who are you?” I asked once more. “I’m Taetae” he blurted out. Taetae? As in…

“Stop playing around! Who are you?” I said threatening to throw a jab at him. “I really am him! Just check to see if the teddy bear is still there” he said. I went around my bed and probed it thoroughly, and there was no sign of the brown cuddly bear. “That doesn’t prove a point” I reasoned. “You still don’t believe me?” he said with his glistening brown eyes. Those eyes gave me a familiar feeling… “I can prove it to you” he said. “When you we’re 8 years old, you brought me to the playground and sat me down on the swing next to you, you told me that you loved me and that you wouldn’t leave me, you made a promise to me that day” he uttered as he stood up looking me straight in the eyes. H-he was right, I still remember that day. “B-but” I interject, “When you were 12 years old, it was your first heartbreak, you came home and told me that Kyungsoo rejected you. You kept repeating the same old sad song for almost 50 times” he explained. I was lost for words… I can’t believe it’s really him. “Do you believe me now?” he asked. I nodded and realized that he’s not wearing anything. “Oh my gosh, Uh, I’m going to find something for you to wear” I rushed to my closet finding an oversized shirt and sweatpants for him to wear. I threw the pieces of clothing at him, “Come out when you’re fully dressed” I shouted and slammed the door.

 

I waited outside my room and paced around the living room like my life’s depending on it. How can this happen? This makes no sense at all. At all. I heared the door creaked and a face peeked out from the other side of the room. He walked towards me and stood in front. “If you’re taetae, then how can this happen? Why are you human?” I asked confusedly begging for a logical answer. “All I remember was you wishing for me to become human, and now I am one” he explained. He’s right, I did wish for this to happen.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the abrupt ending, I just want to test this story out, to see if ya'll like it or not, so yeahh... comments?