Chapter Two

Bad Blood

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized immediately.

"You're the new girl, right?" The guy asked.

I'm the only girl here. What are you? Stupid? Idiotic?

"Watch where you're going. You wouldn't want to get in trouble on your first day, now would you?" He smirked and walked away.

"Who does he think he is?" I mumbled to myself.

"Oh, you mean Kris?"

I turned around and saw my locker neighbor.

"He's part of this group called EXO. They basically rule the school." He explained.

"So that's what he meant. Thanks for explaining, I was really lost there." I thanked and rushed to class.

I didn't have any problems until 5th period: lunch.

I didn't know where to sit, I was just wandering around until I saw a half-empty or half-full table. I sat down and just ate my mille crepe. Then, I threw my stuff away and returned to my seat. No leaving the cafeteria during lunch. It's a policy they have.

I sat back down with nothing to do. The majority of the students were on their phones, so I cautiously took mine out. I was about to plug in my earphones but then I heard an uproar of people screaming. It was like re-living my nightmare, but in school.

"What's that about?" I questioned.

The guys sitting next to me said, "Probably just another fight."

I really need to stop thinking out loud. And a fight?! I got up and ran towards the scene.

I tapped on someone's shoulder and asked, "Why can't the teachers do anything?"

"They have no control and power over EXO. It's like they're the authority."

"How did this fight start?"

"A guy heard them talking about you and he went over and talked back. They were taking an interest in you, so.."

"Thanks."

I went over and saw them arguing, about to be in a physical fight.

Hey! That's my locker neighbor!

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!" I couldn't take it anymore, seeing anyone get hurt is an indirect mention to my past. At least this time, I could do something.

They turned and looked at me. Kris smirking like the last time with an amused face.

"Well, Aracella, I heard them talking about you and-"

"And you decide to start a fight? What did they say?"

My locker mate stood there, unable to utter a word.

"That's for us to know and you to find out, Aracella." One of the other EXO members comes up to me and says.

"Whatever, no more fighting. You all act like immature children."

The fighting ceased and the day went on without any problems I assume.

Then I was about to pack up my stuff and go home after study. I finished everything in study so, I've got no homework.

I turned around.

"Oh my gosh. You scared me."

"Sorry." My locker mate said. "Going home already?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm done for the day," I said as I shut my locker.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I said as I waved goodbye.

I had left the building and just exited the gates. I wanted to walk today to get some exercise. I was about 6 or 7 blocks away from home when I took out my phone and saw someone a couple meters behind me reflected in the screen.

It's the locker mate. I thought he was staying after school. He could have told me that he walked home the same way!

Oh well, I kept walking. But he's speeding up. I'm getting scared, it's that same feeling again, shear terror.

I walked faster and it looked like he was about to start running. I turned at the next corner, going farther away from my apartment. Luckily, I was at a busy intersection and he seemed to have slow down. I took out my phone out again and looked in the screen. He was gone.

I went back to the normal route I would take to go home. After walking 2 or 3 blocks, I got chills down my spine. It would make sense, I was in the deserted part of the neighborhood. Just for sure, I took out my compact this time, and there he was. Lurking behind me once again.

At this point my head was screaming Run! Run!

I had to remain calm. I didn't know what to do because this never happened before. I walked faster, faster, and faster, until I was near the point of running.

He was going just as fast and I only had some distance left until my house. Keep going Aracella, just keep going. Pass the house and don't look back. Do not look back.

Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. This constantly repeated in my head as I did so.

I turned the corner and I got pulled in to an alleyway. My mouth was being held shut by someone. It was quiet and still, I saw my locker mate stare around in confusion and he decided to give up and leave.

Whoever it was took their hand off of my mouth and turned me around. Apparently, there was more than just one person there.

"What are you guys doing he-"

"SHH!"

They hushed me. Maybe I was a little too loud.

"Quiet! Do you want that guy to catch you?" Chen said, and I shook my head. "Then stay quiet."

"Alright," I whispered, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Listen, we've been on his tail for some time now. He's a stalker. He stalks girls that aren't from our school and now that you're here, he's moved on to you."

"That's not creepy at all... But why were you guys on his tail?"

"Kai over here saw him drop a picture not too long ago," Suho explained.

"The picture had a girl sitting on a swing set in a park right down the street from our school," Kai added.

"Why didn't you just call the police?" I asked, confused.

"Not enough evidence," Sehun said, "Oh yeah, he knows where you live."

"What, how do you know? I went past my house.."

"Remember when there was a 'fight'?" Xiumin questioned.

I nodded, remembering how I went and stopped them.

"Well, we were minding our own business and that guy went up to Kris and said something about him bumping into you at the lockers. He said something like 'You better not do that again, I know where she lives and I'll protect her. I'll get rid of anyone necessary, even if it's you guys.'" Baekhyun said, exaggerating.

"Wait, so then what was the big uproar about?" I asked, pondering.

"Well, that was us questioning him about how he knew where you lived, when you just transferred," Tao answered.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, I thought it was you guys who were at fault."

"It's okay. It's usually us who starts the fights anyways," Lay said.

"But..."

"What?" LuHan asked.

"If that guy knows where I live now, then. What am I suppose to do? When I'm off guard or something..." I shook and chills ran down my spine.

"How about you live with us?"

"Good idea D.O!" Kai gave him a pat on the back.

"Me, live with you guys?" They nodded, "I don't want to be any trouble to you all, and there's not going to be enough room for me to stay."

"Don't worry about that. We have more than enough room," Chanyeol said.