1] A bang, a jostle and a surprise

Is this Sarang?

----------YOUR POINT OF VIEW----------

     The slight, cool breeze shifted my light-brown hair into my eyes, and I move my hand to sweep it into my weird side-fringe. I shuffle nervously, waiting for the bus to show up. Hurry up, I really don’t wanna be late! My glasses slip down my nose sightly. I sigh— first day back to school, not such a good idea to arrive late; not to mention it won’t be a good impression on the new teachers either. I fiddle with my skirt hem; do I look okay? I was in a rush this morning. Aishhh, it’s cold, it’s snowing, and I forgot my scarf at home. “Smart one Min Ji, real smooth,” I mutter, while mentally facepalming myself.

     With a beep and a cloud of gas trailing the vehicle, the bus made a grand entrance to my bus stop. My definition of school— some compulsory government place where you are forced to learn boring crap— day in, day out. Another year of that. Oh joy.

And with a sigh, I board the bus, which was filled with other students chittering and chattering, pushing and shoving, laughing and smiling. Searching for a seat, I pass some girls presumably giggling about their latest ‘love interest’ and boys.

     I pity them, really. Love doesn’t bring anything but pain and heartbreak. Love is bull, love isn’t real. Love is fake, the feeling is fake— everything to do with love is fake. Well, that’s what I suppose anyway. All I need to do is trust in this, and I won’t get hurt. I won’t have to suffer through all the things that heart-broken girls suffer through. Call me a coward, but that’s just how I see it. I mean, who needs love?

 

*     *     *

 

     “Aishh Min Ji, you’re latee!” scolded Sun Ye, as I stumbled off the bus, pulled off by the force of the other students rushing off. Sun Ye was always the early one at school, just waiting for me by the bus stop. She’s my best friend, and who knows where I’d be and what I’d do without her. She gives me a happy smile and drags me off to our lockers. “Hurry Min Ji~”

We both run to our lockers— a pale beige rectangular cupboard that us students use to store all our school books useless junk in, locked by our own combination lock. It’s like a secret haven for us students, where we store all our notes and photos on the walls of the lockers. We all compare our lockers to the Queenka—  Ahn Kiyeon. She’s got the looks, and the intellectual. Her locker is filled with photos of her and her boyfriend— Choi Jong Hun, another boy that girls simply adore. All girls but me. Pfft, why would I waste my love on someone like him?

 

     “C’mon, let’s go to class~” I sing to her, after both of us have stored our bags and stuff away. I pull her arm and haul her away. “Yaaah, let’s go~”

     She struggles to get out of my tight grasp before flinging her book at me jokingly. I catch it quite easily and chuck it back at her, laughing. She winks and dashes to the classroom, dodging all the swarming students. “Last one there is a rotten egg! Let’s go, see you there loserrr~” she yelled, the wind carrying her voice towards me as she grows smaller and smaller, her scarf flying out like a cape behind her.

     I rolled my eyes, before giving chase. Sun Ye and her games. Hahaha, I should’ve known first day of school would start with this~ Despite the fact that she started earlier, I catch up pretty easily— following her into an empty corridor. A little bit more, and I’ll tag her from behind. Keke, she doesn’t know what’s coming! I sprint a little faster.

 

     Just before I round the corner to tag her from behind, I encounter a big surprise, colliding into someone’s chest and scattering all of my books— and this someone’s books— onto the floor.

Crap. What the hell..?

There was only one second to register the face of this someone— a blonde male, cute and shocked. Very, very shocked— before the he staggered back from the impact, crashing onto the floor with me falling right on top of him.

Uhm..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chappie! D:
I'll make the next one longer, hehe. I just wanted to update this and start it off~
Please comment on how it is, or how I can improve it and what you think of it! Comments are loved. You are loved~  (◡‿◡✿)
Hope you enjoyed this chappie! ^w^