Trace 7

Shadow, The.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung shuts her eyes tightly, awaiting for what’s going to come. But three seconds later, nothing happened. She slowly got the courage to take a peek, only to see Beast Dongwoon-oppa and Yoseob-oppa fighting with the group of drunkards. Being a professional boxer, taking the men out was just a piece of cake for Yoseob. She turns to look at Dongwoon, looking at him trying his best to tackle the men, but taking a few hits himself several times. Hayoung wanted to help but her feet were rooted to the ground. All she could do was stare helplessly wanting eveyrthing to end soon. But a particular punch resulted in glass shattering. Dongwoon's spectacles broke upon the impact of hitting the ground.

Just then, a man spun around and stared intently right at Hayoung. Without a word, he charged straight towards her with a pocket knife in his hands. Letting out a loud scream of fury, the knife was raised towards the sky slicing straight down aiming at Hayoung’s face. This time round. She didn't feel any pain yet again. Dongwoon managed to use him arms to block the knife in time, getting a deep wound with blood gushing out from it. The very next second, Yoseob punched the lights out of the man and he fell unconscious to the ground.

‘Dongwoon-ah! Are you alright?’ Yoseob asked his dongsaeng worriedly. ‘Hyung I’m alright. Don’t worry about me. Hayoung-ah! How are you? You are safe now. Don’t worry’ Dongwoon asked, his voice filled of concern. Hayoung could only give a timid nod in response. ‘Alright Dongwoon I’ll send these few mens to the police and you send Hayoung-ssi back to the dorm. Take care’

Dongwoon took a glance at Hayoung whom was just looking down unable to meet the eyes of the two men. Thinking that she must still be in shock from all that just happened, Dongwoon lifted her up in his arms, carrying her bridal style towards her car. As though everything was against them that day, rain started pouring down from the sky. Hayoung whom was in Dongwoon’s arms glanced up to look at him.

A painful expresison could be seen from his face from the contact of the rain and his wound but Dongwoon was clearly holding it in not wanting Hayoung to notice. Dongwoon’s shirt was drenched, allowing her to see his clearly defined abs under the thin shirt.  His muscular arms trying to pull her closer to his body shielding her from the rain.  His frowning expression while running as fast as he can towards her car. His appearance without his spectacles was beyond suave. All Hayoung knew was that, for the first time with an unknown reason, she felt really safe in his arms and she mentally punished herself for being a ert. ‘NamShin’ was the last thought she had and with that, drowsiness took over and she fell asleep in his comfortable, protective arm.

Dongwoon’s POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter