001 Minhee

Among Us

"Jin? I'm fixing to leave! Can you help me with my bags?" I call out, putting on a light jacket. 
The tall man pokes his head into our shared bedroom with a worried expression. "Now? Why now? Why not in the morning?"
"If the traffic wasn't so ty, I probably would go in the morning. I kinda wanna see my parents sometime this year." I take my phone off the charger and stuff the cord in my purse. "So, are you going to help me? Or do I have to lug these down to the parking garage myself?"
"Oh! No, I'll help. Sorry, babe." He picks up my biggest bag and tosses it over his shoulder. "Are you sure you should be driving this late at night?" He asks as I pick up my smaller bag and purse. 
"Yeah, there won't be that many people on the highway so it'll be fine. Why do you think I napped today?" He shrugs and we walk out of the apartment to the elevator. 
"The news says that it's getting pretty bad out there...." He says after he hits the down button on the elevator. 
"Pretty bad? What, did Starbucks shutdown?" I roll my eyes and pull my phone out of my pocket. 
"No..... Like people coming back to life-"
"People coming back to life?" I look up from my phone and stare at him. "People coming back to life? Have you been watching Fox News again?"
"I...." He frowns. "No.... Maybe..." He stares down at his feet. 
I groan. "Jin, you know you can't believe everything you see on TV. Especially Fox News."
He sighs. "Yeah... You're right, I guess."
The elevator door opens and we step out. The walk over to my black SUV isn't long, and we load my bags into the backseat. 
"Alright. Well. I'll be back at the end of the week." I smile up at him. "Make sure to feed the cat, okay? I don't want a repeat of last time."
He frowns. "I did put food out! That cat just hated me..."
"Probably because you named her Apple." 
"Her face looked like an apple!" He defended. 
"And it was cute and it gave her character." I give him a quick peck on the cheek. "Have fun, stay safe, make good life choices."
He gives me a small smile before pulling me towards him into a gentle embrace. "Just..... Please be careful. I don't want Fox News to be right."

Jin is right. I can't believe I'm saying this, but holy , he is right. The roads are backed up to hell with people just wanting to get out of the city. I’m going to have to assume that the government isn't letting anyone out to the highway, probably some bull safety precaution. There's people banging on car doors and windows, begging to let them in. They're saying that the city is going to be bombed. I don't believe it, but I also didn't believe Jin. And here we are.