001 Aeri

Among Us

Waking up at this time was similar to having a panic attack.  It was sudden, I felt like I was suffocating, possibly dying.  I could barely see, I would think my eyesight was bad if I hadn't gotten eye surgery before things went bad.  Glancing out my car window, the street was so packed I couldn't tell what was going on even slightly.  The backs and sides of people of varying heights and sizes pressed against the side of my current home.  

I pulled the car door open, effectively smashed together more people.  The minimal space quickly filled up with more panicked citizens.  

"What's going on?" I yell, but it falls on deaf ears.  Screaming and crying filled the spaces around me.  Some try to get in the car, but I block the path. I tug on someone's shirt and ask, "What the is going on?"  

The man starts crying, "Please please let me in your car, PLEASE!" I stared at him confusedly as he tried to rip me away from the entrance.  I figured if I let him in, he could still explain.  

"If you don't let anyone else in after you."  He nods rapidly.  I move backwards into the car, sitting on my pillow.  He slams the door hard, almost on the fingers of a middle aged woman.  "What's going on?" I said quietly.  He was breathing heavily, trying with much difficulty to form words.  

"I-II I they-y"  I pat his shoulder, and he starts to calm down slightly.  "They- they're coming, they are coming back to life! They are trying to make us like them!" He starts crying again, but I'm still confused.

 "Who?  Who's they?"  He runs his hands across his face and sighs.

"Everyone.  Humans.  People.  They are dying and eating other people and killing them and- ."  I stop for a moment, trying to process the situation.  People are banging on the windows trying to get our attention.  I didn't know what to do, or say.  

"Oh... so uh...... what's your name?" He turned his head, almost relieved,

"Jimin."