Final

How Eclipses Came to Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Long ago, in the years behind our years, during the Han Dynasty, and far away, across the Atlantic Ocean, in Ancient China, there had lived a man by the name of Zhang Yixing. If one were to utter his name, a thousand of others would join in due to pure astonishment and admiration. If he were to walk down a street, residents would not hesitate to throw down their chopping knifes just to catch even a glimpse of his handsome features. If he ever needed to marry, without a doubt, there would be thousands of young high-class women lining up for such an honorable position; which his Grandfather, Zhang Xian, gladly and only accepted.

 

Yixing was fully aware of how he had the ability to cause such hysteria. In fact, his awareness of his place as heir to the throne of the royal family had prepared him for such occurrences. However, this fair young man was not satisfied a life, one laid out for him, for he had been hungry for true admiration, true love; something he had not been exposed to.

 

Many had believed that if he had opened up to those who had been uttering his name, those who stopped at nothing to catch a glimpse of him, those who had been lining up for the place of his wife, he would have found complete and utter satisfaction with his life.

 

Yixing, only twenty-five years into his life, would have almost gave into such beliefs if not for occurrence of an encounter between him and his family’s new slave, an utterly handsome young man, the age of twenty-one, who went by the name of Kim Junmyeon.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

When Yixing had met Junmyeon, he was contemplating around the intentions of the array of his thoughts and feelings towards this young man; who had pleased his senses and mind aesthetically and positively yet who was only a feeble, unavailing slave to his family and others. He was not sure if it was right, if he would be betraying his culture.

 

However, as time elapsed and his feelings for Junmyeon had grown larger and larger, to the point that it felt almost unbearable to keep trapped inside of his heart; he decided that his feelings would best overrule his negative thoughts, for he was sure he had found the one and he did not intend on losing him.

 

Fortunately, Junmyeon had felt the same and so they began to meet in places where no other ears could hear the whisper tone of casual confessions of their love for each other and where no other eyes could see the kisses that they had shared or rather stole from each other.

 

Little did they know, Zhang Xian had cringed at the sound of every love confession and shuddered at the sight of each and every kiss, and he was certainly not going to bare anymore of it any longer.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Slave, I need you to run me an errand, you must obey” Zhang Xian spoke with words that weren’t out of the ordinary until he continued... “or I will no longer allow you to see Yixing.”

 

Standing in Zhang Xian’s room of the Royal Zhang Family House, Junmyeon was stunned at the words he had just heard for he had never imagined nor he did he ever prepare himself for the day that his master would ever mention him and his grandson in the same sentence.

 

Shaken by his words, it took him quite a while to fully grasp the entirety of Zhang Xian’s words and what it meant. It must be a regular task, I can get it done. That’s all it took for Junmyeon to reply.

 

Although blind to Zhang Xian’s true intentions, Junmyeon bowed in agreement and Zhang Xian’s long-lasting expression of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter