Love Lasts

So Bitter Sweet

Irene feels the wind breeze through her perfectly browned dough and sparkling icing. Soaring high in the sky is the most wonderful feeling Irene has ever known, even though she's only been alive for about 25 minutes. She takes in the bird's eye-view of the world with vigor and relishes in it. How could a mere cinnamon roll ever be so lucky to fall in love and go on an adventure? Irene thinks she must be the luckiest cinnamon roll in existance. 

Finally the girls land to a rest in Seulgi's nest. Seulgi's home is in the local park, inside the stone 'P' that spells out 'park'. It's big and wide neough for a pigeon and a cinnamon roll to live comfortably. Seulgi thinks it must be fate that advised her to build her nest here. Gently, she places Irene down in the coziest corner of the nest, on top of a cashmere scarf she stole last winter.

"Oh my!" Irene gushes, "This is so cozy!"

Seugli smiles trying to not let it go to her head. "I know. I made it just for you."

Irene's white frosting turns pink with a blush. "T-thank you," she says shyly and snuggles into the cashmere. 

Seulgi stares at her beautiful, new partner and Irene stares back. After a while Irene turns away in embarassment, not used to being admired in such a way. She looks down and peeks back up to see that Seulgi is still staring at her. She clears a little bit and adverts her eyes, observing Seugli's home. The nest isn't big, but it's comfortable enough for two. Momentarily Irene wonders if Seulgi has ever had another partner before. The green vine of jealously creeps and she frowns.

"Whats the matter, sweetums?" Seulgi asks, concerned about Irene's mood shift.

Irene shrugs and shakes her head. "I don't know, its just.....I'm not your first, am I?"

Seugli is stunned for a second before she breaks into a smile. "Oh, honey, my sweet darling, you are just to cute for words!" she gushes. 

Irene pouts. "I don't understand," she says.

"Sorry," Seulgi says with a smile, "its just that I thought something was wrong, but you just were jealous, right?"

"Well, its just that this doesn't seem like a home for just one," Irene says.

Seulgi takes a seat next to her new lover. "Everyone has a past, Irene. I've lived for a while, lost and lonely, not knowing when or where my true love would appear. I craved companionship, as does every living thing, but those past relationships are just that, the past. When I saw you, I knew immediately that you are the one that I've been searching for my whole life."

Irene smiles and looks at Seulgi lovingly. "I'm so glad you found me at the beginning of my life, so that I didn't have to live one day without my true love!"

~*~

Thunder claps in the distance, followed by a bright of lightening. Seulgi and Irene sit huddled together against the curve of their letter P home. Seulgi has ruffled out her wings and curved them around Irene, comforting and protecting her. Its the first time Irene has ever experienced a storm before and she trembles in fear. 

"Seulgi," Irene whimpers, "I'm scared."

"Shhh," Seulgi nuzzles Irene's trembling dough in an attempt to distract her. "Its going to be okay. This too shall pass."

With one deafening boom of thunder and blinding strike of lightening, the skies open up and pour out upon the innocent couple. Irene shrieks and Seulgi jumps, both turning in to find comfort in each other. The wind howls and Seulgi realizes just how little protection their home provides. Fat drops of cold rain pelt down on them from the revealing sides of the P. Seulgi does her best to protect Irene's delicate dough from the rain, but its no use, the rain is far too heavy. 

"S-seulgi!" Irene yells over the howl of the wind and the chorus of the raindrops, "I don't feel well!"

Seulgi looks down at Irene and feels her heart sink from her chest. Irene's dough has gone soggy, her icing thin and dripping from her. Guilt crashes over her and she holds Irene close, uncaring if her feathers get sticky. "I'm so sorry," she whispers over and over again, parying to every deity to make the rain stop. At this rate she'll loose the love of her life. 

 


 

 

/0_0\

oh me oh my

what ever will they do??????