Chapter 3

A Love Yet To Be Realized

It’s another day at Raira High School.

 

The first class just finished and the class gets to have a ten minute break before the next class.

 

Luhan stands up and stretches.

 

“Aah! I hate Math!” Luhan whines as he stretches his hands up.

 

“Huh? But you’re good at Math though!”, says the girl beside him.

 

“Haha! Yeah… but it’s still a pain. Haha!” Then Luhan turns to Minseok. “Minseok! How was Math? Were you able to--”

 

Minseok stands up. And leaves. Without paying any attention to Luhan.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan just stared at Minseok as he leaves the classroom. Immediately, as if by instinct, Luhan stands up and follows him. He follows him as he walks along the hallway.

 

He didn’t call or walked closer to Minseok. Luhan only stares at him from afar. Observing him. And that’s when he notices that Minseok has a sad presence or aura from the back. Being alone walking in the hallway, his back looks lonely. Of course, Luhan may just be assuming this but there might be some truth to it. Considering that he’s a transfer student from Busan, he must feel lonely not knowing anyone and being in an unfamiliar place.

 

It reminded Luhan of himself.

 

Luhan quickly rushes to Minseok’s side.

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” Luhan smiles.

 

Minseok is a bit surprised. He didn’t think Luhan would follow.

 

“Just the comfort room.”

 

“Ooh! Let’s go!” Luhan seems to be excited.

 

However this only made Minseok annoyed, and a bit uncomfortable. He doesn’t need to be excited with just going to the bathroom, Minseok thought.

 

As soon as they enter the comfort room, Minseok places himself at one of the urinals. And to his surprise, Luhan stands right beside him, also about to pee. This is uncomfortable and awkward for Minseok, even though this sort of thing happens to guys anyway. I think it’s the fact that it’s Luhan, and that Minseok knows he’s doing it on purpose.

 

Minseok quickly moves to another urinal, two urinals away from Luhan. Luhan notices this and confusingly looks at Minseok.

 

“Why did you move?” Luhan asked.

 

“It’s uncomfortable.” Minseok coldly replies.

 

“What’s uncomfortable?”

 

Minseok thinks. After a few seconds, though hesitant, he says, “... Y-You... b-being beside me… while peeing.”

 

“Ah are you shy?” Luhan looks at Minseok with a teasing face and acts as if he’s taking a peek.

 

“That’s not it!” Minseok shouts. “Aah! Nevermind!”

 

Minseok finishes and quickly washes his hands. Then immediately leaves.

 

“Wait I’m not done yet!” Luhan calls out to Minseok. He then finishes quickly and tries to catch up with Minseok.

 

Luhan exits the comfort room and looks for Minseok. He finds him a few meters away and runs towards him.

 

He catches up and Luhan puts his hand on Minseok’s shoulder. He tells Minseok while panting, “Why didn’t you wait for me?!”

 

Minseok stops walking and looks at Luhan with an annoyed face. “You didn’t wash your hands didn’t you?”

 

Luhan looks up, “Huh?... Uh, yeah… I think I forgot to--”

 

“Then don’t touch me! I smell pee from your hands!” Minseok shouts and quickly removes Luhan’s hands from his shoulders. Minseok immediately leaves.

 

Luhan only sighs and goes back to the comfort room to wash his hands. As he walks, he keeps thinking why does Minseok want to be always be alone. He doesn’t like to be with anyone, at all. Not just Luhan, but their other classmates as well. When they all approach him, he doesn’t want to socialize. He doesn’t want to make friends. Luhan feels bad seeing that he wants to be alone. Luhan wonders whether Minseok really wants to be alone.

 

He returns to his seat and finds Minseok staring at the window. By instinct, his body moves towards Minseok, but Luhan stops himself from approaching him. He knows that Minseok doesn’t like him that much, so pestering him would just turn him off more. Luhan realizes that he must wait for Minseok to warm up to him. And Luhan will approach him at an appropriate time and situation. He’ll do this until he breaks Minseok’s barrier. So that he could get closer, and closer to him.

 

Luhan comfortably sits again, and looks at the seat that was once empty.

 

Now, he’s just waiting for the time Minseok will turn his head around and smile at him.