Chapter One

Bad Blood

*Beep Beep Beep Bee-*

I slammed my hand on my alarm clock. First day of freshman year. I sighed, thinking just how bad it would be. Ever since that day where everyone I knew and loved died.... I was lost. I moved on my own, and with the government's help I was able to be placed in a decent school.

I got ready, this school in particular, didn't have uniforms. So I threw on a black and white patterned skirt, a white collar shirt, black semi-heels, and a black backpack. I mean, I had to look good for my first day, I don't know what to expect. I called a cab over and took a ride to school.

When I arrived, the place was much bigger than I expected. It didn't seem like school had started yet. I walked passed the gates of the school and into what seemed to be the courtyard.

Huh? Where is the female population? I thought I was in the wrong school. I even ran back out to look at the sign: Ethereal Academy, it said. Yeah, I'm sure this is the right place. Honestly, how many other Ethereal Academies in South Korea can there be?

I walked in feeling extremely self-cautious. Seriously, where are the girls? Not that I had the intention of making new friends, they would all eventually leave. But I had to know.

"Hmm? Who's she?"

"She's the new girl! Didn't you hear?"

"Finally a girl! Geez, it was getting boring around here!"

"Hey, she's pretty cute too."

Look who's talking! I'm sure you can't even imagine how nervous I am!

I nervously walked through the courtyard and towards the office. I have a pretty good, no wait: great sense of direction. I knocked and the door opened.

"Hello, I'm Aracella. I'm a new student here, I'm just signing in."

"Oh yes! Hello Aracella! How are you? Great? Good to hear! My name is- actually, you'll know sooner or later. I'm the headmaster of this here academy and you're all set! Your class is on the second floor, East wing: 9-13."

"Than-"

"Oh, no need to thank me! Now off you go then! I have lots of things I need to do!"

He said as he shoved me out of the door. Such a lively and persistent headmaster...

Alright, second floor: Check.

East Wing: Check.

9-13... 9-13... here it is.

I opened the door and talked to the teacher beforehand. She said stay outside, she'll have me do a proper introduction because it was traditional here. I agreed and stepped outside for a while. Just until the bell rang and I saw the army of boys race towards their classes.

"Alright everyone, settle down please."

I heard the teacher inside, "We have a new student, so please be nice to her and make her feel welcomed. It's tough being a girl here."

"Did the teacher just say a girl?"

"Yeah, some others saw her walk in this morning."

I was honestly nervous. "You may come in now!"

That's my cue. I walked in slowly and hesitantly. "Hi. My name is Aracella and I will be joining you for the remainder of high school. Hope we can be friends and-"

"How about friends with benefits?" A guy interrupted.

"Um, anyway, I hope we can be friends and have a great year!" I sarcastically continued.

"Thank you. Please take a vacant seat," the teacher said.

Great, now I have to sit next to these kids. Ha! I chose an empty seat in the back and no one is sitting next to it! There's a guy in front, though.

The lesson covered material I already knew. So I didn't focus.

The bell had rung for second period and we had ten minutes to get to class. Compared to my old school: we only had 3 minutes.

I went to my locker and everything I needed was already there. So next is; I looked at my schedule: Algebra; 3rd Floor, West Wing, 9-23.

I grabbed my Algebra Textbook, notebook, and binder. As I turned around to shut my locker and started walking, I bumped into someone and fell.