Chapter One

Quid Pro Quo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Please, forgive this crappy author that doesn't update when she says and leaves AFF for so many time and the returns always so sudden and mostly, enjoy the chapter! 

I'm back!!!!!

 

The dawn raise while the cry of a baby was heard through the mansion, the man holding the babies frowned to them, he turned to see her wife, she had a smile, even when her face was sweating and her breathe was fading.

“Their beautiful” she was a proud mother of having these twins as left the world with a smile, her hand dropping while he wanted to reach for her children. The husband cursed the youngest baby, why? because it was the baby’s fault his wife died.

“I never believe in superstitions, that’s why I ignored the shaman when he told us having twins in this family would bring misfortune, to think my wife…”

The mother of the dead wife shook his head “don’t be like that, it was a coincidence, my daughter had such a bright smile” and the elder woman held his cry.

“I’ll just keep the eldest son, the other you can give him in adoption or kill him, drop him!” He exclaimed with hatred eyes “I don’t want to see him ever.”

It was ten years after; the first born was named Lee Spencer and the youngest Hyukjae. Both with the same face and different personality, maybe because Spencer was pampered since born he thought always everything will belong to him, while Hyukjae was secluded.

Both having the same education, Lee Spencer in a private school and Hyukjae in private lessons, cloistered in the attic since his father didn’t want to see him, just his grandmother sometimes visited him. The maid of the house was the most familiar to him, always delivering the three meals of a day to him and sometimes saying “be good, someday you’ll find happiness”, maybe was pity but the maid looked at the child with tender and sad eyes, she didn’t believe how a father could mistreat his own son and she sighed, it wasn’t her business and a little hope will not hurt the boy, right?

“Father, I want to have a party, can I invite some friends?” Ten years old Spencer asked and the father nodded with a smile, he loves his first son, according to the tradition and believes of the house, the first born will bring prosperity to the family, not like the other whose name doesn’t even want to remember.

“Of course!”

Before the party, Mr. Lee patted his child’s back and smiled fondly; “I’ll introduce someone from the Kim’s family, be nice to him, it’s younger than you but if you befriend him, our family will gain in the future.”

Spencer frowned “He has more money than us?”

Mr. Lee thought and shook his head “He has political influence, it benefits the family, it’s a shame he isn’t a girl, otherwise, I’ll marry you to him, being friends is enough though.”

Little Spencer blinked a little lost and then furrowed his brows, how can he show kindness to a kid younger than him? it must be otherwise. So when the party arrived, Spencer smiled when the youngest Kim was introduced.

“Nice to meet you hyung.” Kim Myungsoo smiled and extended his hand as he was taught yesterday, his father already left, just the maids were there and Spencer rolled his eyes not really minding that he must be on the good side of the smaller kid, puff! He was richer so he can do anything, his father have told him so since he was really small, it was one of his first lessons in life, the ones with money can do everything they want. Mr. Lee didn’t taught him values, he thought maid and teachers would do that, how wrong he was.

“Same here” Spencer said “so, are you going to stay there all day?”

Myungsoo blinked and tilted his head, taking back his hand. It was the first time someone reject his greetings, maybe he did something wrong, he’ll ask later to his mother or father.

“And stop calling me hyung, we’re not close.”

Myungsoo was confused, his father, Mr. Kim told him the Lee’s were good people and since Myungsoo needed friends, it was a good chance, also, he was going to finally start school in the same school as the Lee’ son.

“I’m six, since you’re older, that’s why I thought…”

 Spencer sighed exasperated, even if it’s just four years of gape, he already thought of Myungsoo as someone annoying and dumb.

“Listen, I’m the only son of this house, and dad always gives me everything, that’s why I’m obeying him and talking to you, since you were invited against my will so stop bothering me, just enter the living room and shut your mouth while I play with my real friends.”

Kid Myungsoo twisted his lips and frowned. It wasn’t as if he wanted to be attended with pageantry, he just wanted a friend to help him in the school he was going to attend. He sighed, he was a kid, and maybe the other was right.

“Sorry, emh, can you tell me where the restroom is please?” Myungsoo asked and sighed when the only answer was “search for it”.

Myungsoo nodded, maybe older kids were like that, well, his brother and sister weren’t as Lee Spencer, maybe because those were his family and the Lee’ son was not “am I really bothersome?” asked Myungsoo to himself and blinked lost.

“Where am I?”

Myungsoo watched the large aisle of the mansion and then the stairs, he went upwards while searching for the restroom just because being with the other kids, especially Spencer was suffocating and he wanted to cry, he was lost.

He was ready to turn and flinched when he heard a noise, it came from upstairs and being the kid he was, first he searched for someone, and when nobody appeared he climbed the stairs until reaching a door, again was the noise, sliding off the small chain of the door, he pushed the door upward and then he heard the bump of it falling over the floor. It was a small attic and he blinked.

“Hello?”

Myungsoo asked unsure, the room was dark, just the light of the window and a broken lamp at the ceiling.

“Emnh… hello?”

Myungsoo asked again and sighed, he was going to be scolded by his father later for wandering in a house that wasn’t his for sure.

“Who are you?” a small soft voice broke the silence when Myungsoo was ready to close the place again and he blinked. It sounded as Spencer and at the same different.

“Spencer-ssi?”

The voice kept silent and then asked again “Who are you?”

The kid of the Kim house was confused as he said “Myungsoo.”

It was weird, why Spencer was cloistered there when he just saw him downstairs and with bad attitude. Myungsoo widened his eyes, maybe he was being punished for behaving so ill mannered?

“Father allowed you to come here?” Asked the unknown kid and Myungsoo shook his head, Spencer was so weird and then Myungsoo smiled thinking the eldest was like that because a phobia, like Myungsoo himself that is afraid of darkness.

“You’re afraid of darkness? Mom told me is not something you must fear, loneliness is harder, though I don’t understand that yet, mom told me one day I’ll know what it means.”

The kid smiled sadly, even when he was ten years old, he knew what loneliness was.

“I know, Myungsoo-ssi. So why are you here? you must go before father finds you here.” It was a shape of fear in the words and Myungsoo was confused, why this Spencer was so different than before.

“Mn, I like here better, you’re not aggressive with me here. I’m sorry if I embarrass you before for being younger than your friends.”

“Your speech is very formal for being such a young kid.” The kid said and Myungsoo frowned, sticking his tongue out.

“Of course it is, I’m from the Kim family, if I say something wrong dad will scold me and mother told me I’m going to bring shame to the family’s name, that’s why and you also talk weird, like an adult while being a kid!”

Myungsoo felt offended and the other kid blinked and smiled.

“Sorry, I’ll drop the formal speech then. Even so, you must go.”

Myungsoo sighed, “are you gonna be bad with me again if I go out of here?”

The kid didn’t understand what Myungsoo was saying, “I don’t know, why I did before to you? I just met you minutes ago.”

Myungsoo frowned, it was more than just minutes but whatever and he grunted “Fine! Then let’s play a game, rock-paper-scissors, if I win you’ll be my hyung in school, I’m afraid of other kids bullying me like in kinder garden.”

“I don’t know how to play that.” The kid muttered worriedly.

“Liar!” Myungsoo shouted out and blinked, expecting some yell from the elder kid and then it came nothing.

“I’m not, as you see, I can read books and talk formally but I don’t know any play or games, I’m sorry.”

It was then when Myungsoo finally saw the attic and his eyes rounded more than before, shining “you really read all those books?” there were books piled over a table and even on the floor, the kid nodded. Yes, he did read all those with the hope of his father praising him, acknowledged him or at least, let him see the outside.

“Yes, but in the books, doesn’t explain how to play what you said.”

Myungsoo smiled and sat cross legged in front of the elder kid “rock is your fist clenched, ehm, paper is your hand extended and eh, well, scissors is your two fingers forming a ‘v’”

“Like this?” the kid asked and Myungsoo nodded, he liked this Spencer, kind and like an older brother.

“So, we say, the name of the game and at the same time we must show what we choose; arraseo?”

The kids played, and Myungsoo pouted “It’s unfair! Why do you always win!?”

The kid smiled and then he heard noises, he flinched when the door was again opened and his father was there, glaring at him.

“I-I’m sorry father, it was…”

Myungsoo recoiled when he saw Mr. Lee slapping his son and bowed grabbing the man from the pants “it was my fault sir!, please don’t hit Spencer-ssi.”

Mr. Lee raised his brow “Spencer?” and smirked watching the hurt in the… awful kid that was called Hyukjae, so the Kim’ son did not know “I see…” he nodded and glared at his youngest son, before extending his hand to Myungsoo.

“Let’s go Myungsoo, your dad is worried for you, he even came to pick you personally”, good chance for me though.

Myungsoo took the hand and turned when he saw the door being closed with not only the sliding chain but a padlock too.

“Spencer-ssi is going to be okay?”

Myungsoo asked and then he heard a chuckle “Of course I am” Spencer rolled his eyes and Myungsoo blinked confused looking gaped at the elder kid, he can swear he was left in the attic, now it was beside him though and Spencer laughed “you’re so dumb.”

When the Kim’s left, Spencer turned to his father, “why he was worried about me, dad?”

Mr. Lee shook his head “Don’t know” and added “Spencer, don’t treat him bad, I really need you to be friend him so I can get his father support.”

“I don’t understand why dad” Spencer answered and Mr. Lee sighed rubbing his temple “Let’s say, we’ll become richer, is that simple, right?”

Spencer nodded, “Okay, I’ll try then.”

“How was your day, Myungsoo?” asked his father to the kid and he smiled.

“Good! At first I thought he hated me but he is very kind, and has pretty eyes dad, just like mom!”

The man chuckled and ruffled his son’s hair. He just wanted his son to be happy “I’m glad then, if you’re happy, I think then we can make stronger bonds with the Lee’s.”

“Did you say something dad?”

“Ani, don’t mind me, let’s go home.”

“Mn!” the kid showed a smile and jumped to his house, that side of Spencer, he liked it.

∞~~~~~*~~~~~∞

“Are you an idiot?” Asked the voice of the annoyed young man and Myungsoo clenched his jaw with a cold stare. Lee Spencer was the person he hated the most at his eighteen years old.

“Not as you.” Myungsoo smirked when there was no witty remark against him.

Lee Spencer laughed sarcastically, “Ok, then tell me why you help that annoying brat and left me as if I was the fool in wrong?”

He was mad, hours before Myungsoo help a boy that was being bullied by Spencer and everyone in school just stood silent, watching how the supposed two friends were in disagreement. It was weird, since Myungsoo was in his last year of High School while Spencer was in his last year of college; the school was unique and taught all grades since primary to college.

“It was an accident; he didn’t want to push you, he slip from the stairs. You making him a target it’s unfair.”

Spencer nodded with a smirk “Do you know why I took you in my circle of friends, L?”

The others snorted at Myungsoo who rolled his eyes “Because you want my dad’s influence? What else? I need your money, so is a give and take, so?”

Spencer was furious and he stood from the table he has been sitting.

“Enough!, you aren’t worth, the moment you stop of being of use, I’ll be so happy to crush you, L.”

“I don’t think that day will come though.” Myung

Please log in to read the full chapter