Chapter Two

Quid Pro Quo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul rolled his eyes, walking towards Hyukjae, feline gaze as Hyukjae recoiled forgetting the pain in his body as he fixed his stare in anything but Heechul.

“Who are you?”

Heechul repeated slowly again, he did not want to believe that there was someone out in the world sharing the same features that his friend from childhood, it is just this person didn’t feel as Spencer. He looked like him but even if Spencer lost his memory Heechul was sure he would not let other person abuse him or call him names as scum.

“Spencer” Hyukjae replied the most steady he could. He gulped when he was trapped again in the dark stare that wanted to unwrapped all secrets. Heechul rubbed his temple and sighed.

“I know Spencer, heck! We’re friends since I was six! So tell me before I go to his father for you trying to replace him”.

Heechul started to feel his head aching, where was Spencer? If this man did something to his friend, Heechul will kill him.

Hyukjae gulped, he can do this, yes…. “I’m Spencer, Heechul.”

Heechul grew irritated and snarled “Who the are you?”

Well, maybe he can’t.

Hyukjae eyes popped from his place, he wanted to keep the lie so his father will not confined him in the small room again, then he saw Heechul’s glare and Hyukjae could not held anymore, he panicked waving his hands.

“Please, let me explain, just don’t tell father, please”

Hyukjae eyes begged, what turn off balance Heechul was the word ‘father’ as he blinked lost and sat in the chair next to Hyukjae.

“F-father?” Heechul asked and Hyukjae nodded slowly, the first gaped and covered his mouth.

“Oh, my gosh!” Heechul was so confused and at the same time with just that word, everything clicked, why Spencer was fine after the short time in the hospital when medics told him he was in comma with several injuries, it also explained why the behavior was different between the past and the present Spencer and how it passed as memory loss. Why the news were placated telling Spencer was fine when some days before same news were exaggerating saying the Lee’s heir was in critical condition; and finally the presence of this person before him explains why Mr. Lee was so calm about sending his dear son to war –school.

“That geezer is smart as a fox.” Heechul muttered and Hyukjae winced at the words.

Since Hyukjae did not interact with more people that his private tutors, grandmother and maid in his whole life, he was a pure white rabbit inside a place of wolves with the vicious of society and the modern pleasures.

“I’m sorry, please just don’t tell him” Hyukjae stopped seeing Heechul narrowing his gaze and asking.

“He’ll be glad if I help you, so why not?”

Hyukjae sighed and muttered “Please, I beg you”.

“Or what?” The feline man scoffed and Hyukjae felt no strength to lie more.

“He’ll lock me out again” And this time forever.

Heechul widened his horror “He is your father!!” he exclaimed, even Heechul being a bastard –as he was called- was loved by his father, not deeply and yet enough for feeling someone cares for him “a father would not-” and Heechul stopped his words.

“Spencer knows about you?” He asked, anxiety overwhelming him as he felt his lips dry.

“I-I don’t know.” Hyukjae confessed, he really doesn’t know. Spencer never went to visit him, Hyukjae always believed Spencer was afraid of being scolded, never crossed in his mind that his brother maybe did not know about him at all.

Heechul felt migraine just thinking about this mess and he nodded slowly “Okay, get it. I’ll help you, follow my instruction and you’ll survive until Spencer returns.”

Hyukjae blinked feeling the relief invading his body and then it started to ache, first the hits he received the night before from his father and today from the two boys whom hated him for some unknown reason.

“And what do you mean by locked out again, huh?” Heechul asked now without threatening the boy, Hyukjae bit his bottom lip and saw Heechul as the later sighed.

“I’m Kim Heechul as you know, Spencer’s only real and best friend, so don’t worry.”

Hechuul smiled a little, trying to gain the trust of the boy, it was easy since he looked like Spencer, so Heechul did not faked it.

“I’ll not say anything or ask more. If you are his brother, count on me and…” Heechul trailed off thinking; “what is your name?”

Hyukjae bit his lip hard shaking his head and Heechul rolled his eyes “You have a name, right?”

“Father told me to not say it.”

Heechul scoffed, he knew the Mr. Lee was an sometimes; now, he was devil in Heechul eyes “If we want to be friends, I need to know your name.”

“H-Hyukjae….” the young man muttered and Heechul tried it in his mouth, so unfamiliar with a familiar face, he smiled.

Hyukjae quickly added; “Don’t call me by my name never, or father will feel disappointment in me for disobeying him.”

Heechul gazed the man, indeed, he was very different. The feline man did not want to know why this boy was locked in some place until today, so he nodded not wanting to cause any problems to this gullible person before him.

“Hyuk-, emn, Spencer?”

Heechul fiddled, it felt weird call another person his friend’s name and when he had Hyukjae attention he added “don’t trust in anyone, don’t talk so much and don’t let other people despise you, get it?”

“I trust you” Hyukjae confessed, people were nice or so he thought before those two attacked him, the ethic books said to be nice, polite, respectful and more things.

Heechul frowned.

“I’m a nice person even if I don’t look like it and I’m not going to betray you” Heechul thought adding “everybody else is different in this school, keep in mind that if you show slight weakness, it would be worse than being locked in a room.”

Hyukjae nodded slowly, fear overwhelmed him and then he saw Heechul worried gaze, suddenly Hyukjae felt a smile growing and he felt some warm in his entrails as Heechul asked “What?”

Hyukjae never stopped smiling as he asked “So we’re friends, right?”

He had such level of hope that Heechul blinked lost, never Spencer smiled, he always smirked. Heechul returned the gesture by tousling Hyukjae’s hair. This person was like a kid, not knowing anything from the world and Heechul felt the need to protect him, because he always wanted someone to protect him when he was a child and his step-mother mistreat him, so he nodded.

“Yes, we’re friends.” Heechul stood and added “Now undress, I need to treat your wounds, those bastards really hit you.”

“Huh?” Hyukjae blinked.

∞~~~~~*~~~~~∞

Myungsoo looked at his hand, I hit him, was his only thought, not minding what Hoya was telling him. Myungsoo in all his life never raised his fist against Spencer, he hated him, maybe loathed him for being such an prick but never hit him. Myungsoo did not want to know what will happen to his father, he needed the support of the Lee’s for his political campaign and he sighed.

“L?” Hoya asked after talking and not receiving any answer, the called turned to him; both were in the bus, heading towards Hoya’s house, or same said, the orphan Spring of House.

“Yeah?” Myungsoo raised his brow.

Hoya fidgeted with his fingers “I-I guess I did wrong,” he confessed and then quickly added “I mean, Spencer is an , he deserves to die for what he did to my brother but he looked so confused, maybe he really did lost his memory.” Hoya sighed, yes, he wanted justice, an apology would not compensate what he did, Spencer took away two young lives and it was unfair how he did not even apologize, he and his father thought money solved everything and it was wrong.

Myungsoo scoffed “He was lying, I know. People lie when they don’t want to clean their own mess.” He finished, biting his lip and ruffling his hair. No, he knew Spencer since childhood and even when he was an amazing liar and actor when the media was in the play, never had he show those muddled and sad eyes; the confusion was real and that was why Myungsoo felt slight remorse, he will not tell Hoya that. Spencer with memory or not, must pay and he will make him suffer as long as he is alive.

“Don’t worry Hoya; he does not deserve your pity.”

Myungsoo and Hoya hopped off the bus and walked to the Spring House, he could feel his friend sadness and yet he smiled softly, Hoya was learning to accept the fact that his family were the orphan childs and that he’ll live for them instead of his brother.

The kids were out, smiles on faces and jumping on the two boys “Let’s play!”

Hoya nodded and raised one of the kids as he twirled him, and Myungsoo chuckled kneeling to a girl giving him an almost dying flower she just surely cut.

“Let’s play then, hide and seek?”

The kids nodded and touched Myungsoo “You’re the ogre!!” the girl giggled and ran fast, everyone scattering.

∞~~~~~*~~~~~∞

Heechul said good night after leaving Hyukjae in his house, at first he was livid. Hyukjae had so many bruises and he winced, some were small cuts scars that already healed, so it was from his father. The worst was that Hyukjae said it was fine, that he was okay and then Heechul felt frustrated.

“He must have lived hell.”

Heechul muttered to himself and then he saw Myungsoo walking to his mansion, the next far from the Lee’s house and he snarled.

“Why did you do that? Spencer was badly hurt” Heechul stated and Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, still walking, making Heechul felt rage.

Hyukjae was innocent! Heechul did not know him; even so he already pitied the man as he glared at Myungsoo.

“I know Spencer must paid for what he did, but don’t, don’t hurt him”, adding, “right now, he is really a good person Myungsoo, you’ll regret it later.”

Myungsoo scoffed and smirked, staring at Heechul.

“Hyung, even if he begs on his knees, nobody will forgive him. He is less than human, he is a murder.”

Myungsoo spitted the words and Heechul turned to the noise behind him. There, in the door was Hyukjae, mouth agape and eyes clouded by shock “I-I killed someone?”

Heechul glared at Myungsoo and turned to Hyukjae who was trembling, no, his brother wasn’t a killer. Hyukjae could not believe that, not matter what, Spencer could not be a murderer, right?

“Why are you here?” Heechul asked softly at Hyukjae and Myungsoo lost his smirk when he saw the shabby state the man he hated was.

“Y-your phone, I-I…” Hyukjae stuttered, showing the S-Note to Heechul and he reached it, pocking it.

Heechul internally yelled crap! As he glared at the now baffled Myungsoo standing there watching Hyukjae.

“Y-you really forgot?”

Myungsoo finally asked baffled, not hatred, just untainted confusion as he saw guilt in those brown eyes and those were tears? Myungsoo felt something stir inside him and he knew he regretted every punch while looking at those brown glowing eyes in sadness; instead he scoffed and convinced himself that the guilt was because Spencer did remember and was faking his memory loss.

“, for I moment I almost believed you.”

Myungsoo walked fast to his house, passing Heechul and Hyukjae, the feline man words in the distance saying with care to Hyukjae, “Let me exp

Please log in to read the full chapter