IV

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahyeon stepped inside Taecyeon’s office reminding him of the list of errands he had to accomplish by the end of the day.

Taecyeon did a slight nod of his head without looking up from his laptop. “Thank you Ahyeon. What time is dad arriving in the evening?” he asked.

She glanced at her clipboard again. “6:30 sir.”

“Alright I’d like to see him at the airport so have Junior prepare my car by five o’clock. Got that?”

“Yes sir.”

With that, she was dismissed and left her boss all alone to finish the report he was typing out. For the first couple of days, it was pretty smooth sailing for him since he had been reviewing the files and documents he was taught of in advance. Once in a while Taecyeon would take a short break for a cup of coffee downstairs at the lobby or just stay in his office resting by his couch, watching the television or reading a book. Or he could just simply turn around in his swivel chair and admire the landscape view of the city.

“Knock knock!” His good friend Seulong walked into his office freely without even asking for permission. “Hey there boss, how’s it going?”

“Seulong can you please make yourself useful and do some work in your office perhaps?” Taecyeon mocked as he stood up to put the files away into a cabinet.

“I’ve already updated the statistics of the company. Increasing ever since you came back here.”

“Impressive.”

Seulong sat on the chair next to Taecyeon’s desk. “How about the partnership with Elite?”

“Nichkhun’s company?”

“Yeah.”

“I believe I’ll be staying there for several weeks to work on a project together. Big projects bring in tons of profit and stocks will keep rising so this will be beneficial to our company.”

“So that’s your plan this month?”

Taecyeon offered a cup of water to Seulong. “You bet. Besides, this is my chance to prove dad that I have been studying and being a good son.”

“Yeah I bet,” Seulong placed the cup on the desk. “What about your love life dude? You should be having a woman right now since you’re getting old. And you’re too good for some mingling and one night stands bro. You gotta find yourself a lady, time to be in love Taec!”

Taecyeon stood against the tall glass windows, suddenly having an image of Yoona flashing in his head. “I guess. Though I’m working on it, but so far no one’s interested.”

Seulong jumped up from the seat. “Then it’s time to introduce you to the ladies! Gotta go out there and be a man!”

“Don’t worry Seulong, I got it under control,” he stated.

Taecyeon was back at the airport waiting for his father’s arrival from Los Angeles. Although he must say, it has been long since the father and son met each other in person. Due to the frequent business trips and meetings his father needs to attend.

“Son!” shouted a man who was passing through the exit with a duffel bag in his hand.

Taecyeon dashed to his father and embraced him tightly. “Dad! I missed you!” he chuckled.

Jisub hugged his son back, patting him by the shoulder. “You’ve grown so much Taecyeon! I can’t believe that both of us would be seeing each other more often this time.”

“Yes I’m excited too dad. You’ll be proud of the hard work I’m putting in for the company.”

“Oh definitely. I shall see your progress and improvement! Good things happening in your way, Taecyeon.”

The father and son gathered back into Taecyeon’s apartment, catching up onto things they missed out. Jisub was impressed with his son’s cooking skills after not having to taste Taecyeon’s dishes for so long. They sat opposite each other at the dining table eating as the radio was to interrupt the silence.

“How’s traveling dad?”

“Very ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter