This is my life

This is my life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author: AnnoNiji

Title: This is my life

Couple: Doowoon

Length: 5458 words

A/N: once again, the title is from a Beast's song ♥ this japanese one is life kkk

 

 

“What is it that you're so impatient to announce?” Dongwoon's friend asked, annoyed.

“Well, I'm... I have a boyfriend, and I'm in love with him,” Dongwoon announced, trying not to scream of happiness.

 

Because seriously, he was totally burning inside because of the joy of loving and being loved by his perfect boyfriend, Yoon Dujun, with his perfect smile and perfect manners, the guy that everybody liked – or loved? – in school, and he was his. Oh my god ing yes, Yoon Dujun was Son Dongwoon's. And vice versa of course.

 

His friends' reaction wasn't what Dongwoon had expected. No smiles, no shouts of curiosity, just a boring stare and – was he dreaming or was it disgust in their stares?

 

“Oh.”

 

Dongwoon's smile dropped a little bit – still hoping that he wasn't reading that well others' expressions and feelings. It was a pain to be so comprehensive toward body language. Dongwoon hated to be aware of every single thought someone had just by seeing a flinch of an eyebrow. It was hard to live with this ability and truth to be said, he was really feeling uncomfortable when he could read that he was litteraly annoying someone just by his presence, his actions or his words. Was he that boring?

 

But the fact was that yes, Dongwoon could read body language as if it was basic korean, and what he discovered in his friends wasn't pleasing him – at all. It was hurting him.

 

“Just 'oh'?” He eventually tried to joke, because he couldn't live in that awkward mood. “No questions? I'm finally dating, guys!” he added with a smile.

 

He also put his hand up for a high five but no one gave him what he wanted, so he awkwardly played as if he wanted to slap a bug.

 

“Congrats, Dongwoon. Who is it?” but it was said with a morn voice.

 

Dongwoon literaly beamed. Finally he would impress his friends by saying who it was.

 

“Yoon Dujun hyung!” he exclamed proudly.

 

He waited for “are you serious?! That's awesome!!” or “my god you're so lucky!!”, “you are totally made for each other! You look good together!”.

 

But nothing came.

 

And he freaked out when he saw anger rising from each of his friends, directed at no one else than – him.

 

“Are you. ing. Kidding me, Son Dongwoon?” came the first.

“You have the balls to have Yoon Dujun as your boyfriend?”

“What did you do for him to accept it? Did you his that good?”

“Dujun can't be with you. You must have misunderstand.”

“You and your gay and sappy being... Seriously...”

 

Dongwoon's breath stopped and each piece of happiness he was feeling earlier disappeared, as simply as that.

 

“B-But guys...”

“I hope you're kidding, Dongwoon. I don't say it against you, it's for your own good. Do you know how many girls you break the heart by saying this nonsense? It's not even funny. Aish, you could have chose a better joke.”

“Dujun can't be gay. Why do you say it about him? Poor him...”

“You seriously have to go on dates with girl, Dongwoon. You can't continue to dream about being ed by a . Hello, you're a man, you have to love girl.”

“It's maybe funny at the beginning to say that you prefer men but you have to grow up. Quit it, Dongwoon.”

 

Dongwoon hurt more and more as each sentence hit him and his heart was aching so much that he wondered how he still could be living – was he even breathing? Maybe he was hearing something wrong?

 

But who could he kidding. Of course that was what his 'friends' said to him. He could read them so easily. And it really was anger, annoyance and disgust emanating from them.

 

How could he even name them as his 'friends'?

 

But it's true. Dujun is my boyfriend, and he loves me. And I love him so much too, he wanted to say. But his voice stayed strucked in his throat and he couldn't make any sound.

 

“I have to go now. With your I'm late for work, aish!”

“I'll try to have some girls' numbers for you, so you'll stop to spread some nonsense.”

“What would your parents say if they hear what you say, huh? Aish...”

 

They gave him looks full of pity. But Dongwoon still couldn't reply.

 

He watched them going away, letting him alone, shocked and sad – more than sad – almost depressed.

 

So, he... he wasn't good enough for Dujun? Being gay was a shame? He was too childish?

 

They gave him advices about how his life had to be. They said it was for his own good. But... Did they just once ask if he was happy? If he was feeling over-joyed when Dujun said that he loved him? No. No, of course. Because, first of all, they thought that Dujun wasn't gay – hell no, he's perfect and perfect persons aren't gay. And then, because they didn't give a about his happiness. All they want was their reputation not to be thrown away because of Dongwoon's possibly homouality – what? A guy who loves to be ed? How is it even possible? He can't build a family and have a nice wife and nice children and be like any normal lambda family! He won't be happy if he continue to think like that!

 

it. He wouldn't be happy with a man? Of course he would be happy – especially if it was Dujun. When people say that, they only think of their own happiness and reputation. Dongwoon was totally fine with being gay, but it was his friends – the school – the entire society who were rejecting him because of his difference.

 

And he didn't understand. Oh no he didn't understand.

 

And he was so frustrated that he just wanted to scream and to cry.

 

The harsh comments and awful sentences he heard filled his head and didn't let him in peace. And that made him sick. And he didn't know what to do. If everyone rejected him, then, what would he do?

 

He looked at his watch; he had a class in thirty minutes, and nothing to do before – he thought he would be with his... friends... until then. He sighed and went directly to the lecture hall. It was almost empty and he chose a place far from where the lecturer would stand.

 

He felt so empty. But then, a vibration in his pocket told him he had a new message. He unlocked his phone and suddenly, everything became brighter because – Dujun had sended him a message.

 

'Hi love, sorry i'm not wiz u today, tomorrow let's eat lunch together <3'

 

Dongwoon beamed and replied heartily that he was totally in for it and that he loved him. It would be the first time they would eat together on the campus – it wasn't that long since they were together and they did few date in town already, but nothing in front of the other students – it wasn't like they wanted to hide it – heck no Dujun was fond of his Dongwoon and Dongwoon even told his 'friends' for his relationship – it was just that the occasion never came. But tomorrow was the day.

 

Still with a smile on his face, he jumped by surprise when someone sat next to him.

 

“Hey.”

“Hey Junhyung.”

“Didn't want to sit alone, do you mind if I stay here?”

“Not at all.”

 

Junhyung took out his laptop on the desk, and then looked at Dongwoon.

 

“You seemed happy from afar. Something good happened?”

 

Dongwoon chewed on his lips. Junhyung was a guy he had few classes with, and matter of factly they talked together in class and greeted each other when they met on the campus. But they didn't go for coffee together nor in club to have fun. He was an acquaintance he felt relaxed with, and it was a pity he didn't try to hang out more with him; Dongwoon liked his personnality and harsh but right comments about the actuality, and he knew he wasn't as tough as he showed – he was really kind and caring.

 

So why not telling him?

 

“I got a message from my lover, that's why.”

“Ow, settled down are we? Congrats. Do I know her?”

 

'Him', Dongwoon wanted to correct Junhyung. But instead of replying, he said:

 

“What if I tell you that I'm gay?”

 

Dongwoon scrutinized Junhyung but he didn't see any kind of change in his expression – no pout of disgust, no wide open eyes, no judging eyebrows.

 

“Well... that's cool.”

“What? That's all you have to say?” Dongwoon let escape, surprised.

“What do you want me to say? If you were straight, gay, bi, queer, trans, or if you wanted to go to Russia to become a gigolo because you like rich and old russian men, I wouldn't care, because you're my friend, and I'll talk to you no matter what. Is it that surprising?”

 

Dongwoon wanted to laugh but was also totally dumbfounded; he made a face surely funny because Junhyung laughed a little bit and tapped his shoulder slightly.

 

“Well, as you see, I'm not that kind of people who think that homouals are a sin of the society. So don't worry. I'm happy you told me because you have enough trust in me.”

“Oh my god.”

“Huh, Dongwoon. ... are you crying?”

“You took me by surprise ok? Not an hour ago I told my friends I was dating Yoon Dujun and they were so disgusted and thought I was joking.”

“And you call them your friends? Are you kidding me? ing let them alone, those -frustrated.”

 

Dongwoon laughed, and then whispered:

 

“I'm also happy you think of me as a friend.”

“Am I not a friend for you?”

“I wanted to but I was too shy to ask you.”

“You're really cute, Dongwoon. I wonder how people can say harsh things about you just because you're gay. So now, tell me: you're dating Dujun? The Yoon Dujun? Wow, I totally imagine you together. Such a hot couple.”

 

Dongwoon blushed badly and Junhyung smirked.

 

Suddenly, a little ball of jump, smile and happiness rushed toward them:

 

“Did I hear wrong or you're talking about god-looking and handsome Yoon Dujun? I'm totally in for this kind of conversation!”

“Calm down, Yoseob,” Junhyung said, feigning to be annoyed.

 

Yoseob smiled widely and sat at the other place next to Dongwoon. He messily took out a pack of sheets and his enormous pencil case, while blaberring:

 

“I didn't see Dujun today. He's at an other university for a football match if I'm not mistaken. Why were you talking about him?”

“Because Dujun is Dongwoon's boyfriend,” Junhyung casually said.

 

Yoseob opened his eyes wide, looking at Dongwoon with such surprise that Dongwoon became afraid of a breakdown or insults or that kind of things because Yoseob was literaly idealizing Dujun and what if he was angry toward him?

 

“Ohmygod. Oh. My. God. Let me breath. Just a second.”

 

Yoseob took a deep breath loudly, and then exclamed:

 

“Are you kidding me it's just awesome just awesome Dongni I'm so happy for you you're so lucky and Dujun is so lucky to have you as his boyfriend you're perfect together I'm sure you're just so cute together like you're the perfect couple I bet you're the most perfect couple on the campus oh my god let me fangirlising about you two that's an awesome news I can't calm down please help me calm down why do I talk so much I have to stop oh my god congrats Dongni. Wah.”

“Such a fangirl,” Junhyung said.

 

Dongwoon wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter