Chapter 5

The Sky Isn't The Limit

SANA'S POV

Angel!!! Could it really be him??

Ehhh if it was him I could have seen him. It is not him. It can't be.

 

I cleared my head and headed back home with my mind still in confusion when suddenly someone dragged me from the back and took me to a corner.

 

Is it him Sunggyu. Did he finally decide to come back after all. Jeez I was waiting for this jerk. But I shouldn't let him know that I'm not mad so I kept an angry face when I turned to face him.

 

"So Sunggyu you....ah "

"Sunggyu??? Who is that??"

Ahhh it wasn't him. Ah why did I even think that it would be him. It's not like I wanted it to be him.

"Ahhh Sungjong it's no one....did I say Sunggyu I meant Sungjong....gyu and jong they all sound alike don't you think...hahaha."

I started to shiver and blabber crazy stuff and laugh like an idiot covering up for my mistake.

 

"Ahhh it's OK I came for a different reason. Tomorrow you are free right. "

"Yea it's a Saturday so I guess I am. "

"That's just great. "

He almost jumped with joy as he grabbed my shoulder. 

"What is it? "

"I need you for a day. "

" What?? Eh?? "

"Don't over think silly. Just meet me at the park tomorrow at 10 . Don't be late. "

"Eh? "

What did he mean by that? 

"But ..."

Just when I was going to ask him for a reason someone finds us.

"Sungjong there you are....and what are you doing to her. "

"Nothing !! "

Well anyone could misunderstand cause we were alone in a corner and his hands were on my shoulder. Worst part of all it was Myungsoo who saw me. 

"What happened is our secret. Isn't that right  Sana. "

Ehh? Is Sungjong trying to make things bad for me.

"Whatever if you are done can we go Sungjong? "

"OK!! Bye Sana don't forget OK!! "

Ahhh I thought Sungjong was trying to help me with Myungsoo. But what's this all of a sudden? 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

It's just the starting Sana . I bet by the end of tomorrow Myungsoo will fall for you. 

"So do you wanna know what happened between us? "

"Nope!! "

"Really? "

"Yes!!"

"Wow your answers are so short these days....Fine by me. "

" OK! "

"So Myungsoo do you like Sana?"

"Wait what? "

"Do you like her ? "

"Nooo why would I ? I barely know her."

"So you might if you know her a bit. "

"Why are you asking this? "

"Well I asked her out...It would be weird if you like her. "

"Asked her out?? Seriously....you??? But.. "

"What's the problem? Jealous. "

"You know the reason right?? Then why are you asking me. Anyway do what you want have fun. "

"OK I will. "

 

 

SANA'S POV

Ah I wonder he asked me out. Last time he said like Myungsoo likes me. I guess he lied to make me confess to him but what's with the sudden asking me out? Ahhh I can't think. 

I was back on my way to my home and saw a super market so stopped on the way to buy some stuff.

I can ask him why he said those stuff tomorrow but now I gotta get home fast.

 

AUTHOR'S POV

Sana bought some stuff and rushed back home with a bag full of stuff in her hand. The moment she reached home she placed and half threw the bag on the table as she looked around. She placed a piece of paper next to the bag and left to change her clothes.

The bag laid on the table half open as the bags of potato chips were filled in it. And below the bag laid the note that she left that read, ' Thank you ...I know it's you. '

 

Sana laid on her bed and sighed. Having not slept last at all she didn't even realize herself fall asleep with a smile on her face.

 

Next morning she woke up late. But since it wasn't a working day she shouldn't have freaked out but she did eventually.

"What time is it?? 9.30!! I slept well ...Ahhh...It's a Saturday anyway. I don't have school...or...."

Just then it was like something hit her head.

"Ahhh Sungjong!! I promised to meet him by 10. I'm gonna get late. "

 

Sana rushed herself in getting ready and even skipped breakfast and ran out to the door. But before she opened the door she turned to look at the table and paused for a second.

"It's still there. The bag. Wasn't it him? Is he still mad? "

She went out and ran the rest of her way before getting into the bus and finally reaching the park for her so called date.

 

SANA'S POV

Phew I made it in time but where is Sungjong?? It's already 10. I turned around to search for him at the park and saw a guy dressed in a blue shirt with a pack back, searching for someone too. It must be him. 

I went over to him and started to talk.

"Oh you were here. I was...."

Myungsoo?? Why is he here.

"Sana right!! "

"Yes. But where is Sungjong?"

"Busy! "

"What ? But he. "

"Well he said he had an emergency and asked me to take you out instead of him. "

Ah did he plan this all along? It might be to get him go out with me. Well Sungjong you could have at least told me.

"And Sana just know one thing I'm doing this just cause he asked me to OK!! Don't misunderstand."

Myungsoo was so unlike the way he was at school. Neither kind nor caring. It was so unlike the smiling side I saw in him back at school.

But if he is trying to get rid of me with this attitude it won't work. 

"So what should we do? "

"Hmmm...."

My stomach started to rumble and I bet he heard it I guess. 

"OK let's get something to eat."

I nodded and followed him. He walked pretty fast and I was just following him. We had some food and continued to stroll in the park. 

I spotted someone selling ice cream and I really do love them so I decided to buy some for both of us. I bought a few popsicles and turned around to find him but he was missing. I kept the popsicles in my bag and searched for him.

Where did he run off to?

 

AUTHOR'S POV

Sana went on looking for him and finally stopped him sitting alone in a bench listening to his mp3 player.

She went near him sat near him but didn't move an inch. Myungsoo noticed her at first but continued ignoring her till he got annoyed.

 

"Hey you !!! Aren't you mad that I ruined your day. "

"Not really. It wasn't such a bad day. "

"Suit yourself. "

They both remained silent for a while more till Myungsoo began to speak again.

"That day what were you trying to say? "

Sana's eyes widened not knowing how to escape from this situation any more.

"Well I ..."

"Hmm just save it. After seeing me like this you might not like me anymore. You girls are the same. I knew it the moment I helped you there you would fall all over me. "

"You think started liking you since then? "

"Yea isn't it obvious or you one of those fan girls even before that. "

" No offense but I didn't like you at the beginning. "

Myungsoo got surprised in hearing that and turned and faced her as she continued to speak. 

Sana took her bag and reached out to take something as she spoke.

"Well you see I was nothing like I am now. My parents left me here alone and left the states so you could say that I was this angry kid mad at everyone. Kind of a loner. And seeing you smile and have everyone stick around you made me hate you ."

" Ah I didn't know that. Then what changed you?"

" It was you!!"

"Me? "

"Yup I realised that you were just like me. That your smile was fake. One day I saw you cry alone. "

Myungsoo's eyes widened as he turned and faced her. 

"You saw me ..."

He looked down on the bench and noticed that Sana placed about 10 flavoured popsicles on the bench. He looked surprised and looked at her with surprise.

"You remember these don't you... ?"

"That was you? "

"Yea. When I saw you cry you made me realize something. Even if that smile was a fake you were a much better person than me, hiding your pain rather than showing it on others. I guess I was grateful for you then but didn't know how to make you stop crying. So I bought as many flavoured popsicles they sold and kept it near you and left before you saw me."

" It worked!!"

"Eh??"

" I did stop crying after that. "

"Well that made me more happier. So it was since then I liked you. Probably cause I share the same feeling as you do. Although I don't know why you cried maybe just a one day fight or something big still you unknowingly helped me."

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you the reason. Just that it's not some small fight anyway."

Sana looked down for a second and turned to him and smiled.

"Hey let's eat it or it will melt."

"By the way why did you buy so many back then and even now. "

"Well...I don't know which flavour you like."

"Seriously that's the reason? "

Sana nodded and Myungsoo almost exploded into a laugher.

"You are funny you know that. "

Sana smiled back seeing him laugh out loud for the first time.

Myungsoo picked a popsicle and began to tear up the cover.

"I like strawberry !! "

Sana turned to him with a pout.

"But that's my favourite too. "

Sana did buy one of each but he ended up picking the one she wanted to eat so bad. 

"Too bad it's mine.. "

"OK let's play for it. Maybe rock paper scissors."

"No wait lets make it interesting. We got many other popsicles right."

Sana nodded.

"So you like lime?"

"Well nope it's sour."

"Same here I don't like it either. So let's do an eating competition for the rest 8. Who finishes first gets to choose between strawberry or lime. The other gets stuck with the other. Ok?"

"Deal but I eat quite fast ok "

"Start!!"

"Hey you can't start without a warning. "

Myungsoo started eating and Sana followed neither of them backed. After just one both paused getting a brain freeze but still 3 more to go. Myungsoo reached his last one but Sana was stuck at her third one. Myungsoo paused and smiled seeing Sana eat so messily not caring how messy she looked. But he didn't stop he took one more bite and ate the whole thing. Sana saw herself get defeated by the time she just began her last one.

Sana continued with her last one as she sulked and Myungsoo couldn't stop but smile.

"I won! Now I can pick anyone I like."

Myungsoo picked one and got up started to walk.

Sana saw him get up so picked up the only popsicle left and got up and ran close to him but then all of a sudden I paused seeing it.

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV

I was on my last popsicle. I looked at her she was half the ice that melted on her fingers and she was so busy trying to beat me. But I won't let go that easily even she is the person I was searching for all along. Maybe Sungjong already knew it was her. That was probably why he kept saying I like her. Not knowing who it was I did like her and now knowing who she is I think I love her. 

I took the last bite and belated her. I really wanted to see her face when she lost. She began to sulk so I decided to get up after picking my popsicle. I didn't say that the winner gets the strawberry I said that the winner can pick. So I pick lime. I took it and walked ahead.

I waited for her to see that and smile and call my name out loud. I want to hear her shout aloud. From her voice I want to hear her call me Myungsoo.

"Myungsoooooooooooo"

Finally she said it. I turned around to see her smiling face but that's not what I saw. She looked paralysed and shocked as much as I was when I saw it. A sign board next by broke one of it's legs. It was falling on her...on my Sana. Even before I could tell her how I felt. 

"Sanaaaaaaaaa. "