Normal Life for the Not-So Normal People

The Gritty Mafia Life

The sun was just coming up, and people that were up early enough were able to see the beautiful shades of yellow, orange, pink, and blue that made up the sunrise. Birds were chirping, some people were running, and some people were just waking up to a lazy Saturday morning. It was a recipe for a perfect day. Unless you were hung over from a night of intense drinking.

 

A man slowly woke up, but immediately wanted to go back to sleep when he felt the pounding headache as soon as his eyes slightly opened. The man slowly opened his eyes again, his blurred vision slowly cleared, only to see he was staring at a wooden ceiling. His feminine-looking face contorted into a grimace when he slowly sat up, and tried to open his doe-like eyes, only to have his face bombarded with rays of sunlight, and quickly close them. The man blinked his eyes over and over, and when he was able to keep his eyes open for longer than a second, he jumped back a little bit when he saw an unknown face up close in his personal space.

 

But the face didn't stay unknown for long.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, get the hell out of my face, you overgrown puppy!" The man quickly pushed Baekhyun out of his face, who looked offended as soon as he was pushed away. As Baekhyun was pushed away, he slightly fell backwards, and fell on his , grunting in the process. He immediately glared at his friend, and the doe-eyed man knew he would regret pushing Baekhyun at some point.

 

"Well then Luhan, I'll just your favorite hangover remedy down the sink, jackass! And these Advil pills too, I'll just take that for myself, I could always use more for myself, you and I drank the most out of everyone last night. I could use both of these, you know! Don't be mean to me!" Baekhyun all but practically whined at the man, now known to be Luhan. As soon as Baekhyun said hangover remedy and Advil, Luhan leapt up to make a grab for both of them. Too bad for him, his headache hit him full force, allowing Baekhyun to keep both items out of Luhan's reach.

 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry Baekhyun! Now please give them to me!" Luhan begged Baekhyun, who was feeling merciful for once, and let Luhan have some relief from his awful hangover. Once Luhan had downed the Advil and the hangover remedy, he felt better than when he first woke up. Looking around again, Luhan realized he and Baekhyun were still at the bar from last night. 

 

"Wow, we really got ed up, didn't we Baek?" Luhan laughed, and looking at his reflection in the window, he did look ed up. His eyes were bloodshot, and he had huge bags under his eyes as well. His hair was all over the place, and his skin felt dry in places all over his face and neck. If anyone had seen him at this moment, they never would have guessed he was a male/female model.

 

"Wow dude, you look like !" Baekhyun was laughing, and Luhan wasn't amused. The deer-like boy pulled Baekhyun in front of the window so Baekhyun could see how awful he looked as well. Baekhyun immediately shut up, seeing how he looked just as bad as Luhan.

 

"Well, crap. So, I guess the only thing to do right now is to get fixed up at your place, then call the others out to lunch at the usual cafe?" Baekhyun asked, looking at Luhan, now knowing they both looked like absolute . Luhan laughed, and nodded at his friend. Both men slowly got to their feet, and Luhan wrapped his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. They staggered out of the bar, trying to block their eyes from the sun.

 

The sun was evil when trying to nurse a hangover.

 

When they finally got inside Luhan's apartment, Baekhyun fell on the couch, while Luhan just fell on the floor once the door was shut. Baekhyun looked up from his place on the couch, only to see Luhan asleep, face first in the floor. Baekhyun sighed, slowly flopped off the couch, and woke up Luhan the only way he really knew how.

 

By kicking him in the stomach.

 

Once Baekhyun had kicked Luhan, the poor human deer was coughing and sputtering, glaring at Baekhyun in the process. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, then ran to the bathroom to try and make himself somewhat presentable after a hard night of drinking and partying. Luhan joined him in the bathroom after a few minutes, immediately grimacing at his reflection, and tried to do something with his hair.

 

"Hey Lu, did you text the guys? Because if you didn't, they'll all go to work without knowing we planned something last-minute. Again. And then yell at us. Regardless of if they come or not." Luhan smirked, and Baekhyun laughed at all the times they had done something like this to the others. They'd been screamed at plenty of times for messing up the other's schedules for a stupid cafe meeting, but Luhan and Baekhyun never learned.

 

"Yeah, I did, they all know. Now we just need to not look like homeless people. Oh my god, what is up with my face." Baekhyun laughed, and started on brushing his teeth before anything else. One thing Baekhyun hates is dumpster breath. 

 

Luhan had already fixed his hair to look straight, covering his head to try and hide non-existent blemishes that Luhan swore were there. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his friends ridiculousness, then went to work on covering his eye bags. Both men did, knowing they couldn't wear sunglasses inside a cafe. That would look stupid.

 

"Hey Luhan, where's your liquid eyeliner? I need to redo mine." Baekhyun looked at Luhan, his face and hair already looking pretty good. Luhan rolled his eyes again, and gave Baekhyun his liquid eyeliner. Luhan watched as Baekhyun only took five seconds to perfectly apply eyeliner. Everyone Baekhyun knew was always baffled by his ability to get eyeliner perfect on both of his eyes, and everyone wanted to know his secret. It was one of many reasons why Baekhyun was one of the most sought after make-up artists in Korea.

 

"To this day, you still won't tell me how you do it, and I'm a freaking model. Stop being so stingy, you ." Luhan playfully said, staring at Baekhyun with mischievousness in his eyes. Baekhyun laughed at his friend, and patted Luhan's shoulder in fake pity, knowing he would never give up his secret.

 

"Well, I'm sorry, but we all can't land modeling deals with one of Korea's biggest chain clothing stores! You better hire me as your personal make-up artist, otherwise you'll be in trouble." Luhan laughed, knowing Baekhyun wasn't lying at all. Bean Pole was highly regarded in Korea, and to know they wanted him as a model, for men and women's clothes, was a dream come true. Even though Luhan wishes he didn't have to model in women's clothes, he realized that his face was extremely feminine, so Luhan decided to use that to his advantage.

 

"Oh, don't worry about that Baek. You're the only person I let anywhere near my face with makeup in the first place." Baekhyun laughed at his friend, then looked in the mirror, seeing that his face and hair was presentable enough to leave Luhan's house. Seeing that Luhan was ready as well, Baekhyun went into Luhan's closet and grabbed Luhan's black leather jacket, because Baekhyun had standards for his clothes as well as his face. 

 

Luhan rolled his eyes, grabbed his aviator sunglasses, and walked out of the door with Baekhyun in tow, both of them looking like models......after partying too hard.

 

When both men got to the cafe, they saw that three of their friends were already sitting at their usual table. One man with beautiful tanned skin and plush lips, one who was wearing a very posh and expensive suit, and the last man who resembled a unicorn. Unicorn man had his head resting on fancy suit's shoulder. 

 

"Really guys? Was last night not enough for you Luhan? I'm trying to nurse my hangover, and being around you guys doesn't help." The bronzed god was not amused, and while fancy suit nodded in agreement, unicorn man had just fallen asleep. Baekhyun and Luhan looked offended, but everyone knew they were faking it. 

 

"Wow Jongin, Junmyeon, nice to know you don't like our presence. Maybe we'll just leave. And you're never gonna see us again." Baekhyun exclaimed, making Jongin roll his eyes, but ultimately stayed in his seat. There was no arguing with Byun Baekhyun. Ever. Luhan was looking at all of his friends, and noticed someone was missing. 

 

"Hey, does anyone know where Xiumin is?" Jongin shook his head, while Junmyeon rolled his eyes. Everyone in the group knew of Luhan's crush on their missing friend, and frankly, everyone was getting sick of Luhan pining after someone that he was never going to get. 

 

Especially Junmyeon. He knew a little bit of Xiumin's past, and to see Luhan throw himself at Xiumin all the time was getting on his nerves on his nerves most of all. 

 

"I don't know, and I frankly don't care. Xiumin is a grown man, and he can take care of himself. He doesn't need a babysitter." Luhan blushed, and Jongin snickered. It wasn't that Jongin liked to see his friends suffer, but they annoyed him sometimes, so it brought Jongin joy to see his friends uncomfortable. 

 

The man on Junmyeon's woke up when said man was talking, and when he was done talking, unicorn man kissed Junmyeon on the cheek. Junmyeon blushed, Baekhyun rolled his eyes, Jongin looked away, and Luhan gagged. 

 

"Okay, just because you guys are in a happy, stable relationship doesn't mean you can shove it in our faces! You two are so cute I wanna throw up!" Everyone once again rolled their eyes at their dramatic friend. As Luhan and Baekhyun sat down, the bell above the cafe door rung, and a man with dark purple hair walked in, making Luhan's eyes light up. 

 

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late. What have I missed so far?" Xiumin sat in between Jongin and Junmyeon, making Luhan slump just a little bit. 

 

"You haven't missed much this time! Just Luhan being overdramatic, and Lay and Junmyeon being disgustingly cute." Baekhyun informed Xiumin, who tipped his head back and laughed. 

 

"So, I've practically missed nothing. Thanks for filling me in Baekhyun." Jongin smirked, and Junmyeon and Lay snickered while Luhan just pouted. 

 

"What's also not new is the fact that you're always late to our meet ups. Today, last night, every time three weeks ago, what's up with that XiuXiu?" Xiumin stiffened, and Junmyeon discreetly placed his hand on Xiumin's back, making the purple haired man relax just a little bit. 

 

"Well, last night, I had work like a normal human being. Most of my coworkers already don't like me for one reason or another, and I wasn't about to give them another reason to hate me. All the other times you mentioned................I lost track of time. Reminiscing about the past and all." Luhan stared at Xiumin for a second, then nodded, seemingly pleased with the answer he was given. 

 

"I feel you on the whole coworker situation. All the other dancers hate me for some reason. I've tried to be nice, but all they do is try and sabotage my dances." Jongin looked up, distressed, while Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his oblivious friend. 

 

"Jongin, the others hate you because you're y as and no one wants to see them dance anymore. You're making bank, and they're jealous." Jongin's eyes widened, then he leaned back in his chair and smirked. Now Jongin didn't care what his coworkers thought of him. Because Baekhyun was right, for once. 

 

"I love my job, but all these girls are driving me up the wall. Taeyeon won't quit any time I'm asked to do makeup for SNSD. I love them and their music, but oh my god. She's too much." Luhan patted Baekhyun on the shoulder, knowing his situation with Taeyeon was not going to get better any time soon. 

 

"My mom is still a . Dad still wants me to take over the company. Both of them still want me to break up with Lay. Life hasn't changed. And I'm sick of it." Lay nodded, and everyone looked at Junmyeon and Lay in sympathy. Their situation had to be the worst. Junmyeon was being forced into his future, and his parents were asking him to break up with the inly bright light in his dark world. 

 

"Well, here's to ty lives! Hopefully somehow it gets better." Xiumin raised up his black coffee, and everyone else, bumoed their drinks together, hoping something changes. 

 

Oh, how close change can be......


So yeah. A big part of the bottom portion of this chapter is written on my phone. Because the school system .

But, at least I got the chapter out!!! Finally, I'm sorry, I'm really slow.

I swear, I'll get better. I promise......................to try.

I know me, that try promise is a good thing.

So, now, I will ask you to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE PLEASE!!!!!! It really motivates me to write faster.

And, to all the new subscribers from this chapter, CANDY FOR YOU, and to all the returning people who don't kill me, CANDY FOR YOU!!!!!! CANDY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Okay, now I have to go back into school mode. Ew. Wish me luck.

~~~~~~~bubble1765