Love letter

Not all drama ends

Having regrets is definitely something inevitable in our life. However, there's surely something wrong if you are constantly regretting the same thing. When it comes down to that, you have two options ; it's either you fix the matter or you continue regretting. 

This time, JB was determined to man up and fix everything even if it means hurting someone along the way. 

 Here's the thing, JB has always been known as the charismatic, violent and short tempered leader. Although yes, he has changed a lot over the years, it does not mean people were no longer intimidated by him. When he's not smiling, his default face look like as though he's ready to pick up a fight with anyone who crosses his border. Even when he was thinking of ice cream and popsicles, his face looked as though he hated the world - his eyes has this particular glare which well, scares people away. His social circle was limited. Not a lot dared to approach him first but this particular girl was different. 

 
His group mate and close buddy ; Jackson, was casted as the permanent member of SBS variety show - Roommate Season 2. 12 celebrities including Jackson himself will be living together for a couple of days every fortnight. The show aims to show that people of different aspect of the starbiz can get along and live together like a family. The line up was interesting but what was more amusing for JB was that Heo YoungJi, the new KARA replacement would also be there. It hasn't even been a month since she officially debuted and she already has a permanent show up her sleeves. That, was admirable. 
 
As months goes by, Jackson grew closer to YoungJi and they were known as the JackJi couple. People shipped them together and the media loved their chemistry. Constant bickering and teasing made viewers smile when they watched the two. Every single time Jackson came back from Roommate filming, he wouldn't stop blabbering about her ;
 
Jackson /
 
" Damn she's so different from the other girls man. Like, I feel like a wimp with her "
 
" Her laughter is so unique and honestly, it makes me proud when I can see that alligator laugh of hers."
 
" Did you see how she fit in the giant lettuce wrap in ?" 
 
And the list goes on and on. JB was annoyed of course. As the leader and also his friend, he was worried that with Jackson admiring YoungJi up till this extent, a scandal might happens and things would get ugly. He ought to talk to Jackson and give him some advice but part of him enjoyed listening to Jackson's blabber. It's weird how he has never met her but he could picture her actions when he hears Jackson describing each and every behaviour of hers. It was stupid. He even thought of asking Jackson to bring YoungJi over to their practice room so he could get to know her better. Sadly, his pride wouldn't let him. He was supposedly the charismatic leader who can make one fall for him just by looking straight into their eyes. 
 
He sounded like a pathetic Romeo and maybe the most pathetic thing of all would be ; he has a drama schedule on the day Jackson invited all 6 of them to attend Roommate's 'barbecue party' . It was his chance to talk to her but luck was never on his side.There's no way he can postpone the drama filming just to attend the 'barbecue party' . With a heavy heart, he told them to go and have fun without the leader aka him around. The members nod their heads enthusiastically and responded 
 
Junior / Jackson / Mark / YoungJae / YuGyeom / BamBam 
 
"Yes hyung"
" Duhh we can finally let loose. Woo"
" Wish you were there but barbecue over anything."
"Have fun filming your drama hyung."
"Yes Yes we will Wooohooo."
" Finally YoungJi Nuna!!"
 
BamBam's words hit home run and he muttered under his breath " I wish I could too." 
With a heavy heart, he filmed his drama. He was able to film the scenes easily but the only scene he was weak at was scenes involving cheesy, finger curling dialogues but oddly, he was able to act out the emotions today.  Well, even the directors and staff was surprised.
 
Looking into the female lead's eyes he gazed and said
 
" You have no idea, how much it hurts to see you from afar. All this time, all I ever wanted was to get to know you and talk to you. The 'Hello' that came out from your lips were as warmth as a heater on a cold winter day. My ice cold heart melted because of you. More than anything else, I want to get to know you."
 
It was either the dialogues were so relatable or JB was just good. The only person who knows the answer is - JB himself.
 
It was finally the year end and that's when Music festivals from the three major broadcasting system would be. It was one heck of a schedule with performances day after day. Late night naps and waking up early in the morning just to prepare for a few minutes worth of performance. The good thing about this music festival would be bunch of artist gathering together to catch up with one another and of course to see HER. It was the 31st of December and it was M Broadcasting Channel's turn for the music festival. At 1150 pm artist would gather together and welcome the new year. I wasn't expecting much since there would be lots of people around and chances of communication are slim but boy I was wrong. 
Thanks to my good friend Jackson, he decide to stand next to the KARA Sunbae or to make it sound scandalous, next to HER. While the other KARA sunbaes were busy talking to their old acquaintance, she was left alone - like a lost puppy with those cute curls and eyes. All of a sudden, she turned and said Hi to me. Well, she did say Hi to Yugyeom too but no one has ever openly said Hi to me. I thought that would be the end but she went on to talk about our performance and how cool we were with the breakdance as well as using baseball bat as a prop. I could feel my cheeks or maybe my face burning up. I have no idea what I actually said in reply but she showed that iconic laugh of her. 
Ohgosh I must have looked like a fool. Damn it but her eyes are big. Really big and puppy eyes. Her cheeks look so puffy and I just want to reach out my arms and pinch it. 
 
For goodness sake IM JAEBUM WAKE UP. 
 
The night was short but the emotions stayed longer than it should. 
 
Jackson was right, she did have a pretty laugh. Is this what you call love at first sight? Wait, I don't think I'm in love but maybe I'm interested in her. Too bad roommate was now over and there's probably 0.19999% chance of me meeting HER. Damn my ill fated luck. 
 
I was lying around in the living room watching TV with Jackson and Mark while ignoring Junior's constant nagging, YoungJae loud voice trynna challenge a new song and also the two maknaes constant whining on who is the real winner of the game. 
Can't I ever get some peace? 
 
Just when I thought things could get worse (or better) manager hyung came in and said
 
" Jaebum-ah, we need to talk business right now." 
 
" Now? Alright. "
 
" Not here, in your room."
 
" Oh."
 
" Here's the thing, I know that we just started promoting our new song and your schedule is busy as hell but I received an offer. Well, a drama offer actually. If you're okay with it, filming will start in mid-August."
 
" Okayyy. So, what's the plot? Director? Cast? "
 
" They have yet to reveal the plot to me due to privacy issues but the leading actress also known as the one who will be acting alongside you is KARA's"
 
" KARA Sunbaenim? "
 
" YoungJi."
 
"Oh."  JB was taken aback
 
" So, will you accept the offer?" 
 
" I-" 
 
" What?? You'll be acting with YoungJi?? OMG please tell me you're not going to say yes. My two best buddy acting all lovey-dovey and who knows there's a damn kiss scene too. Gosh. Hyung."  Jackson burst open the door and whined 
 
" I'll do it. Jackson, I'm sorry man but I need and want to do this drama." 
 
" What do you mean by want? " 
 
" Nothing, i just want to finally do something,  Manager hyung please inform the director, I'm willing to take up the offer whether Jackson likes it or not" JB replied glaring at the lost wang puppy 
 
" Alright, if that's what you want." Jackson finally gave in
 
-3 weeks later @ first script reading -
 

" Annyeonghasaeyo "  JB's ear perked up the moment he heard a familiar voice, He turned around and he saw someone who looked like an angel in a white dress missing a halo.

" Annyeong YoungJi, since you're close friends with Jackson, just comfortably talk to me."
 
" Dae oppa."
 
" Okay since everyone is here, let's talk about the plot in detail and go through the script together."
 
This drama would be what you call a cliché high school love story and well, with a little fun element to it. The usual plot of two guys and a girl. Both guys fighting for the girl and of course, the luckier one, will get the girl. 
 
Thank goodness, this time, the script didn't let JB down. 
 
Filming went on for months and well, with the continuous filming day and night, JB and YoungJi grew close overtime. They were close enough to have secret codes as well as inside jokes. YoungJi even shared her concerns - adapting with the KARA unnies, gaining fans love and recognition for her efforts. Things she would normally talk about with Jackson. It was difficult to talk to Jackson these days. With lots of fans watching her and criticising her whenever she got close to him. She couldn't even like his pictures on Instagram. She tried to test the waters by liking BamBam's picture and the reaction was alright but when she finally gather the courage to like Jackson's picture, her comments section turned inside out. The response was overwhelming- in a bad way. She tried to talk to Jackson about it but he was busy. Really busy. Filming sports program and even got casted for Law of the Jungle. She was lonely when he went but weirdly, JB was able to fill that void. YoungJi heard a lot about JB through Jackson's constant whining and complains 
 
Jackson / YoungJi 
 
" I swear he's a serial killer."
 
" like all he ever does is scold me. Damn."
 
" I don't think I did anything wrong. He has major issues. Really."
 
" If you ever meet him, you will dislike him as much as I did. Really. He's so cold to everyone."
 
" Ayyy he can't be that bad."
 
" You never know."
 
Jackson was right, YoungJi will never know. She never knew how warm hearted he was. Preparing warm coffee when she was cold, remembering to pack her blanket when she forgets about it and reassuring her it's alright whenever she messes up a line. Filming was tolerable with JB next to her. She found comfort talking to him. She was sad of course that Jackson was now pretty distant from her but she understands that in every friendship or relationship, distance was unavoidable.She was just thankful JB was there for her but she was afraid that once the last episode airs, they will grow distant too just like how she is now with Jackson. YoungJi tried not to get too attached to JB and JB being JB, realised it. Hearing her stories and concerns, he has figured out that she was afraid of attachment - growing close to someone only to have them drift apart. During the filming for the last few episodes, YoungJi begin to build up walls around her ; not letting JB come close to help her. It hurt him of course. They grew so close and suddenly she starts to block him out. He sincerely wanted to help her out. Not only because he liked her but it was because he thinks she has the potential as an actress. 
 
Time pass by really fast when you want it to go slower. JB realised that fact in his attempt to win YoungJi's trust. It was finally the filming for the last episode. Well, the script said JB and YoungJi will have a happy ending but seeing as how they are right now, it won't be a happy ending in real life. This was JB's last chance. He had to fix this or he will regret it.
 
" Kamdoknim(director), I need to say something. Can I change the last scene? I've got a different idea for a proposal. It's something I've been thinking about and I think it will work out well."
 
" Okay, let me hear out your plan."
 
 
LAST SCENE 
 
" Okay let's end this with a bang."
 
She was standing there, in a restaurant with instrumental music playing in the background. The vibe was romantic until JB walked to the manager and asked him to turn off the mic. Confused, YoungJi stared at JB. This wasn't what was supposed to happen. JB was supposed to drag her arm and bring her out. Searching for JB's eyes, he gave her a knowing nod. Her instincts told her to trust him and she did. JB grabbed a mic and stand on stage. This song here is for that girl standing over there - the one wearing a white dress with slight curls and those beautiful big eyes
 
 
Infinite love letter, lyrics by : http://thewhiteface.blogspot.sg/2015/07/infinite-love-letter-engroman-lyrics.html
 
 There are so many love songs like this
But why do I keep singing them?
You don’t understand
You don’t love me
I have fallen for you at some point
At first, the sight of your back was so pretty
So I just started talking to you without knowing
I tried not to show it but I hoped you would smile
Maybe I was too greedy
Oh baby it can’t be over like this
I couldn’t tell you my trembling heart
So I wrote my heart in a letter
So I can tell you how I feel
Because my heart that only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I wanna know
Honestly, you’re so dazzling
Not even a sweet song can express you
You don’t understand
You don’t love me
I’ve never felt this ambiguous feeling before
As I looked at the stars in the night sky
I just kept walking
I didn’t show it but I hoped you would be there
Maybe I was being too greedy
Oh baby it can’t be over like this
I couldn’t tell you my trembling heart
So I wrote my heart in a letter
So I can tell you how I feel
Because my heart that only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I wanna know
I can’t fall asleep tonight
So I light a candle in this dark room
Writing my heart for you on a white piece of paper
You, who shyly looked at me and smiled
Actually, I really like you
Oh baby I’m gonna tell you right now
Oh baby, I think you’ve already caught me
I can’t stop my trembling heart
Oh please my love, to be honest
I like you so much
Because my heart that only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I can’t lose you
I can’t stop, I wanna know
 
The song ended, and JB approached YoungJi. She was confused. Everything felt so real. She didn't know if this was an act or was he sincere. He stood infront of her and hugged her lightly.
 
" This is for you. I've waited months to say this to you and I never want you to push me away like how you did for the past few weeks. It hurts. Right over here." JB points to his heart as he says the line. 
 
" I'm sorry."
 
" Don't apologise, just will you accept my love letter? "
 
" Yes, I'm a crazy fool if I don't accept it. Thank you oppa."
 
The drama ended with high ratings but the sparks between the two was as alive as ever. YoungJi may have temporarily lost her best friend but she found someone to light up her darkest days. 
 
 
A/N : I know that this is supposed to be a one shot but I couldn't stop writing more and more