Chapter 2

New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The ride to SM high, which she found out from Suho’s school crest, was rather awkward due to the language barrier between the two. He would try to talk to her in his broken English and Korean while Soyou kept to her face and just nodded her head to the stuff that she understood. However upon reaching the school, Soyou’s jaw dropped.

  The school compound was humongous, with a huge water fountain at the drive-in. Students were milling around, some relaxing in the nearby garden while others were just standing and chatting. But once the car stopped and they stepped out of the car, the whole school seemed to have turned their eyes on them. Soyou felt self-conscious at the attention that she was receiving as the other students started pointing in her direction and whispering. Suho, being the gentleman he is, helped to bring her luggage out of the car before waving the attention away from them. He then led her to the administration office to get her schedule and room keys.

  After filling up the forms with Suho’s help, she got her schedule and room keys. However she could not understand any of the subjects that she was supposed to take because it was in Korean.

  “Do you need help? Oh wait you do you can’t read Korean very well. So this is English, and then this would be Chemistry, and this is would be Korean… I’m sorry I don’t know the rest hehe…” Suho awkwardly scratched his neck when Soyou just nodded her head. “I’ll bring you to the dorm now I guess?” He continued when he saw that she was not going to reply him.

  After much hassle, Soyou managed to get to the girls’ dorm and Suho left to get back to his class since he could go no further than that. “Finally he’s gone,” Soyou muttered under breath as she inserted her key into keyhole. She held her breath as the lock clicked open and immediately a floor full of shoes greeted her. There were muddied sport shoes, almost worn out sneakers, bright red pumps, cute little kitten heels and almost all kinds of shoes you could think of. She carefully treaded through the maze of shoes to get to the living room that was pretty small but cosy enough, with a TV, a small wooden coffee table, a furry rug and a couch that had a bundle of woollen blankets sitting on it. There was also a microwave and an electronic kettle sitting at the corn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter