02 - on our way home

Stop Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived at Mark’s neighborhood. Wendy was starting to feel anxious as she examined the place that surrounded her. When Mark was about to pull over to the last turn, Wendy held his arm, a little shaking. Mark surely knew what was happening with his girlfriend. She felt the same way he felt earlier. Now, it was his turn to comfort her.

So, He pulled his car over to the side of the road.

He turned his head to face the girl. Wendy looked so tense, her lively eyes wandered to the left and right.

“hey, what’s wrong?” he asked.

 

She needed more than 5 seconds to respond. “I thought we were heading to my hotel...” she paused a bit. In a painfully slow motion, she turned her attention to Mark “…don’t tell me, you bring me to your—“

Mark cut her off “Yes. My home”

He gave her a warm smile, hope it could ease her anxiety.

“w-why didn’t you tell me?”

“you will think too much, then you’ll back out and find reasons to not come”

“that’s not true!” she defended. “it’s just…”

“just what, baby?”

“…how can I meet your parents in this kind of clothes” she lowered her face and stared at a ‘Barbie’ that printed on her shirt. She let out a long sigh.

 

Mark burst into laughter.

She slapped his arm playfully. “it’s embarrassing!”

He stopped laughing after some seconds and turned his full attention back to the girl. “that’s all you worried about?”

“yes! You should tell me earlier!”

“I’m sorry. I thought you will—“

“you were thinking too much, Mark.”

 

He nodded “maybe yes, I was.”

 

“you know what? I’m already expecting it even though you weren’t inviting me over.” She held Mark’s hands and gave a gentle squeeze. “I mean, it’s your hometown. Your family is here. Of course I know, sooner or later I will meet your parents. But, not this fast. I need more preparation.”

“I understand. We can go to your hotel—“ he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter