Part 01

This Little Thing Called Love ∞
Please log in to read the full chapter

Saturday was never Myungsoo's favorite day. He didn't like the idea of waking up early when there was no school. Not that he preferred waking up early for school. The idea of helping his mom with customers wasn't the worst of it. In fact, he would be happy to help. After all, Myungsoo was a good son. 

The worst of it, was the fact that he would have to deal with his brother. Or, bother, in this case. The boy was practically a devil's child. Even though, Myungsoo was older, Moonsoo would always pick on him. It used to upset him, but not anymore. 

The best the younger could do nowadays, was get Myungsoo all worked up to the point where he'd tackle him. After the very first time that had happened, Moonsoo hadn't annoyed him as much anymore. Perhaps, he was afraid of getting another black eye.

 

Myungsoo was in the kitchen, cutting up carrots. His mother was frying something which smelt extremely like onions. And as for Moonsoo. He was sitting on top of the counter, leisurely flipping through the pages of a comic book.

"How has school been, Myungsoo?" Asked the kind voice of his mother.

"School's okay… Nothing changed much." The older boy replied softly.

"And how is Jongie?" She asked. "Are you two in the same class this year?"

"Yeah… With Dongjun and Chulyong."

"I see. I'm glad you boys still get along." His mother sang, with a hint of smile, while turning off the stove. Before Myungsoo could speak, Moonsoo had already beat him there.

"It's not like hyung have a choice, mom." He said without looking up from his book, and snorted. "Who would want to be friends with him? I don't." Just as the words came out of the younger's mouth, he earned himself a loud slap on the shoulder.

Myungsoo quickly dodged as Moonsoo tried to hit him back. As a result, the older grabbed a handful of sliced cucumbers, and threw them at his brother. Before Moonsoo could reach for the carrots, their mother stepped between them.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop it." She turned to the youngest of them. "Drop the carrots."  And then turned towards her oldest son. "Put down the cucumbers."

 

A thin figure wandered contentedly down the empty street, with a cone of ice cream in his hand. After the battle in the kitchen ended, his mother had shooed him and his brother away. So, before he was able to kill anyone, Myungsoo treated himself to ice cream in order to calm his nerves.

As he strolled closer to the coffee shop, he noticed that the area wasn't completely empty. A person was heading in his direction, from afar, and it seemed to be a girl. He shrugged, since he didn't know who she was.

Myungsoo choked on his ice cream, as the door to the coffee shop suddenly swung open, almost hitting him in the face. He stumbled backwards, glaring at the person that came out of it. But however, his growing irritation immediately disappeared.

A strangled cough escaped his throat, as the person gave him a bright smile, making Myungsoo blushed. Then, all of a sudden, he offered him a can of soda. 

"Thirsty?" When Myungsoo remained frozen, he nodded at him encouragingly. Myungsoo hesitantly took it. The grinning boy chuckled quietly, before turning arou

Please log in to read the full chapter