One

Conceivably

Jeon Jeongguk was usually very confident regarding his abilities. 
Sure, he at a few school subjects and maybe those boring, repetitive TV quizzes (he calls them old people entertainment), but those were the things he didn't give a flying about. If there was anything, even slightly, triggering his interest - he'd master it right away.
It was the way he dealt with things: quick, efficient and thorough.
Bad days weren't really a part of his schedule and he trained himself to manage uneasiness with sleep.
Mistakes at the vocal practice? Sleep it off. School giving him trouble? Good night. Disappointment, fear, insecurity? Bed, blanket and a pillow.
So today, when he suddenly can't rest his whirling mind, he's, truth to be told, panicking like a little kid on their first day of kindergarten.
And it feels quite similar too, he doesn't know what to do next, or what he could possibly think of - this is not his field and he's not liking it one bit.
So he tries with some soothing music from Namjoon's iPod and a few pull-ups to tire him out, he even counts from a hundred back in a muffled whisper, but nothing seems to blank him out. Soon, his brain will overheat, or so he feels.

Because today, at lunch break, he's been asked a certain question which he can't possibly erase from his mind - and the level of stress that's been caused by it is giving him a tragic headache.
He was eating his vitamin-shock salad, contemplating on ways to build up his calorie intake without increasing the fats, completely lost in thought with numbers and calculation, Taehyung's hand tapping on his knee in a rhythm that helped him multiply the protein percentages - when Jimin dropped the question mark. 
It was just the three of them in the room, one too many for Jeongguk's liking - and if he could turn back time - he'd split in a second just to avoid it.
But he couldn't. 
So Jimin cleared his throat for attention and he swirled the chopsticks in his hand out of eagerness, his eyes wandering around the room, his food barely touched.
Of course, at the time, Jeongguk didn't register any of it, if he did, maybe he'd react differently - he considers now.

-

"So, um, guys?" Jimin starts carefully but neither one of his supposed conversational partners gives him a verbal answer.
Taehyung takes one earphone out and lifts his eyebrow while Jeongguk only entrusts him a look that says I'm listening. 
"Yeah, um, it's totally okay if you don't wanna talk about this but like...uh" he stops once more to look away and scratch his head nervously, which draws full attention from both of the boys in front of him now.
Taehyung grimaces at the thought of not being able to talk about something with Jimin, his best friend, so he very obviously contemplates on whether or not to usher him to just say it, but still decides not to.
"Yeah...I'll just ask I guess." Jimin restarts "What exactly is, you know, up, with the two of you?" 

The "two of them" look at each other, both frowning in confusion, then giving the same look to Jimin, apparently waiting for him to elaborate.
Instead, he just raises his eyebrows, interlacing his fingers in his lap, intensifying the whole waiting-atmosphere.
"Wh-, what do you mean Jimin, what's up with us?" Jeongguk is obviously impatient so he talks first.
"That's what I'm asking you, you guys know that I'm your closest friend, I just really feel like I should know these things, I mean if you want to tell me, just a headline would be good too, I just-"
"Jimin?" Taehyung interrupts
"Yeah?"
"What are you talking about dude? Did I do something? Did we do something?" He motions with his hand between Jeongguk and him, obviously bewildered.
"What? No, oh my god, did I beat around the bush too much? No, oh god, I mean between you guys, are you.. are you still friends? You know?" - Jimin blurts out the unclear question.
"Of course we're friends, what the , Jimin, you can clearly see us getting along as usual, you know I tell you whenever something happens and-"
"Yeah, yeah I know all that" - now Jimin is the one to interrupt Taehyung - "But I don't want to be third-wheeling you guys, do you get where I'm coming from? Are you guys still just friends? That's my question." 

"What...?" Taehyung removes his hand from Jeongguk's knee almost instantly, reflex-like, leaning in towards Jimin over the table.
Jeongguk doesn't really react in an obvious manner - only his eyes widening but his body staying still. 
And Jimin doesn't feel the need to reply, certain that he came through with his point - he only waits for an answer.
Taehyung throws a half-panicked, half-scandalized look to Jeongguk for a second then turns back to Jimin before frowning again and his lips in concentration.
"Jimin. How did you come to this conclusion?"

Jeongguk is pretty shocked himself but at this moment all he's thinking about is how coolly Taehyung is handling such an, evidently awkward, moment.
He always appreciated Taehyung's easygoing personality, in situations like these especially.
When he'd rather not speak but there was always Taehyung to take it on instead.

"It's.. it's not a conclusion, it's a doubt. I'd rather ask than, you know, wonder."
"Yes and I appreciate that, just, why'd you even speculate on something like this?" 
Taehyung is so formal, it's almost fictional, Jeongguk thinks. It's rare to see him in all of his seriousness and, as usual, only Jimin can bring it out.

"Why? You guys are always together, and I mean always? And Jeongguk sleeps in your lap during every rehearsal pause and you feed him your food and he feeds you his and what you were doing just now, those, I guess, subtle gestures? Yeah they're not so subtle, like, your hand spends half of its lifetime in his hair. Do I really need to just list things? You guys are just incredibly close and that's great, you know, I just wanna know!" 

Jeongguk still has no reaction and in a way he feels like he isn't really a part of this conversation. He always feels like that in this particular trio.
He loves them both but somehow he just zones out intentionally whenever the two of the other boys start conversing.
Instead of paying actual attention to whatever discussion this is turning into, he thinks about everything Jimin just poured into their plates.
Obviously, his assumption is wrong and that's nothing he has to worry about, Taehyung will explain it thoroughly.
But do they really seem like there's something going on? Is something going on? He doesn't think so.
But does he really sleep in his friend's lap that much? That's not something he ever noticed.
And is Taehyung really touching his hair in such a noticeable way, that information wows him! It was such a casual gesture in his opinion, something subtle and spontaneous, Taehyung was always touchy to everyone, wasn't he?
He continues trailing on his thought chain until Taehyung's voice pulls him out of it abruptly -
"Jeongguk, would be cool if you'd weigh in, yeah?"
And his voice is still warm and pleasant, even with annoyance clearly indicated in his wording.
"Uh yeah!" Jeongguk straightens his back a little bit "Yeah, Jimin, I, I mean we, we.. have no idea where this came from, you're off dude, yeah."
"Jesus, Jeongguk, saying yes would be more convincing than this assembly of words." Taehyung jokes in pretend-lethargic tone and it cracks Jimin up instantly. 
"Anyway, Jims, no third-wheeling concerns or whatever nonsense you've just spilled, if I were to date Jeongguk or, I mean, any boy, uh, girl, anyone, you'd be the first to know!" 
"Okay, okay, good!" Jimin shouts dramatically, putting his hands up in a I rest my case manner before pausing for a bit and tilting his head, his eyes squinted - . Then he adds lightly - "A boy though, really?" 
He asks it in a purely curious manner, and Jeongguk is somehow thankful for his forthrightness.
He always thought it was amazing how the two of them talked in such a natural way, saying or asking whatever crosses their mind at the given second.
"I guess, yeah? Boys are cool." Taehyung replies chewing on a walnut, shrugging his shoulders.
"That's cool." Jimin agrees. 

And that's it, just like that. Jeongguk can't fully grasp it.
Isn't something like this supposed to be an issue bigger than just a chill "cool"? Not that he thinks it's very surprising or something worth having conversations over but their friend just told them something seemingly big and yet the two of them can make everything seem so casual. He wishes he could have that ability. Maybe that's why he usually tunes out on conversations with them both, he could never match up to the relaxed atmosphere surrounding every topic they tackle, he's just too thoughtful, probably. 

"Oh, Jeongguk?" - Jimin pulls him out of his internal monologue.
"Hm? yeah?" He widens his eyes, one of his undying habits to subtle surprises.
"How about you then?"
"Me? Me what?"
"Boys? Yes or no?"
Jimin spits it like it's nothing yet again. And Jeongguk can feel Taehyung turning towards him slightly, peripheral vision catching his friend's gaze. 
He steals a glance from Taehyung too, only to catch him focusing, his eyebrows high up whilst indifferently off the remaining of ice cream from a red plastic spoon.
Even panicked, Jeongguk still lets himself get shocked at the way they just participate in this discussion like its a grocery shopping debate.
Thankfully, though, the atmosphere is usually more comfortable because of it so he makes a great effort to fit into it.
But has he really found a final answer to this question? Probably not.

"Um, maybe? I don't know, yeah, conceivably I guess." 
Taehyung chuckles right away - "Conceivably" he imitates in a ridiculous tone.
"No worries kiddo, you're still like 13 anyway." Jimin throws in while stealing the last carrot from Jeongguk's plate, kicking him under the table for reassurance.
"Yeah.." Jeongguk replies with no interest in furthering the conversation and shortly after Taehyung's hand finds its way onto his knee, patting it in a new rhythm that calms him down for a while.

-

 For a while, but not permanently. Because at this hour Jeongguk doesn't know if he can think of any other way to calm his own self other than forcing his friend to nurture him like a five year old, but he's well aware of the fact that it'd be kind of rude to wake someone up at 4 am asking for petting.
Still, a talk seems like a more reasonable cause - so he decides to roll Taehyung out of bed anyway. 

But what is he going to say, he wonders? He should at least know what he needs to tell him, and yet - he has no idea.
He could start with explaining that Jimin's questions left him unsettled, but when Taehyung asks why, what the is he going to say?
"I don't know haha, fondle me to sleep" ? Not a deal maker. 

But Jeongguk was never a deep talker, and this is so, so difficult.
That's nothing new though, it's much worse how he can't figure it out himself either.

He doesn't think he minds Jimin's assumption one bit, Taehyung and him, he's seen love stories written about it online (in about 25 languages), so that was dealt with quickly, as he prefers, done and settled.
And then Taehyung went on with his yeah boys are cool - thing, which he has yet to think about, but why couldn't he properly answer the question that was directed to him?
And why does it somehow has less to do with the content of it and more with his own uncertainty?
He's used to having facts laid down in front of him at any given moment, this issue kind of messes his routine up.


God damn it, he gives up, he can't figure it out alone this time. God damn it, God damn it, God damn it!

"Tae? Taehyung?" He whispers shyly, tip-toeing beside his friend's bunk bed.
He, of course, knows that Taehyung is a deep sleeper, ear plugs and blindfold included, but he just incorporates gradation into everything by habit.

After a minute of useless name-calling - he finally decides it's not gonna work. Carefully, he reaches out with his hand, bopping Taehyung's nose a few times.
It doesn't really work either, but he still keeps doing it just for fun. He was always fond of his friend's nose, envious even, finding his own too big at times.
And then there was always the freckle, placed so cutely and precisely. Ah yes, he liked that freckle a lot, unique charms are always the best attributes, he thinks. Regardless, he moves on. Remembering that Taehyung's fairly ticklish - he goes for the strike attack.
His fingers barely even brush against the outline of Taehyung's jaw and it's working out in a second. 

Taehyung's whole face wrinkles up and he twitches his shoulder towards his ear in a heartbeat, squeezing Jeongguk's hand into his neck. 
"O-ouch" Jeongguk half-whispers, half-hisses and Taehyung lazily sits up, pulling his ear plugs out.
"Jeongguk?" He groans, still partially asleep, removing his blindfold off of his sleepy peer.
"Shhh, keep it down!" Jeongguk motions with a finger over his lips
"Wh...what time is it?" Taehyung almost moans the words out, eyes closed.
"There's still hours until schedule, come join me in the recording room. Please."
"Uh yeah..yeah, okay, coming.."

-

"Don't tell me you want to record, please, I sound worse than my grandpa's '58 field truck at the moment." he utters, rubbing his eyes as he drags himself in the room. 
Possibly (conceivably) Jeongguk would laugh at this remark, but now he's just nervously spinning in Yoongi's new leather chair, biting his lip for the XYth time.
"Uh, not exactly? No.." he mutters
"Oh so a snack sneak-out? I had a pretty heavy dinner though but yeah sure let me just-" 
"No, no!! No.. I..I wanna talk, is that okay?"
"You..wait, what?!" Taehyung is suddenly wide awake, eyes widening too, settling for the chair right next to Jeongguk.
"Yeah, I-"
"Jeongguk, Jeon Jeongguk wants to talk. At 4:30 am. Honestly?"
"I think so, yeah."
"WAIT!" Taehyung practically shrieks, standing up suddenly, making Jeongguk jump back in surprise -"Wait, there's nothing wrong right? You're okay everything's okay? Is everything okay Jeongguk??"
"Yes!! Yes, yes, everything's fine, I'm fine everyone's fine!"
"Oh thank god.." Taehyung exhales loudly before sitting back.
"Jesus, Taehyung..."
"Hey!! Last time YOU wanted to talk - you were covering up for Namjoon foaming cheap soju up his throat, one day before our concert, so don't you give me that look!"
"Well... I guess that's true.."
"What a night that was... Anyway, what's up early bird?"
"Okay, I'm, um, not entirely sure but can I just ask you to not ask too many questions.. please?"
"No questions." Taehyung nods mechanically.
"Okay. And.." Jeongguk reaches for Taehyung's hand, which leaves the other boy surprised for a moment, putting it gently on his leg as he pretzels up into a tailor sit.
Taehyung then takes notice immediately, pretend-playing a percussion instrument on Jeongguk's calf. 
"Mmh, say it?" He ushers with a bit of worry seasoning his tone.

"Yeah, I couldn't really fall asleep tonight. I think... I think the events from lunch kind of keep me awake and I wasn't sure if I wanted to discuss it, you know, so.."
"Why not though? It's always best to talk it out!"
"Yeah, well.. Me being me and all."
"Sure. So what's bothering you?" 
Jeongguk thinks Taehyung could probably guess it within a minute and yet he always pretends like he ain't got a clue. He remembers, once, Taehyung told him that assumptions create unnecessary thought processing so he figures it's just simple caution.
Yet he reaches - "Uh I was hoping you could tell me.. or you know, help.."

"Is it Jimin examining the relationship between the two of us? Because don't worry, it's Jimin, you know, he doesn't talk around about rumors or whatever that's why he came to us and yeah.."

"No..Taehyung.. I really don't care."
"You don't?" he asks but not very surprised, just mannered.
"No.. it's the other thing."
"Oh."
"Yeah, I'm not, uh, very sure of how I felt about..when he asked me and..yeah.." Jeongguk almost stutters here so he cuts the sentence in half.
"Ah baby.." Taehyung pet-names him warmly "was that question on your mind a lot, or?"
"Not very much before, no? Now it is.."
"Is it the "maybe" that's ing you up?" Taehyung shoots back with confidence in his guessing skills.
"Very badly yeah.."
"Well, you've always been bad with the indefinite."

Jeongguk thinks about it for a second, then concludes that Taehyung's right, it really is a trait of his.
"I guess so...I can't place it exactly.."
"I'll place it for you, if you want!" Taehyung stands up right away, ready for his semi-theatrical stunt.
"The placement's pretty obvious buddy! You don't work with probability, it's always black or white for you. Like the way you give 100% of yourself during practice you weigh the same 100% into everything, no splitting, don't you?"
"Do I?"
"Yeah. You love it or you hate it. You do it thoroughly or not at all. And then Jimin said yes or no and you gave him a maybe. Isn't that frustrating?"
And now this gets Jeongguk going. He's not even upset anymore, he's annoyed.
"It honestly is, what the , it's so unnerving? Why is it even a big deal, I watched you answer the same question and you just..you just? How do you do that??" Jeongguk gets up himself now, resting his hands behind his head as he stares into the ceiling, completely distressed.

"That's just because I don't care about any kind of labeling, yes?" Taehyung almost whistles, walking up behind Jeongguk with great agility.
"But you can't choose that, some people just get worked up over stuff and then just-"
"No, no, no." Taehyung soothes him, reaching up for Jeongguks interlaced hands, then putting them down.
"None of this staying up bull is going to do you good unless you just," -Taehyung proceeds to rub his hands up and down Jeongguk's spine - ", relax, ease out, yeah?"
"Mhh, yeah.." Jeongguk eases out alright, warmth spreading through his nerves like therapy.
"Do you know what the deal is, like, do you need to answer it to yourself to feel good about it?" Taehyung slips in the question, hands going back to where they apparently stay too much, according to Jimin.
Rubbing the nape of Jeongguk's neck then running his fingers through the younger boy's hair in a movement so well practiced - it almost feels home-like.
And the only reason Taehyung started nuzzling Jeongguk the way he always does nowadays was his never-ending anxiety about this and that, always creeping up into his head. Only, before - he'd never want to talk about it, so Taehyung just decided to treat him like he treats his kitten back home. Anyone feels better when they feel care around themselves - words or no words, he thinks. 
And Jeongguk, apparently, took quite a liking to it eventually, letting Taehyung cuddle up all the stress and throw it out the window. It worked out.

"Answer to myself?" Jeongguk echoes
"Yeah? You know.. get straight with yourself about the issue. Or..not straight.. whatever" 
"Taehyung..."
"What's the issue anyway? You don't know if you like boys?"
"Can you..not speak of it so..directly.."
"Sure. Coded. Gotcha." Taehyung "draws" a checkmark on Jeongguk's back with his finger a few times.
"So it's that?" Taehyung continues, and Jeongguk is so happy about not having to face him during this conversation.
He wonders if Taehyung did it on purpose - helped him out. (He did.)

"Yeah.. you got it right I guess. I just want to be sure I think."
"You're sure about the other team though?"
"I..I think so?"
"Quick!! think of Nicole Scherzinger and tell me what happens down there!"
Jeongguk laughs full-heartedly and Taehyung takes notice of how his shoulders shake throughout, his white T emphasizing the movement. 
The thought leads Taehyung further into analyzing Jeongguk's sleeping attire and he wonders how many times he had already thought to himself that those gray sweatpants are the worthiest item his friend possesses. If he looked the same way in them, he'd never take them off. 

"Yeah I mean, I had girlfriends and it was all good. Down there as you please."
"And now you need a test drive for the other squad? Yeah, practice-over-theory ideology, ain't it?" Taehyung laughs melodically.
"That sounds...terrible. And also impossible." 
"Impossible? In the kpop industry, Jeongguk? All those metroual men. Guess what, a little less metro and a little more-"
"Taehyung!!" Jeongguk cracks up again "I'm not sure if I want to consider this."
"I'm serious though, Jokwon's been batting his mascara topped eyelashes at you ever since that marry marry Christmas shoot baby."
"!! Oh my god, I'm not very interested in 60+." Jeongguk continues laughing, the pet name echoing in his head all the while (once again).
He can sense Taehyung walking in small circles behind him, he always does that habitually, and he leans further more onto the spinning chair.
"Do I do that really, though?" He asks after a moment of silence and Taehyung whistles at the boldness.
"So you have someone in mind then?" He teases.
"What? I..no, I didn't mean it like that,"
"I can see you blushing from here!" Taehyung bites.


"Thanks for the help though, and waking up and...everything, yeah." Jeongguk muffles the words, concentrating on picking on a small piece of cotton sticking out of the chair seat.
"I didn't help though." Taehyung says, walking over to see what occupied Jeongguk's attention. 
"Well, I mean, you listened and.." Jeongguk finally straightens up, finding Taehyung's hands resting on the back of the same chair, locking him up in a besieged manner, half an inch between them.
"I can try to help though. I mean, if you want.
"Be my match maker? Please, knowing you - I'll end up grinding up to Hoseok in MCD's hall-bathroom."
"Savage." Taehyung fakes scandal with his tone, gasping afterwards.

"No, Jeongguk, I was thinking more like, individually, yeah?" 
"What?!" Jeongguk cluelessly laughs through his question at what Taehyung sways away from him and comes to face him.
And he thinks its fun, the way Jeongguk's open mouthed smile gradually fades into a face of utter confusion.
"Scary?" He smirks at him, his eyes shaping into crescents, as pure as ever.
"Uh? B-baffling?" Jeongguk goes back to his deer-like state instantly.
"Oh, how's that possible?" He adds irony to his question "I think it's very 'Uh?' L-lucid." Taehyung teases, practically dancing around Jeongguk, making him more nervous with every next twirl.


"See, the thing is, Jeongguk, it's very easy on us all, this thing where - you don't really have to, you know, like-like someone for them to get you all..um, coded, right? High temperature, let's say."  
Taehyung tugs on Jeongguk's shirt as he says it, pulling it back and forth for the fake cooling effect. 


"You're...serious?" Jeongguk finally asks, stepping back a little to lean onto the desk behind him, balance guaranteed.
"Oh chill dude, it's a proposition not a wicked plan." Taehyung steps back too, keeping the pressure off.
"But I mean.." - Jeongguk starts - "you're not confused, why would you want to play around with.. uh, me?" 
Taehyung just giggles at this, as if finding it cute.
"The mirror's right on that wall behind me Jeon. Besides, I like to believe that you're not either."
"I'm not either...what?"
"Confused, silly." Taehyung answers with a subtle wink.

"Look, since only spelled-out works for you, forget the coded - I like you, you get that? I enjoy being your friend but also cuddling up in the car on our way back to the dorm. And I like when you carry me around for fun and I like to pinch your elephant thighs and when you steal glances at me, and I know you do, I love it too. I like all that stuff which, I guess, means I like you."

"You..like me?" Jeongguk continues right away.

"Yeah. I don't mind if you don't feel the same way or you don't know what you feel or you're just indifferent, whatever it is, I'm okay with some messing around, helping you see where you stand, yeah?" Taehyung finishes coolly, as usual, taking a step forward as he asks the question.
"Yeah." is all Jeongguk says
"Yeah?" Another step forward from Taehyung.
"Y-yeah." This is already a stuttering distance for Jeongguk.
"Okay.." Taehyung confirms too in a lingering whisper, now barely inches from the other boy's face.

And it takes them a while, it does. Some staring and some panicked blinking, sweaty palms and reddened ears (all mostly applied to only one of them), but after a good minute - both of them leap towards each other, basically frolicking into each other's embrace.
It's messy because neither one of them really think about what they're doing, Taehyung goes for Jeongguk's neck, his fingers wrapping around it perfectly as soon as he hopped into it - and Jeongguk, who initially went for the same thing, ended up just clattering, hands chaotic and clueless in Taehyung's locks.
But as Jeongguk pulls him in more with the accidental hair tugging, Taehyung gets into it as planned - strategically.
The whole adventure, initially, should be Jeongguk centered, so he decides to leave him doubtless after this.
He kisses him with fire, keeps one of his hands up, thumb brushing back and forth behind Jeongguk's ear, but lets his other hand travel around, no road signs consulted.
He touches him everywhere, his shoulder, arm, abs, back, lower back and then lower-lower, which gets Jeongguk flustered more than he could imagine.
In the heat of the moment he decides to get Taehyung acquainted with his incitement, lowering his hands down around Taehyung's waist and crashing his hips onto his own, obvious and unswerving.
Taehyung isn't surprised, but he's glad, pushing Jeongguk back onto the desk - he grinds against Jeongguk violently, earning breath shortage from him right away. And so the kiss breaks for the first time - and Taehyung is shaking in Jeongguk's hold, because it's never been like this, Jeongguk has never held him, caressed him, touched him, got close. It was one-way all this time. And it's so overwhelming that he can't stand still, and Jeongguk doesn't know what it means.
Instinctively he just holds Taehyung closer, bowing down to leave kisses on all the cute spots he can think of.
Taehyung's earlobe, the tip of his nose, his chin and his shoulder, and then, ultimately, he searches for Taehyung's hand too, leaving pecks on his wrists and knuckles.
He thinks it's kind of funny too, he went into it as a scaredy-cat but took initiative as soon as Taehyung dropped the dominance, much like it is in everyday situations too, in his opinion.
He'd be the kid until Taehyung gets weak - then he'd play the protector and he'd do it well. Maybe that's why this crazy stunt kind of works out too.


"I'm..uh..t-trem..bling" Taehyung breathes out in between sloppy kisses and Jeongguk sneaks in a muffled "I know" somewhere too.

-

When both of them are out of breath and cardio-terrorized, Taehyung turns around and leans into Jeongguk first, breathing so heavy it's almost a dance.
Then, since Jeongguk is way too lethargic all over again - Taehyung finds the other boy's hands and puts his arms around himself.
Completely leaned in he can obviously feel the result of the experiment, so he giggles quietly and taps on Jeongguk's thigh a few times -
"I guess now you know, champ." 
"Yeah." - Jeongguk starts indifferently - "..maybe, I'm still not that sure." - he laughs throughout his own joke.
"Nice try." - Taehyung laughs too, the way he always does, the giddiness echoing through the whole room - "This was a one-time trial, you just used your ticket up."
"Yeah, alright." is all Jeongguk throws back, as usual.

"Schedule in an hour, we should go get some sleep." Taehyung states, after a few minutes have passed, tugging onto Jeongguk's wrist.
"My room's that way." Jeongguk comments on the direction Taehyung's taking him in.
"You really don't ever get anything, do you?" Taehyung snorts.
"Oh." Now Jeongguk is back to his blushy-self but Taehyung ignores it this time.

They barely fit the bed, but Taehyung enjoys it ten times more for that reason solely. He curls up into Jeongguk's chest and insists on tangling their legs for the - as much skin on skin - as he can get, and Jeongguk doesn't mind it all that much.
He sleeps on his side anyway and having the smell of Taehyung's hair so close and prominent definitely isn't a con.  
Both of them, of course, forget to set the alarm and they're only lucky Jimin's the one who cares enough to wake them up.

"So, just friends, yeah?" He shoots a quirky look to them both as they unravel from each other's hold. 
"Group comrades and business partners, Sir!" Taehyung shouts monotonously before running into the bathroom. 
"Hey!!" - Jeongguk yells - "I called dibs on the first shower!"
"The door's unlocked comrade!" Taehyung shouts from behind the door - and when Jimin gives him a wiggly eyebrow, Jeongguk flushes ten shades of red again.
 
Jimin responds to his tinted cheeks with a whistle interpretation of the "Friends" theme song and when Jeongguk aims for his head with a slipper, the last thing he hears is a desperate "Ouch!!" before he goes on and takes that companionship, water-saving offer.