Arcane-EXO Baekhyun

EXO AND BTS ONE SHOTS
Please log in to read the full chapter

This one shot is dedicated to my chingu Vee_my4D_alien 

WARNING: DARK

Violet strode out of the council room, her pristine white cloak billowing behind her, bringing about a striking appearance, the sword at her hip swinging with every step she took and her grim expression making her seem much older than her age. The meeting had been just like the rest; a lot of unnecessary shouting, arguing and an absolute waste of time. They should be out doing something, anything, other than staying inside a stuffy old room screaming their throats out, and not paying the slightest attention the others’ opinions. So many deaths already…when were they going to realize that nothing can be achieved by idly twiddling their thumbs!

 She let out a groan of frustration as she stopped her rapid, anger fueled walk, to lean against the wall, and arrange her thoughts. Suddenly the tower bells started tolling, their loud and incessant peals ringing clearly through the air.

 Another attack? So soon? Violet sighed and started walking towards the sound, gripping the hilt of her sword tightly, trying to mentally prepare herself for the upcoming battle, just like she had done countless times in these past few, exhausting weeks.

As she walked she thought about how things used to be, how peaceful it had all been. It was almost impossible to believe that her world had been filled with happiness and devoid of worries not so long ago…her thoughts also inevitably wandered to him; Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.

***

Violet laughed as she plopped herself down on the soft grass of the clearing they had come upon. She and Baekhyun, being the adventurous pair that they were, had run into the forest the first chance they had, intent on finding out the secrets hidden within the depths of its leafy wilderness.

“It feels so amazing in here,” Baekhyun commented as he sat down beside her. “It feels magical and… special somehow.”

“That’s because I’m here you know,” Violet joked, turning her head to look up at him. “I give off an awesome vibe.”

“Oh yeah? Then why do I feel a sense of dread whenever I see you?” Baekhyun countered.

“That’s because you know that you’ll never be as awesome as I am,” Violet replied smoothly.

“Is that so?” Baekhyun asked, his teasing voice making Violet instantly stay on guard. This did not bode well. And just then Baekhyun advanced towards her, his fingers outstretched, a wicked grin spread across his face.

“No…No, Mr. Byun Baekhyun, don’t you dare!” Violet warned him realizing what was about to happen, but her warning was left unheeded, as Baekhyun pounced on her and started tickling her mercilessly.

“Take it back,” he said, laughing as Violet shrieked and protested, but no matter how much the tickling was making her stomach cramp, Violet wasn’t about to give in. They kicked and thrashed about, laughing and screaming, each one trying to get the upper hand until they were both completely out of breath and couldn’t continue. They lay still for a while, their efforts given up, gasping for breath and when they had calmed down a little, they realized that they were still on top of one another.

Violet blushed at the sudden realization and asked Baekhyun to get off of her, complaining that he weighed a ton and should stop eating like a pig, to distract both him and herself from the heat that was spreading across her cheeks. But for some reason Baekhyun didn’t oblige. He simply propped himself up on his elbows, taking his weight off of Violet and stared at her, his head tilted to the side, and his expression one of amusement.

“You’re blushing!” he said, delighted. “Ha ha! I’m making you blush!”

“Oh please!” Violet said. “Stop giving yourself airs. That ego of yours will make your head burst,” she commented trying to push him off her, but she only succeeded in pushing Baekhyun off balance, making him fall back on top of her.

“Oof,” she grunted making Baekhyun immediately prop himself up on his elbows again and examine her with concern.

“Are you o-” He stopped midsentence, eyes widening as he realized that his face was only a few centimeters away from Violet’s, and that her beautiful brown eyes were currently staring right into his own. He seemed mesmerized by them. His lips were so very close, so close…if he just…

And then, without thinking, Baekhyun leaned forward, his own eyes closing just as Violet’s fluttered shut, his lips parted slightly as they made contact with Violet’s and suddenly there were fireworks erupting in Violet’s stomach, electricity shooting through her veins and pure, unadulterated happiness filling her heart, making it feel as if it would burst.

***

Violet smiled faintly as the bittersweet memories replayed in her mind. The memory was immediately followed by another.

***

They were running through the forest again. The place where they had first realized their crush on each other through a simple kiss, just one year ago had become a place of refuge for the two of them, a place where their crushes had slowly grown to become love.

No matter how many times they had explored the forest, Baekhyun and Violet fou

Please log in to read the full chapter