Chapter 1- Korea

The stormwielder-HIATUS

Something suddenly shifted in the air. A new electricity sparked in the atmosphere and a very light wind took over the waiting room making the children snuggle with their parents and love couples with each other. But she didn't have anybody to cuddle with. She was tall and pale, her face had mostly Asian features but her eyes were grey. She was dragging one suitcase and walked ahead with a backpack, not noticeable because of her dark jeans and sneakers or the blue blouse or the black leather jacket she wore over it. No, what made people notice her mostly was her aura, the aura of don't with me. She slowly dragged her suitcase talking into her cellphone making people move out of her way as she passed them.

„ I am here.“ She clenched the cellphone obviously unsatisfied with that sentence. Catherine Lee looked down at a child who mistakenly keept looking at her. What ever he just saw in her eyes made him back away and run to his mother. She rolled her eyes at that and listened to the response on the other side.

„ Good.“ There was a silence on the other side for a moment and Catherine suddenly stopped, breathing deep and closing her eyes.

„ I don't want to be here. I need to be there with you. I need to find him.“ The voice on the other end sighed and she felt the pain in his voice as he continued.

„ We've talked about this. I am not going to risk your life here.“

„ Risk? We risk everyday with my every existence, dad. My only brother is gone, and I am supposed to be there with you, trying to find him. I am not supposed to be here, hiding in Korea like a coward!“All of sudden paper started to fly across the waiting room, lifting skirts and making a young woman run for her tickets.

„ Catherine.“ She felt her heart stop for a moment when he said her name and her body shuddered in recognition of the intensity in it. Her father lost patience and spoke her full name which he rarely did, and only when he was at the brink of his patience. The anger and despair in his voice become obvious and she was sure he was gripping the phone on his side as strongly as she was gripping the phone on hers.

„ Do you want to make your mother weep because she lost her another child? Do you want us to go to your funeral? It is not safe for you here anymore and you know it. Someone is coming for us, and if they knew what you actually were you would be first on their hit list.“ She frowned, cursing without a sound. He was right, and she knew it. Did it ing make it easier on her, knowing her family was there in danger while she cowered in a corner? No, it ing didn't.

„ And who protects you?“ She bit her lip still being stubborn causing her father to impatiently sigh as he was explaining something to a child.

„ We can take care of ourselves. But you are more important.“ She moved the cellphone from  her ear as she mouthed curses. She heard thunder outside and felt the particles of air shudder around her and the electricity around her made her tongue numb. No. Relax, Catherine.

„. Listen.You only have to stay there for a couple of months until we sort this mess out, and we find your brother alive or....“ He couldn't finish the sentence and Catherine felt the air swirl again in response to her anger and frustration. Or dead. Catherine forced herself to calm down as she walked out.

„ Don't go there dad.“ Her father obliged obviously struggling with same emotions as his only daughter. Catherine sighed and lifted her arm in the air calling a taxi.

„ Fine. I'll stay here and hide like a little child but if I sense anything wrong, and I do mean anything I am on the first flight back dad, do you understand me? And nothing you say is going to stop me.“ Her father sighed in relief at her words obviously concerned that his stubborn but quite temperamental daughter would turn right back and return to USA.

„ Good girl. I prepared a gift for you and it should be outside of the airport. I just wanted to make your stay in Korea easier.“ She raised her eyebrow as she saw her gift. A red Ferrari, series 458 Spider, was parked in front of the airport, and leaning on it was her long lost cousin she last saw when she was 5. He winked at her touching her pretty gift with his greedy fingers. She could hardly believe the snotty brat she last saw and handsome boy in front of her were the same person. Girls were passing by him swooning at his brown hair which he rustled to look like he just woke up, his dark eyes playful as ever and his jawline sharp enough to cut women's hearts. My, my, my Oh Sehun what have you been up to?

 „ I see it. Thank you. Take care father. And...take care of mother as well.“ She looked at her cousin and he made faces at her looking at an imaginary watch on his hand, being very dramatic about time he wasted waiting for her. Her father took a moment to compose himself before he spoke again, obviously in pain because of her departure.

„ I love you, Kitty. We both do.“

„ I know.“ She smirked giving him the usual answer and she could sense her father smile on the other side. She hung up and looked at her cousin.

„ I don't think we can be related taking into consideration how ugly you are.“ He smirked at her, totally unphased and confident.

„ Noona, still as sweet as always.“ He pulled her into a lazy hug and Catherine accepted it, knowing it was rare from him to show affection. For both of them actually. That spoke volumes about their blood relation. The particles of air danced around them, reacting to their contact until she backed away first, glancing her gift up and down.

„ So this is my gift? Nice.“ She pulled her fingers over the  bright red car her lips widening in a smile. She adored fast cars and she adored speed. It made her feel light and not many things made Catherine Lee feel that way.

„ And I brought it here for you.“ He pointed at himself obviously proud of that incredibly burdening task. Catherine rolled her eyes and pointed at the suitcase.

„ Why is that not in the car yet?“ He laughed his off, pulling one of those faces on her she remembered from their childhood.

„ Ha, like that's happening.“ She rolled her eyes and lifted the suitcase herself. This model of Ferrari, which she was secretly thinking of buying for her next birthday so she knew a lot about it, had some extra space right behind the front seats. Her brother must have mentioned father that was what she wanted. No, enough, Catherine. Not going there now. She got over to the driver side and looked Sehun up and down.

„ You want to go for a ride? I need to test my baby.“ He opened the other door and got in throwing the keys at her. She caught them and got in taking of her backpack and throwing it at her bratty cousin. The inside was first rate craftmanship and it smelled new. And exciting. She smiled as she put the key into the ignition and the car purred.

„ yes.“ She grinned widely as she slipped into the traffic, maneuvering around the cars on the road like crazy, feeling the thrill of the wind in her hair while Sehun giggled next to her. She didnt know where she was going and she didn't ing care.

„ Yah, turn left here the road will be emptier there, you crazy psycho!“ She winked at him and listened to his instructions violently turning the wheel to the left. And what do you know, the little bastard didn't lie. As they gained more on speed she felt the air swirl around them both, reacting to Sehun, mostly. He barely noticed it as he was accustomed to it completely. She pressed her lips together, thinking about Los Angeles. That was her city, and that was her air. It would sound stupid to regular people if they knew it but the air was almost alive, reacting to people even if they didn't notice it. The air at her birthplace was salty and temperemental and it always had a taste of thrill and adventure. She grew up on it and she was able to do anything with it. But Korea was different.The particles reacted to her emotions and they were going crazy around her, not accustomed to her presence just like she wasn't accustomed to them.

„ Yah, noona, stop messing up my air you are iritating me.“ Noona. She was 4 months older than the brat and he called her noona. Even when they were children. Idiot. She pushed the air towards him violently testing to see how it would react but he blocked it without lifing a finger just smirking at himself and looking at her disapprovingly.

„ Please, noona, don't embarass yourself.“ She glanced up and saw the clouds starting to sneak up on the  otherwise really clear sky and she felt the moisture in the air started to collect around her.

„ Is that your doing?“ He asked her snarkily looking up at the sky. She shrugged her shoulders and turned right this time, causing an inocent bystander to curse at her and flip her the bird.

„ And here I thought Koreans were polite.“

„ They would be if you didn't try to kill them just now.“ He said cockily playing with the air now making a small ball in his hand and watching it move, entertained.

„ In public, Sehun? I see your IQ is till the same as when you were 5.“

„ They can't see it. They don't see anything that doesn't interest them.“

„ I wonder who that reminds me of.“ She could fell Sehun's glare on her as he very obviously thought of his next words.

„ I see your powers have grown, noona.“  He said silently watching her reaction.  She pushed the pedal further almost flying next to the people on the street while the tires of her car screeched. They did. They always did.

„ But you can't handle Korean air for .“ He laughed pointing at her, obviously very amused. She hissed at him and suddenly turned to the right again, causing him to hit the door strongly.

„ Ouch. Yah, that's not fair.“

„ Just wait for me to get accustomed to the Korean air.Then you will see what I can do.“ The car reacted to her so well, it was like it was connected to her nerves and thoughts more than the movements of her hands on the steering wheel. It was divine and she relaxed a little bit.

„ Unless you want us to go visit Kim Jong Un, I suggest you turn right here. The villa is that way anyway.“ Catherine smirked and suddenly stopped at the red light causing Sehun to almost bump his head.

„ Are you trying to kill me?“

„ Maybe.“ He frowned, pressing his lips into the famous muppet face she remembered from her childhood. She pinched his cheeks and he swatted at her, acting like a giant baby.

„ You can't touch the almighty Sehun, girl.“

„ Almighty Sehun? Jesus, your ego has gotten even bigger.“ He pouted at her like she was speaking nonsense.

„ For a reason of course.“ The yellow light went on and she turned to the right instantly causing Sehunt to curse at her as she was laughing. She brushed the hair of her face as she was looking at the road ahead, but her mind was everywhere else. Things have to be taken care of.

„ The school I have to go to, is it a y place like the ones I see in Korean dramas?“

„ I don't know what you mean by y, but I am there so it can't be that y.“ She sighed pinching his arm causing him to back away with open mouth in one of his famous expressions.

„ Noona, why are you so violent?! I have done nothing to deserve this!“

„ I am preparing for the near future.“ She exclaimed glancing at him. He was acting like a big baby, whining and being annoying and she felt her heart melt a little. She had really grown to like him when they were children and with him, hey, who know maybe this cowering in the corner would be better. But not everywhere.

„ When it comes to school, I would be grateful if you acted like you didn't know me.“ He suddenly turned to her, his eyes open in shock.

„ That was supposed to be my line.“

„ Whatever. Just do it.“

„Why?“ He was sulking and she could hear it in his voice.

„ If they are searching for me, they will think I might have come here. The Oh family are the strongest airwielders in Asia, and possibly in the world. They know who you are and they will be looking closely at whoever you are conversing with. I can't be noticed.“

„ But you are living with us!“ She sighed rolling her eyes at his whining.

„ Only because your father has the tightest security possible and I can't be left alone.“

„ And here I thought you came because you missed me.“

„ Always.“ Suddenly his tone got serious and he glanced away to the other side chewing on his lip as he silently muttered his next words.

„ I am sorry for your brother.“

„ I don't accept condolences until I see the body, Sehun. He is still alive.“ He didn't answer obviously not convinced at her words. But she knew he was. He had to be. The lump in was getting bigger and she was determined to stop it.

„ So the school thing, do you agree?“ He leaned further on the seat, barely getting his long legs in a comfortable position at the front.

„ I don't think that will be enough for you to be unnoticed. I felt your presence when you were still in the plane, because we are blood related and our powers are similar. But other people will notice it too.“

„ Regular humans don't notice it. Only wielders....“ She looked at him while he was nodding.

„ Yes. My best friends are all wielders. Different kinds but they are powerful.“

„ And you manage to  keep your power covered up when you are together? You don't draw any attention to yourselves?“

„ People notice we are special but nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly the just look at us because we are drop dead gorgeous. Me especially.“ She scoffed at his egomaniacal side and patted his shoulder.

„ My cellphone. Look and tell me if I got a message.“

„ I should be paid for this .“ He found it and looked at the screen.

 „ Uuuh, you do have a message. Did you finally get a boyfriend?“ He sat back down and tried to unlock her cellphone. She laughed as he tried to write his own name as the password.

„ Give me it.“ He didn't even look up trying other combinations.

„ You are driving! Just tell me the password and I will read it to you.“

„ Like hell that's happening. Leave it be, I'll read it soon enough.“ Sehun got all worked up  when he failed again.

„ I'll get it sooner or later.“  He looked out again and pointed.

„ In ten minutes you'll get to an intersection, go right and then a left. The villa is 5 minutes from there.“ She nodded turning on the radio when some boy band started to play. She turned around and looked at Sehun with wide eyes, shaking her head.

„ What? I brought you some music.“

„ You can take it back as well, thank you.“

„ So you really don't want to be around me in the school? The boys are going to notice you anyway, especially if you use your powers.“

„ I won't use them, Sehun. I haven't consciously used them in weeks and I don't intend to. I will avoid your little friends and you make sure they don't get near me. Nobody must know who I am. I'll be silent and unnoticeable.“

„ Yeah,  especially in this car.“

„ Well that's something I can't give up. I'll be the weird mixed race girl who wears dark clothes and doesn't converse with anyone. I'll be like a ghost. A ghost in the Ferrari. But just for a couple of months and then I am out of here.“

„ Sounds doable.“  He said, obviously mocking her still trying to unlock her cellphone. But she satisfied with a sigh as she looked at the road ahead.

„ So this is Korea.“

„ No, it's Madagascar.“ She punched him in the shoulder and he kept whining at her until they reached his home. Which sadly enough became her home as well.