Final

I Miss You

"Where do you want to go now?" Hoseok asked, holding Taehyung's hand. They had just left the arcade and Hoseok had won a stuffed elephant from one of the games. He was holding it in his arm and Taehyung looked over at him and smiled when he saw Hoseok burying his face in the elephants stomach.

 

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked and chuckled after the question. Hoseok looked at him with wide eyes and laughed obnoxiously when he realized Taehyung saw him.

 

Hosoek had quickly made something up. "Oh, I was just tickling my elephant~" Taehyung snorted and kissed Hoseok's cheek. "Whatever you say, Silly." Hoseok grinned at him.

 

Taehyung pushed the crosswalk button and they waited another minute to cross. Once they started crossing the street, they heard people yelling, but they didn't pay attention to what they were saying and they looked to their left to see a car coming straight for them and a the loud breaks. But they didn’t have enough time to run. They screamed and stood there…

 

A few hours later the both of them were lying on the hospital beds. The rest of the group was surrounding them. They all had worried looks on their faces. Jungkook and Jimin were both sobbing on the chair in the front while Yoongi was pacing back and forth covering his face with this hand. Jin was crying and sitting next to Namjoon while he tried to comfort Jin. While Namjoon was comforting him, he was also trying his best not to cry.

 

An hour later, they were all sitting in the waiting room and the doctor walks out to tell them the news. The doctor looked at them with a displeased look. "I'm sorry.." He said. None of them knew exactly what he was talking about, but they all had a clue. "Taehyung… didn't make it.." He finished.

 

Their faces went pale. What did Hoseok think? Is Hoseok even okay? "Hoseok is, in fact, okay. You can come see him if you'd like." They all bowed and followed him. Namjoon mumbling, "Thank you, Doctor." as they follow him to the room where the bandaged man lays.

 

They all walk in and Hoseok smiles at them. He tried to wave, but wasn't able to lift his hand up all the way. "Hi, Hoseok." Jimin mumbles with a monotone voice. They all bow 90 degrees for him. Hoseok looked around and saw Taehyung wasn't in the room anymore. "W-where's Taehyung..?" He asked in a quiet voice. Namjoon walked over and looked at him. "Hoseok.." A doctor walked in and handed them Jin something. It was the elephant. He smiled and remembered he threw it away from him before they were hit. Jin brought it over to him and set it on his bed. He looked so happy.. They didn’t want to ruin it for him. He looked back at Namjoon. "Hoseok," he paused to think of what to say. "Taehyung.. didn’t make it." Hoseok's eye widened. "W-what?" He nearly yelled. He looked at the elephant and threw it. "What do you mean he didn't make it?" His voice sounded angry and worried.

 

Namjoon apologized. Hoseok just stares at the ceiling with a blank look. "Why couldn’t I go with him?"

 

"Because we would miss you, too. Our fans would miss you." Yoongi blurted out. Hoseok sighed as a tear fell form him face. Hoseok looked back at the ceiling and whispered, "I'll miss you a lot, Taehyung."

 

It's been a few months since Taehyung left us, but Hoseok has stayed strong. For the group, for the fans.. For Taehyung. He was resting on his bed and rolled over. There was the elephant. He missed Taehyung. His eyes watered and a tear fell onto his pillow. "I miss you so much, Taehyung. It's unbelievable."