Two

Stay The Night

I turned to my friend, her smile bigger than I've ever seen, yet her eyes looked worried, and her hands could barely hold the sign. Sure, it wasn't her ultimate bias, but it was Super Junior M.

"How did you do this?" I whispered. She simply shook her head, clearly not able to speak.

I turned back around to be sure they were really there. And they were. And now closer. I could see Siwon's faint scruff, and each of Donghae's pearly white teeth. But mostly I could see Zhou Mi. He was taller than the rest, even if by just a few inches. His legs seemed to go on for miles. And the way his eyes creased when he smiled made me lose a little bit more of my soul.

"Hey!" Henry cheered, hurrying ahead of the group towards us. The rest picked up pace to catch up. "Are you Kay?" he asked my roomate, who dropped her sign.

"Um no, she is, I'm her roomate, I contacted you," she laughed awkwardly and brushed back her hair before regaining herself. "Nice to finally meet you Henry."

"You too!" he said in a friendly tone. "Hey smile," he said to me, pinching my cheeks. Those cheeks, which were previously a pale pink, instantly turned beet red. This made Henry laugh, which in turn made me smile. He was just as adorable as I thought he'd be.

"I'm going to have to translate a lot because they aren't as fluent in English as me, but they'll try," he explained as the other guys lined up behind him, chatting to each other in Korean. All I could do was nod and try not to stare at the man I obsessed over for years. That alone took nearly all of my strength.

Henry moved back into line and the whole group bowed and introduced themselves as Super Junior M. Then without warning, Donghae jumped out of line and came towards me with open arms.

"Kay don't be sad!" he cried out in broken English, causing my friend to crack up. I was too stunned to realize that Donghae had attacked me with a hug. Then my mind replayed what he said, and made me crack up as well, relaxing at last. They're just humans like me.

"Ya, Donghae," Henry said, adding something in Korean before looking at my roommate. "We have a van ready outside to take us to the hotel we'll be at, how about you follow us there?"

She responded with a nod, and he proceeded to pry Donghae away from me. The group then walked past us, all of them waving at me and saying hi, or bye. Zhou Mi sent me a friendly smile and quietly said "nice to meet you". My heart melted.

Once they were quite a bit ahead of us I turned to hit my friend on the arm.

"Hey!" she cried out in surprise, rubbing her now red arm and glaring at me.

"Idiot," I murmured, smiling at her.

We both laughed as we headed out to her car and began making our way to their hotel, trailing behind their black van.

"This is for you okay? I may love Super Junior as much as you, but you need this. So I'm dropping you off with them and then going shopping for stuff tomorrow, which will be our day out all together. Behave yourself, okay?" she explained as we grew closer to the hotel.

"Wait, what?" my heart skipped a beat. "You're leaving me alone with them?!"

She winked at me and chuckled, turning in to the hotel parking lot.

"Have fun!" she called out as I got out of the car and she drove off, leaving me behind with the guys as they unloaded the van.

"Uh here let me help!" I tried speaking up, going forward to grab someone's bag. It took a second for me to notice the cute Super Mario design on it and the Yoshi egg dangling from it.

"Thank you," Zhou Mi said politely. I turned to see him beside me, giving me a kind half-bow before grabbing his main suitcase.

"Uh, no problem," I muttered, looking away shyly.

"So Kay," Henry spoke up, stepping beside me as we walked into the hotel. "Your friend didn't mention who you're so depressed over. Sooo," he drifted off, signalling a response from me. I didn't know what to say since the answer was right behind me.

"Well I'll tell you this, he's here with us right now," I replied awkwardly, adjusting Zhou Mi's bag on my shoulder. Henry glanced at it and grinned.

"Okay, I understand," he let a hearty laugh. "That's a nice choice"

"Choice? Choose me!" Donghae spoke up in more broken English.

"No me!" Eunhyuk piped in, his English skill on par with Donghae. I could hear Kyuhyun mutter what sounded like "idiots" in Korean.

Henry quieted them down and we all squeezed into a small elevetor to the third floor. Zhou Mi stood beside me, so close that our arms kept brushing against each other. He looked down at me and gave me a genuine smile. 

"More room?" he asked, uncertain with his words. He lifted up his arm and let me scoot over a bit, only to set it down on my head. "Okay?"

I blushed furiously and whispered a small "it's fine" and barely managed to utter a "thank you".

The elevator ride was extremely awkward, but for some reason it made me happy. I was finally with my idols.

Once we finally arrived to the third floor, I darted out the door and followed Henry down the hallway. They had 3 seperate rooms, and once they had set things down, we all grouped up in Henry and Zhou Mi's room.

Henry plopped onto his bed, clearly exhausted from the long plane ride. I started to panic, afraid that my only translator would fall asleep and I'd be left alone with a bunch of attractive men, and one super attractive man. Thankfully he sat up when he noticed me standing.

"Hey, you can sit," he told me, motioning around the room. Three members were on the small couch, one in a chair at a desk and two on the floor. Zhou Mi sat on his bed and moved over to give me room, giving me yet another one of his smiles. It took all of my strength to remain composed.

"So Kay, tell us about yourself," Henry asked me before plopping back down. With that, I thought that my soul had left me and took all of my speaking skills with it.

"Well uh," I paused for a long time. "I guess I'm just a girl who loves music, video games and food," I chuckled awkwardly. Henry translated, but I heard Kyuhyun's name in what he said. Probably told him specifically that I liked games like him.

Henry started asking me something in Korean then quietly swore before asking in English.

"The obvious question: who's your favorite?" he asked me curiously, sitting up and smirking at me. I glared back at him.

"Why do you ask?" I replied in a sassy tone.

"Because you were upset that you'd never meet him and now you can so he should be able to cheer you up, right?" he tilted his head at me with a cocky grin. I hated the fact that he was right. So I took a deep breath and looked down at my crossed hands in my lap.

"Zhou Mi," I said, just loud enough for everyone to hear. A few members cheered for him, while others were surprised, and Donghae and Eunhyuk cried out in desperation. Henry simply chuckled since he knew all along.

I lifted my head to look at my number one idol. To my surprise he had a wide grin spread across his face. He looked towards Henry and raised his eyebrows before speaking in Chinese. I picked up the phase "I love you" but shrugged it off because he couldn't mean it.

Henry then turned to me to translate.

"He says he's grateful for you to like him so much and he is happy to be your favorite. Most people don't choose him, either they don't know him much or don't think he looks as good as the others, but you do. He thinks you're very pretty and a nice girl and ecstatic to meet someone who loves him. And he also said, that he says this to lots of fans: I love you," Henry explained, sounding a bit awkward at the last part.

My heart stopped. He did say it. But he also said he says it to lots of fans.

Zhou Mi cleared his throat to draw my attention.

"I am very happy to meet you, Kay," he said in a heavy accent, bowing slightly and smiling kindly. "Please, let me sing for you?" 

I instantly grew butterflies in my stomach and a smile on my face. With a small nod, I allowed him to stand up in front of me.

Before I knew what was going on, everyone except Zhou Mi and Henry filed out of the room, and some soft background music played. It was Without You from his solo album.

His voice was more beautiful in person than I could imagine. He was perfect. I couldn't help but to break into tears at how passionately he sang. I couldn't believe it was possible.

When he noticed me crying, he rushed beside me, wrapping an arm around me to comfort me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, still not strong with his English. I nodded, not able to talk through my tears.

"I'm... happy," I managed to say. Zhou Mi asked Henry something in Chinese, probably clarifying what I said.

"It's okay," he said in a comforting tone, giving me a tight hug. I felt like I was finally in heaven. "I'll sing for you."

While holding me he continued singing Without You, and then went on to sing Lovesick, his angelic voice slowly lulling me to sleep. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep in his arms.

 

While I slept, I had a dream about Zhou Mi, but not the kind to be proud of. The kind of dream one would never dare to tell to their children. The kind of dream that sometimes had the tendency to make me utter ungodly sounds in my sleep. The kind of dream I did not want to have around Zhou Mi.

When I awoke from my hot dream, I was suprised to be laying in a hotel bed. I was also surprised to feel a warm body beside me.

I immediately jolted upright and looked around. A digital clock across the room read 12 pm. I saw a second bed with a smaller body. However, the person in my bed was tall; I could see the outline of their body going down to the footboard. The hair was disheveled but I could tell it was a guy.

I cautiously leaned down, moving my face closer to see his. I slowly moved away a few strands of hair to see his face. I followed the sharp jawline to his chin, his full lips, and his smooth, sloped nose. Then to his eyes.

I nearly fell backwards off the bed. It was Zhou Mi, and I had woken him up. I heard him gasp in shock right before he grabbed my arm and pull me forward to prevent me from falling off of the bed. He ended up pulling me into a warm embrace. That's when I noticed he was shirtless.

"Are you okay?" he asked, gently patting me to check for injuries, his eyes filled with concern. Meanwhile, I was frozen, and I couldn't take my eyes away from his bare chest.

"Oh," he said, grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around you. "Better?" he smiled again.

"Oh um no no it's fine, fine" I stuttered awkwardly, looking away and scratching my neck. "You look really nice."

"I do?" he beamed. "Thank you."

I nodded and kept my eyes away.

"Beautiful," he added shyly. I looked over at him, surprised. He had a genuine smile on his face. My heart raced as I noticed the blanket revealing his smooth shoulders.

"Come with me," he said quietly, standing up and grabbing a tanktop. I hurried up and followed him out of the room. He silently led me up three flights of stairs to a small door underneath an exit sign. When he swung it open, I was surprised to see that it was the roof, and it had a perfect view of the night sky.

"Wow," I whispered to myself. "It's beautiful out here."

There were so many stars lighting up the sky, even with the city lights glowing along the horizon. 

"Do you like?" he asked, glancing at me. I couldn't stop smiling.

"I love it," I said. I was surprised to feel his hand wrap around mine.

"Kay," he started, hesitating as he looked at me then back out at the sky. "Please be happy."

"I am happy now," I said, smiling up at him. The moonlight shined against his face, outling his features. "I got to meet you finally."

"Yes," he responded happily. His eyes twinkled like the stars in the sky. "But I am a singer and you are a fan."

I remained silent with that remark. Why would he bring that up at such a beautiful moment?

I could tell he knew that I really loved him, and now he was going to push me aside. Heartbroken by reality again.

"Kay?" he turned towards me but I couldn't respond. I was trembling as I held in my sobs, tears silently rolling down my cheeks. I was just another fan.

Silent tears eventually did evolve into violent sobs and when I could no longer hold it in, I collapsed to the floor, leaning against the wall and hiding my face from Zhou Mi. I could feel him move to sit beside me and he soon had his arm around me, pulling me in to cry on his chest.

"Don't cry Kay," he said in a gentle voice. He soothed my tears with a soft kiss on my forehead. 

Shocked, I looked up, into his eyes. They still sparkled like the stars.

"I love you," he said, then repeated it in Chinese. My heart fluttered and the tears flowed again.

"I love you too Mimi."