A Beginning Of A Lifetime

More Than Once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was always a big ball of an unapologetic sap, so sorry not sorry. Please proceed.

A song that goes with the story, maybe? (X) 

Originally posted for the Minwoo Fest arranged by songkimstories, A Beginning of a Lifetime

 

There are things that should last until someone's very last breathe,

Like the warmth of the hand of the person that wakes you up every morning,

Like the irritating sound of him snoring in the middle of night,

Like the completeness you feel inside your heart every time he says your name,

Like keeping the vow that both of you uttered down the aisle.

Things like that should last, and probably to be kept forever.

 

 

Jinwoo rested his back on his chair contemplating what he's going to do with the bunch of e-mails sitting on his computer screen. He can't get himself excited for the tons of project coming his way. He's been a well-known Wedding Planner for 10 years already, at such a young age without even attending college, Jinwoo persevered to walk down that path, for once because it's his dream and he's probably on the top 5 of the list of people who have an unapologetic love for happy endings and weddings. Jinwoo rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hand, this is the only time he's not happy to receive an e-mail requesting for him to help the couple for their way to happily ever after.

Jinwoo sighed, scrolling through his e-mails, he saw what he's been waiting for all morning, it's already past lunch and he expected to get an e-mail every after he wakes up, sadly for today he doesn't get any, not after lunch, that is.

Sorry, I have a lot of things to do. I forgot the time. I hope you eat breakfast, though. I miss you, my fiancé.

Jinwoo smiled at the nickname, he's not used to it, but it sounds nice and sounds right; to be able to be called by someone as their fiancé and not only that he's someone's fiancé but also he's the only one to get that nickname from his boyfriend, that is now his fiancé.

 

 

The proposal is nothing monumental like those in a movie he saw for the umpteenth time that he can actually reenact some scene, but it's more of quiet and nice. Mino is fidgeting the whole ride to the restaurant, sitting beside him while Mino's driver drove them to the rest restaurant and back to Jinwoo's house. It is rare for Mino to let someone drive for them when the both of them go out, but that night seemed to be an exception. Jinwoo asked him if he's feeling okay that night, and he just nods his assurance to Jinwoo but Mino is restless the whole dinner. Jinwoo just can't bring himself to ask, for once Jinwoo watched so much drama that he's sure Mino is about to break up with him after a very nice dinner date.

When they were on Jinwoo's doorstep, he just went on and asked what's wrong with his boyfriend while his boyfriend just stutter and drop on the floor, breathing heavy. Jinwoo is about to reach him when he suddenly utter.

"Hold up. Don't move. Let me catch my breath. I'm nervous. You're making me nervous."

Jinwoo laughed, not really giving attention to what Mino just said after "I'm nervous." because everyone does nervous, expect Mino. Jinwoo knows him to be the confident and full of pride guy, in a very good way.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Do you think if I took a video of you right now and sell it to people that hates your guts, I'll get millions?" Jinwoo said, in between laugh.

"Rude. When I'm like this because I decided I just don't want to be with you."

Is he breaking up with me? Jinwoo thought, frozen in place.

"Wh.....Wha..t did you s...say?" Jinwoo whispered, almost inaudible if the man in front of him is not giving Jinwoo his undivided attention.

"I don't want to be with you?" Mino said, sounding like it's almost a question, still on his knees on the ground.

"Yea...h. Yeah, I know that. I heard that, but why?" Jinwoo whispered.

"Because I have to be with you. I woke up one day and you are not beside me and I want to be beside you at all times, but right now I have to be with you. I stop imagining myself waking up with just me, alone, in the morning, long time ago. I have to be with you, because I start imagining you waking me up in the morning, making me breakfast, kissing me goodbye before I leave and you start calling me husband. So, Kim Jinwoo I want you to marry me." Mino said fast, but comprehensible.

"Please, say something." Mino said, producing a black box from behind his back. He opened it, revealing a simple silver band ring that is too beautiful that made Jinwoo cry.

"Sorry, I'll get you one with diamonds, but you don't strike me like a diamond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter