Chapter 1

Your Promise

 I woke up this morning feeling sick. I ran straight to the bathroom and threw up.

"What's wrong, Jae-ah?" Murmured my fiancé, Kim Seokjin. " ugh. I don't know. I feel so sick. It's probably food poisoning." I replied, then threw up again. Lines of worry crept across his face. "Do you want Advil or something?" He asked, my hair. Ah, Seokjin. Always so helpful. "Yeah... And water please...." I murmured. Jin ran off to retrieve my Advil and water. A while later, he came back. "Here, Jae-ah." He handed me two pills and a glass of water. "Thank you so much, Jin-oppa" was all I could manage as I took the pills. Almost immediately I felt better. That's odd. 

"What did you eat last night, Jagiya?" Jin asked, looping his arm through mine so I could walk somewhat straight down the stairs. I hesitated, re-capping the night. "Uh... I went out with Park Aya... We went to a restaurant and I had steak and veggies..." I breathed, for I was exhausted. That's also very odd. Jin looked thoughtful. "And you've never gotten food poisoning in your life?" He asked, helping me sit down in a kitchen chair. "Nope. Never." I replied, leaning my head against the kitchen table, depressed. Why was I experiencing such weird emotions today? Jin smiled warmly at me."there's a first for everything." It was like he was reading my mind. What the heck? Just then, my stomach growled. Jin snickered playfully. "Anything sound good to you?" He asked, implying on what I should eat. It was weird; I suddenly had a craving for eggs. "Eggs?" I asked, grinning at him. "Sure thing, Jagiya. Anything for you." He pulled out a couple of eggs and began cooking. In a few minutes, he placed a still steaming plate of eggs in front me. I was so hungry that I just shoveled them into my mouth, not caring how hot they were. "Thanks so much, oppa." I got up and placed my dishes in the sink to wash them. Just as I was about to turn on the tap, Sokjin placed a hand on my hip gently. Don't kill yourself doing work. Go rest, love." He murmured. He kissed my cheek then shooed me away. I stuck my lower lip out, pouting. "But I want to lie down with you." I protested. He grinned mischievously. "Don't you worry. I'll be right there, love." I sighed and walked up the stairs to our bedroom, pouting. I went to the washroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. As I reached in the drawer for my brush, I accidentally pulled out a slim box of tampons. Oops. Hm... Which reminded me... What day is it? July 16. My last period was...25 days ago. Wait, 25?! It should have only been 20. Which means... "My period is 5 days late." . My period has never been late. Ever.was it possible that I was...? Oh . And the only person I've had with was "Jin!" I screamed. He was instantly by my side. I held up the box of tampons, my lower lip quivering. "...are you telling me this is an illness of PMS...?" He asked, embracing me. Oh Lord, I wish it had to do with PMS. I shook my head. "Oppa... My period is 5 days late..." I whispered, sobbing into his chest. He hesitated for a moment, then realization hit him. "Oh. No. Jaehee. You're not saying you're...." He moaned. I dropped my face into my hands. "I sure hope I'm not, Seokjin. Oh Lord. I can't be. I'm so dead." I was having a panic attack. Ah . I can't be pregnant.