Chapter 3

If Ever You Need Me, I'll Be There

It had been months and Jinki had moved on, at least, that's what he would tell you. He would introduce you to  Luna...she was his girlfriend now, but he didn't love her; not in the way she wanted him to. How could he, when all he saw when he looked at her was the man he wishes he could forget? Except, he didn't...want to forget him. Thinking about Taemin made his heart ache, but trying to forget Taemin made him die inside all over again. How could he forget someone he would take a bullet for?

Luna left. She wrote a note saying that she couldn't be with a man that looked at her, but never really saw her. Jinki doesn't care. He supposes it's for the best. He hopes Luna finds the man she deserves. 

He sees couples on the street and he hates them, or rather, he hates what they have. He wants to tell them to hold on while it lasts. He wants to tell them to hold on because letting go hurts like hell.

He wonders what Taemin is up to, if the man is doing well, if he's happy. He hopes to hell he is because at least then his pain won't be in vain. All he ever wants is for Taemin to be happy. 


Taemin had Minho now. That's what he told himself. He told himself that he loved Minho, that Minho loved him, but that wasn't true. Taemin didn't think he could love anymore; his heart had walked out in the hands of the man he had pushed away so many months ago, and all that was left was a sadness that consumed him. But this was normal for Taemin. Taemin knew how to be sad. Sadness didn't scare him. Oh, but it did hurt like hell.

Minho comes to the rrom and Taemin knows what he wants. Taemin gives it to him because Taemin also knows how to be used.

Taemin doesn't realize where he's heading until he sees the sight of the house he knows so well. He shouldn't go in. He figures Jinki is better off without him. But he needs Jinki, he always has.