Chapter 1. The Starting

The First Page: A Music Producer and An Author

"Nope. No way!" You said out loud while scribbling onto your notebook, you sighed as you got writer's block again, tapping your pencil on your book in thought, trying to remember the plot. Your eyes scanned the front words of your story, the title was still unknown and so were the character's personalities, but this is a comedic romance, you had that genre set in your mind. And you planned to make this plot your debut hit.

Why do you want to write a comedic romance? That's because you spent too much time watching Youtube, watching love stories on Youtube. Youtubers sharing their story of how they met, and long distance relationship seems to be a thing now. You love listening to other's love stories, because it sounds so magical and happy. Listening to it just makes you feel so happy. 

You orginally had a perfect plot in your head of the girl and boy, but you totally forgot about it once you woke up this morning, now you're still in ur PJ's putting on your glasses, and scanning your notebook once more, trying to remember the plot you thought of last night.

"Oh gosh... I at remembering. Next time, I need to write it all down straight away, no more of the 'I'll write it tomorrow' thinking! Aish!" You bent over, grabbing for your Stitch mug filled with coffee on the coffee table. Sipping on your already cold coffee and shaking it after you sip, your mind still running, trying to remember the plots and everything. Still, no luck.

"Aish, I think I need to rewatch my Youtube histories once more." You said to yourself and place down your notebook and the coffee back down on the table. You reached out for your phone resting on the table, the power bank charging it. You unplugged it and checked the percentage of the battery.

"Hmm, 34%. Oh wells, I'll charge it after watching Youtube." You were about to open up a Youtube, but before you could your phone rang abruptly, startling you as your friend's name shined brightly in front of you. 

"Bomi?" You blinked in confusion, "Why is she calling me now?" You answered it and happily talked to it.

"Hey Bomi! What's up girl?" You said in a happy tone and you expected a happy response but instead the other line was yelling. 

"YAH! ERUNA YOU IDIOT!" She yelled. You almost got a death treatment there and respond nervously. "What? What's wrong?" 

"Where the heck are you?!" She asked and you just blinked in confusion. "I'm at home, why?" 

She scoffed on the other line and you just furrowed your eyebrows. "Am I missing something here?" You asked. 

"You definitely are! Eruna you idiot! You were suppose to be here now! At Seoul's Recording to accompany with my audition. Did you forget?!" Bomi responded with a tone filled with frustration and your eyes widened as you remembered it on the spot.

"Oh ." You said back. " is the right phrase now. You better get your here now or no dinner for tonight!" She snapped and the call ended. Immediately, you jumped out of the sofa and ran out the doorway with your phone in your hand and slipping on your sneakers, you grabbed the housekeys and dashed out.

Meanwhile, Bomi was in front of the building of Seoul's Recording, her arms crossed as she stare at her watch. "Aish!" She called out in frustration. "It's almost 10! Where on earth is Eruna! That idiot girl.." She walked around back and forth, huffing out her anger.

As 4 minutes passed by, Bomi sighed as she turn on her phone, getting ready to call you again. But as she was about to tap the 'Call' button, a voice from a far end was calling out to her.

Bomi heard it and turn her head to that direction and frowned. "What is that?" She squinted her eyes through the crowd, trying to see who on earth was yelling out her name.

"BOMI!" The voice grew louder and clearer, as Bomi finally recognized that voice, she gasped as you came into her view. "Wow! I can't believe it she finally made it. And real quick too, huh not bad for her." She smiled in happiness knowing you made it here in time.

But as you ran closer and closer to her, her smile disappeared as a face of shock was place on it.

"What on earth is that idiot Eruna wearing?! Stitch?! Oh no!" She slapped her hand over her forehead as she can't see the scene anymore. You ran upfront to Bomi and smiled happily. "BOMI!" You yelled and waved your arms out frantically, as you stopped in front of her, panting, Bomi just pushed your forehead, hard. "Eruna you idiot!"

"Ow!" You winced in pain and tried to balance yourself. "What was that for?!" 

"Yah! You idiot! Look at what you are wearing! Why on earth are you showing your Stitch fangirl side today?! Anyday but today Eruna!" She yelled and you just stare down at your outfit.

"Oh my gosh! Wha! How?!" Your hands ran all over your body and you look at Bomi with an embarrassed look, Bomi looked as embarrassed as you are. A group of workers came walking by and Bomi gasped. "Quick! Pretend you don't know me!" She hissed and looked away, acting like she doesn't know me.

You gaped at your friend in disbelief, "Yah Park Bomi! How dare you do this?" You called out as the workers passed by the two of you, Bomi just stare down at her phone, totally ignoring you.

*Dang this girl. Pfft!* You stare at the workers passing by, some of them giggled and some just shook their heads, while others just look disinterest. The ones gaping at you made you feel offended and you snapped at them. "What are you looking at?"

They just giggled and walked off. Bomi just continue to act like she doesn't know you and you sighed. "Look, they're gone okay?" 

"Really?!" Bomi whirled around to you and scanned the surrounding. "Whew! Well, let's go in there. Quick!" She grabbed your hand and dragged you off. "Yah! Gently!" You called out to her, but Bomi ignored you as she dragged you off harshly.

The two of you entered the giant building and you shake your hand free from her grip and rubbed your sore wrist, "Well, this looks fancy." You said and scanned the shiny building with a smile.

"That design is pretty." You said and pointed at the different designs around this building, its a habit you do when you're in a fancy place or hotel, you love to point out any design or art you find pretty.

"Uh-huh, yeah.. Anyways, you wait here in the lobby as I go upstairs okay? I'll be done by around 11 I guess." She said and went off, you just gaped at her. "What? So now you're embarrassed by me? And wanting me to wait for you an hour?" You said with your arms crossed, your face had the expression of disbelief on it.

"Hey, you made me wait for an hour too. We gotta play even." She said and you paused for a second then sighed. "Ahh, alright fine. I'll wait. But can I go home and change out of this?" 

"Yes yes! Go go! I don't want to have lunch with my best friend in her PJ's covered with a blue alien." "Yah! That's Stitch you're talking about! This alien has a name!" You defended your PJ's.

"Ugh. Whatever. Just go, hurry." She shooed you off and walked away.

You just stuck your tongue out at her back. "Hmph! Don't worry Stitch. I'll protect you forever!" You promised yourself and nodded. "Now, back to home where I don't have to embarrassed myself anymore. Aish, but going out is going to be like hell. Oh wells." You sighed and went back home.

After changing out of your PJ's, you got change in your usual simple clothing, your hair tied up and you brought out your bagpack with your power bank and notes in it. You were walking down the street, walking all the way back to Seoul's Recording but a new store caught your eye and you stare at it in surprise.

"Wow. I never seen that store before." You spoke to yourself and walked upfront to it. You examined the store from outside and the pretty poster of a snow globe, a boy and a girl together in a snowy place, they look like they just travelled finish and met up with one another, or it looks like... "Love at first sight." You said and smile. "It's pretty."

"Isn't it?" A voice startled you and you jumped in alarm, "Oh I'm sorry dear." It was a granny, she smiled at you with a warm look and you just smile and bowed. "No it's fine, ahjumma. I was just admiring it. The snow globe really is pretty." 

"Have you ever heard of this story? It's a taiwan romance novel, a novel about this boy and this girl never got a chance because the boy only walks to the left, while the girl always goes to the right. But they met up in the end, as fate wanted them to meet up."

"Is it because the Earth is round that's why they met up? Because walking in a circle, no matter if you went left or right, you would always meet up at last." You said and the grandma just smiled. "My, you have a good thinking. But I don't know the full story. My husband does, he has read the book multiple time. It has a korean version of it. Would you like to buy one? We are having a sale now for our opening."

"Well..." You hestiated and stare at the poster. "Does it come with the globe?" You asked. The granny shook her head. "I'm afraid we don't have that yet. It's only available at Taiwan at the moment, maybe by the end of the year it will come?" 

"Aww, well, then I'll reconsider about it. Thank you, ahjumma. But may I take a look of your newly open library?" You asked and she nodded. "Of course! Come in." She opened the door for you and bowed in aprreciation.

You stepped into the library and breathed in the air, it had a soothing smell and a relaxing aura. *I can hang in here all day while writing my story.* You thought with a smile and went to explore the library.

"We even have a second floor, you may go and take a look at it." She said and you nodded, you explore the bottom area first and saw that there was a kid's section a few children were there reading their books on a soft mat as the walls were decorated beautifully.

You smile and went off to check the other sections, the categories and the ordering in this library fascinates you as it had a different picture or colored walls on each sections.

You saw the documentary section and there were many pictures of histories on the wall and you smiled in delight. "That's pretty smart." You finished checking out the whole section and realized the bottom area mostly have book for old people or matured adult people. You went upstairs as you saw the wall next to the stairs had a sign that says 'Teenage Section'

You walked up the stairs and gasped when you reached the top. It was probably the most beautiful room you had seen before, especialyl in a library, you don't get to see a room that pretty that often. 

"Wow. They really know how to do their job right... These designings are awesome." You smiled as you came closer to the designs on the wall, it totally gave out a teenage feeling with its colors and shape. (I won't say how the designs look, because everybody has their own design in their mind. So, imagine :D)

You found the section you were looking for and entered the row of bookshelves, and you just had to gasp in awe as you saw the sign designed for the 'Fantasy' section. You love fantasy as they bring life out of dull things, they are the only things that can attract you and plus the reason why you wanted to become a writer is because of every fantasy novels, movies, cartoons, anything related to fantasy.

You spotted most of your favorite english fantasy novels, The Mortal Instrument, Divergent, The Maze Runner, and other fantasy series. You've read probably all the books of it. It gave you a very warm feeling as you read through the stories of each novel, imagining the movie in your head, pictures and different plus amazing things you never knew could be imagined and created.

For you, fantasy is a wonderful and extraordinary work. And you adore it a lot, that is why you wanted to write a novel, filled with fantasy of course, and romance with a hint of comedy.

*I will create the best book ever. And someday, I will see it in this section.* With a smile you got up and was about to turn to a corner as you reached the end of the row of books, while turning you hadn't put your attention on the front as when you were about to exit, a book caught your eye and for a second, you thought you saw the same book picture as the library's poster hung outside, the boy and the girl.

But not turning without looking front is always a bad thing. As you had collided with a boy in the front and the two of you fell back in pain. You stumbled backwards, your hand grabbing onto the bookshelves for balance while your other hand rested on your nose where it had collided with a hard chest.

"Ow! My nose..." You winced in pain while rubbing onto it, you heard the other person wincing in pain too and looked up. A boy with sunglasses on and reddish mix with orange colored hair rested himself on the bookshelve to support his legs as one of his hand was placed on his chest.

*That's where I bang into. Damn. He has a hard chest.* You thought and look up at him, the boy was facing you but you couldn't really tell because of his sunglasses, but you could still feel his stare.

The two of you were silent, as you two exchange awkward glances, finally the guy spoke. "What?" He said, startling you as he broke the silence. "No apology? My chest hurts a lot!" 

You just stare at him in disbelief, *What did this orange head just spoke to me?! His chest?! Pfft! So what?!*

"Listen here you tropical freak!" You spat and his mouth dropped, gaping at you, as if you just said something absurd. "What did you just called me?" He spoke sternly.

"Don't interrupt! I'm speaking here!" You snapped and glared at him, your hand still covering your bruised nose. "I think you need to apologize as my nose is freaking injured from your pineapple chest!"

"Pineapple chest?" He stare at his chest then back at you. "Yeah that pineapple chest! What happens if my nose is offically broken?! I can't go on the cover of my book with a bandaged nose!"

"Nobody is going to stare at your ugly face anyways. What happens if my chest can't breathe anymore?!" He questioned while gaping at you and you just glared at him. "Nobody wants to see your pineapple body anyways! You orange head with a jerkish look!"

"Muh?! Yah! Listen here you-" "What's going on here?" A voice spoke out and the two of you snapped out of the argument state, both of you turn to the direction where the voice came from.

The granny who owns this library was standing behind the two of you with her arms enclosed together. "My my, I see a lover's quarrel." She spoke and chuckled. "What's wrong? Can't decide on a book well together?"

"Muh?!" The two of you chorused then stare at each other, gave awkward glances, turn away, shuddered then turn to the granny. "Ahjumma! We're not a couple!" Both chorused again.

The grandma just smiled at the two of them. *I can see the starting of these two. Aigoo. Young kids these days are as blind as old people.*