One

Stay The Night

Another lonely Saturday. I sat in my room, the lights off, curtains drawn close, with my plain blanket hung over my head as I sobbed quietly. My idol's cd was playing in the background.

Ever since I discovered the world of Korean and Chinese music, I had fallen in love with the tall Chinese man of Super Junior: Zhou Mi. His handsome looks, his god-like singing skills, his towering figure and attractive muscles, his dorky personality, everything made me love him more.

But as many others with the same feelings, I was simply another fan in the crowd. One nearly a day away by plane, seperated by the uncrossable ocean. Even if I lived in Korea, I'd have to compete with millions of others for his love.

Thus the depressing life of a fangirl.

However, what I didn't know was that it was just temporary. 

 

"Hey, are you ever going to come out?" my best friend and roommate asked. Her voice was laced with concern. I heard the door slowly creak open with a faint sigh soon after. "Come on, I know you're upset but it's the same for us all. How do you think I feel about Hongbin?"

I removed the blanket and turned to face her, despite the fact that my face more than likely was stained with tears and was nowhere near being attractive. She had seen me plenty of times like this, so it didn't make much of a difference.

"You don't understand, I really think I love him, I know it sounds crazy, but I do. It just hurts so much," I babbled stupidly, tears tumbling out of my eyes. "It's so stupid I know."

She hurried to my side, wrapping an arm around me and frowning as I sobbed.

"I do understand, every fan gets these feelings for their biases" she comforted me.

"I'm just so pathetic, getting all worked up over a celebrity" I laid my head on her shoulder, waiting for the tears to stop.

"Kay..." she started before shaking her head and abruptly standing up, leaving me to fall over sideways onto my stack of stuffed animals she had sat on top of. "Don't worry, you'll get over it."

She walked out of the room, closing the door quickly behind her, leaving me stunned. That statement hit me like a shot in the face. It was as if my depression was nothing.

But she was probably right; getting over it would make things better anyways.

So I put aside any thoughts of ever being with Zhou Mi and simply forgot about the whole idea.

 

A week passed with nothing new; school, work, and my roommate's boy problems went on like usual with each day. Then out of the blue, I got a message on Twitter from Super Junior M's Henry. My heart raced as I opened the message.

'Hello Kay!' the message read. 'I hope you stay possitive and happy with life! Your friend told me you were feeling down, so cheer up! Have a great day :-)'

My heart stopped. I screamed my roommate's name at the top of my lungs before jumping up and rushing to her room. I nearly kicked down her door as I stormed in. She was relaxing in her Minion pajamas with her laptop on her crossed legs and a bag of Andes beside her. Typical.

I hurriedly grabbed the Andes from her and popped one in my mouth to cool my anger before blowing up on her.

"What is wrong with you?!" she exclaimed, closing her laptop.

"What's wrong with you?!?!" I retorted, throwing the bag back at her and watching a few of the chocolates bounce onto the bed.

"What?!" she furrowed her eyebrows, displaying a look of half confusion and half anger. She then relaxed her face. "Oh."

I pulled out my phone with my message from Henry and shoved it in her face.

"Look!" 

Her eyes widened as she read on, her lips silently reading along. At the end she let out a chuckle.

"I didn't think something would actually happen" she said under her breath before looking at me with a wide grin. "That's totally Henry."

"You're not listening!! He messaged me because you told him I was depressed, why on Earth would you even think of doing that?!"

All she did was smirk and stand up. She gave me a light pat on the shoulder before walking out to the kitchen.

"Hey!!" I rushed to catch up, nearly slipping from my fuzzy socks. "Explain yourself woman!" 

She opened the fridge and pulled out her carton of vanilla Silk milk; she had even taken the effort to scribble her name on it in big bold letters so I wouldn't drink it. She then turned to me and smiled her usual smile.

"Hey, just be happy, a celebrity noticed you!" she lightly hit me with the milk before pouring a glass of it. "I did this to cheer you up."

I beamed and put my phone down before giving her a big hug, although I nearly made her spill her Silk.

"Watch it!" she said, trying to break free. "Sheesh, I wouldn't have done it if I knew you'd freak like that."

"Thank you so much, you're the best," I said cheerfully, feeling a thousand times better than I had all month.

"Don't worry, if you love me now, you'll love me even more soon" she said, sending me a smirk before taking a sip of her milk.

 

Day after day, not a thing happened, and all I was left to do was wonder what my roommate had up her sleeve. Yet I had begun to think she was just messing with me. What more could she do anyway? She had already gotten Henry to message me.

However I was wrong. I noticed her acting awfully strange and excited one morning. 

Another thing I noticed: she was on her phone a lot more, and didn't go in for work. She worked every weekday, but for some reason she had that day off.

When she saw me trudge into the kitchen for breakfast, she looked up at me, her eyes alert. The answer was either her strange excitement, or the obvious frappe in her hand. She had clearly made a secret trip to McDonalds without me, and didn't pick up a sandwich for me.

"Yo," she said in a relaxed tone. "Would you be cool with me taking you to work and picking you up afterwards? I kind of want to go somewhere afterwards, you know, a girl's day out, my treat!"

"Sure," I replied, munching on the end piece of our loaf of bread. "No work today?"

"Nope," she responded in a tone a little too cheery for 7 in the morning. "Today's going to be a fun day and I want all the time I can get!" 

I simply nodded, grabbing some orange juice from the fridge.

"And also, I think we need a vaction, so I asked your boss to let you have the rest of the week off," she chimed.

Something was really off about her, but I was too tired to think. And not having a frappe like my oh so kind friend didn't help.

Nevertheless, within an hour I was sent off to work a boring 7 hour shift, and by the time my roommate picked me up I was starving and in dire need of a coffee and a donut. My stomach rumbled all throughout our trip. It began to calm as I noticed we were taking the same route to get to the donut shop. She read my mind!

However, my hopes were dropped as we turned off and went towards the interstate. The donut shop was within sight, but it moved out of view as we drove away. The urge to burst into tears was overwhelming, yet she kept driving away. What a monster.

To my utter surprise, we arrived at a very strange place to be for our "girl's day out": the airport. We didn't have any luggage with us so we couldn't be flying anywhere. Did she want to try to pick up new guys or something ridiculous like that? I disowned that idea as I knew she already had enough with boys, and certainly knew better places to find good ones. Her plan was stuck a mystery with me.

"Come on," she ushered, grabbing my hand and pulling me along at a fast pace. That was when I noticed a folded up poster in her hand.

"Hey what's that?" I asked, trying to point at her other hand while struggling not to trip over my own two feet.

"You'll see," she smirked before stopping in the area where passengers first arrive. She unfolded her poster to reveal something in Chinese I couldn't read, followed by her last name.

"Are you trying to pick up foreign Chinese guys now?" I asked, puzzled. She shook her head and held up the poster.

"Oh shut up and just wait, okay?" she said, sounding slightly annoyed. However I could tell she was nervous standing out in front of eveyone with that sign.

Then, my heart stopped. My hands trembled. My knees felt weak. I couldn't breathe.

They were there, smiling and chatting, all looking extremely handsome.

Siwon at the front between Kyuhyun and Donghae with Eunhyuk and Sungmin directly behind them. To the side was Ryeowook. And on the opposite side was Henry. As they grew closer I could see the man in the middle of the group.

Zhou Mi.