XVII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona had the whole day off of work. She requested for one from Mr. Kim himself which he was glad of adhering to. After days of pouring herself with piles and piles of documents she needed to review, she deserved a break. Unlike Taecyeon though, he was busy as usual back in his company. 

So she was in the kitchen preparing a lunch box for him. It would be nice to give him a surprise admist of all the work he was doing. She honestly felt like a wife who was preparing food for her husband. Her cheeks blushed bright red for thinking Taecyeon as her husband. Ever since Nichkhun left for New York, her mind was just all about the other guy. She didn’t feel guilt or conscience consuming her from within. Didn’t know exactly why either but for now, she was just happy to be with Taecyeon. The past couple of days with him was comforting by spending time at each other’s places.

“Not bad at all,” she said after trying one of her kimbap slices she made. She cleared the kitchen counter and washed the dishes in the sink. With the kimbap stored in a plastic container, she packed it in her tote bag. She glanced at the clock on the wall deciding to change into her clothes so she could arrive at the company just before noon. 

Yoona reached the building as she parked her car in the underground parkade in the visitor lot. She hung her tote bag across her shoulder, walking up to the lift and pressed the floor leading to the lobby. 

“I’m here to meet Ok Taecyeon,” she told the receptionist. 

“Miss Im?”

“Yes.”

“Wait a minute please,” the receptionist called for Taecyeon’s office to check in with the CEO . “Mr. Ok is waiting for you in his office. Top floor.”

Yoona bowed her head. “Thank you.” 

Boy, was she nervous to knock on the door. What would she expect if he saw her? Bringing lunch for him? Would he like it? She erased those thoughts and made a break for it. She turned the doorknob when she heard his voice inside his office. 

Taecyeon beamed at the sight of Yoona stepping timidly inside his office. “Yoona,” he closed his laptop shut gesturing her over to the leather chairs and coffee table by the side of the room. “What are you doing here?” 

Yoona took out the lunch box from her bag and placed it on the table. “I brought lunch for you,” she opened the container unveiling the rolled kimbaps. 

He smiled sweetly at her. “Wow you made this for me?” 

She tucked her hair behind her ear, unable to look at him in the eye without blushing. “I thought you might be hungry. I hope you like kimbaps.”

“Oh absolutely, they’re my favorite!” Taecyeon grabbed a pair of chopsticks, grabbing a piece. “They’re really good Yoona, thank you so much for these.” 

She smiled genuinely back at him. “Glad you like them.”

He held up a piece in front of . “Ah,” he fed her as well. “I had quite a tiring morning. Thanks to you I’ve fueled my energy.”

“What are you doing anyway?”

“Just catching up on the stock market. The typical boring stuff,” he grinned. “What about you?”

“I have the whole day off.”

“You’ve asked for one?”

“Yeah I needed a break from all the work I had to complete. The perks of being a secretary of the chairman.” 

“But take it easy though,” he fed her another piece. “If it’s too much to handle, make sure you demand some rest.”

“I will.”

They ate the remaining slices of kimbap, cleaning the table up right after. Yoona packed the items in her bag ready to leave as he needs to get back to work. 

“I’ll come over at your place tonight?” he asked. 

She leaned against the door and nodded. “We can watch a movie. I’ll prepare popcorn,” she smiled teasingly at him.

He chuckled pecking her lips. “Excited about the popcorn,” he wrapped his arms around her waist, finally pressing their lips together. She sighed in content running her fingers through his hair. While things were just getting heated, Yoona giggled as she bit onto his bottom lip pushing him away gently. 

“You need to complete your tasks Mr. Ok,” she reminded, loving how he whined like a kid. 

He placed a kiss on her cheek. “Alright I’ll see you later then,” shooting a wink at her. 

“I’ll be waiting, have fun at work!” 

Yoona hopped off to the elevator with a smile on her face. Definitely preparing lots of popcorn.


The first week in New York was thrilling for the two Elite members. Taking in the different varieties of culture, languages and vibes. One hectic city where most business professions were located at with different types of concentrating fields. Nichkhun has always wanted to start his kind of company here because there were tons of opportunities to do so, given that he has a stable business making profit. For Tiffany, she was dazzled with the famous fashion branded companies and was considering to join that type of field one day. 

Nichkhun was scrolling through hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter