chapter2

Forget You

For Hyukjae, Donghae is a sunshine that lightens up his every day. He wasn't that sociable and always kept himself hidden behind a dark and intimidating aura until the latter found it's way through his barriers. It only took one smile or a single pout from his boyfriend and he could soften up, all defenseless and transparent to him. Donghae was his saving grace from a former heartbreak, a blessing he would always cherish but starting today, he'll remember nothing. He'll remember nothing of the boy's soft and delicate gaze, warm hugs and sweet kisses, the way he brightens up his mood and squeezes his heart whenever the other cries. 

He remembers nothing and it feels like he's been born again.

 

The lights shone directly at his face made Hyukjae squirm in pain, his eyes were closed and his breathing still rigid. The only sound he could hear were small beeps and chatters at wherever he is, there were no clear words registering to him at the moment and the first thing he badly wants to do is open his eyes.

"Hyuk...Hyukjae?" someone called out to someone he doesn't know, his head is throbbing with too much pain at the moment.

"Hyukjae son....you're awake!" a surprised and hopefull voice spoke again and this time, he gained some strength to finally open his eyes. Everything was blurred at first and nothing comes clearer than lousy images in front of him.

"I should call the doctor..." the female voice again mumbled and in an instant, silence came.

He was alone for a few seconds, a perfect timing for his vision to clearly see things around him. Everything was white, there was that light from the ceiling and a sound of machine. He also realized something was in his mouth that made helped him breath more. 

A sound of the door bluntly opening and closing reached his ears and his eyes immediately scanned the area. A tall and lanky man approached his bed with a surprised expression. Hyukjae eyed him closely and asked who is he?

"Hyuk..you're awake! Are you okay?" the man asked as if it had been a long time since they talked to each other. 
Hyukjae just stared at him blankly.

"Hey Hyukjae, can you hear me?' the man again asked narrowing his brows while looking intently at him. 

Hyukjae? who is that? is that his name?

He really couldn't remember. 

Who is this guy anyway?

 

Before he could open his mouth to speak, rushing steps can be heard going inside the room and his eyes found an aged man and woman sighing in delight as they looked at him as if he was the most precious thing on earth. There was also a doctor with them whom immediately rushed to his side. 

"Oh thank God he's awake now." the woman gasped as she hugged the man in delight. Hyukjae went confused, who are these people? What happened to him? Where is he? and more importantly,

Who is he?

"Hyukjae son...how are you feeling?" the old man approached him with concerend eyes. There was warmth and love to which made his body lighter.

"Hyukjae...please speak up, can you hear us son?"

Son? They called him their son. 

 

"W-Who..." he tried to utter leaving them all confused.

"What did you say hyung?" the younger man leaned down.

 

"Wh-Who are you?" he asked as the doctor beside him fix some things he didn't know.

"Oh God!' the lady gasped in surprise as well as the other men in the room. There was a long silence and the only thing he could hear and see were breaths and people whose jaws dropped after his question.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin is hell worried, he paced back and forth again today at the hospital lobby. It has been 2 weeks and Donghae isn't awake yet. It has also been 2 weeks since he saw that Hyukjae. 

He knew the two of them got into and accident. At first, he was understanding of the other knowing he might still be recovering from all the wounds he acquired during the crash but as soon as he heard from a few friends that Hyukjae was sent out the hospital already last week, he couldn't help but boil in anger.

Donghae and Eunhyuk was taken to a different hospital when the accident happened, it was because his bestfriend sustained more injury than Hyuk and just like what he said, Donghae hasn't woke up yet until now. His parents were in despair, they wouldn't leave the hospital and goes back and forth from the ICU to the chappel for a quick prayer. Sungmin did that too, rushing all the way from school to the hospital to check on Donghae and then go to the chappel and pray as well.

He prays for Donghae to be conscious and for Hyukjae to rot in hell! He was beyond pissed, how the hell can a boyfriend abandon his lover just like that? He hasn't heard any news about Hyukjae since then cause the other stopped going to school and heck! he couldn't even ask that Kyuhyun on what happened 'cause he'll never want to talk to him again but whatever his reason is, he still wouldn't forgive him for leaving Donghae like this.

He promised to himself that when Hae woke up, he'll take much good care of him much more than Hyukjae could give. 

 

"Doctor! What's happening??!" he panicked as soon as few hospital staff rushed towards Donghae's room with his doctor. Sungmin managed to convince Hae's parents to take a rest for today and promised to look after their son since he doesn't have classes anyway. He followed the nurses but was blocked and pushed back telling he couldn't enter the room. 

"Damn it! Please be safe Hae." he chanted on his thoughts and carefully sat on the chairs and offered another prayer. Donghae might be childish and innocent but Sungmin knows he's a fighter, he knows he can survive this and live. 
After a few minutes, the doctor came out the room followd by a few nurses, Sungmin immediately got up and faced them with a hopeful eyes.

"How is he? Is he okay?! Did something happen?!" 

The staff looked at each other before the doctor slowly approached him and sigh. "He responded a while ago and opened his eyes for a brief second...I guess you're friend is really a fighter. All your prayers have been answered." he smiled and it took Sungmin another second to process what he just said before a warm and shinning smile appeared on his face.


"Oh My God! Thank you! Thank you so much!" he gasped in delight  and let his knees fall down on the floor. He was exhausted but nothing more feels better than knowing Donghae is fine and Donghae fought back. Finally, after 2 weeks, he could breath normally again, he could let out the deepest sigh he's been holding for a long time. 

"Thank God..." he whispered. 

 

The next day, the hospital lobby was filled with tears...tears of happines the moment Donghae's parents heard the good news. The doctor allowed them to finally enter the room and see Donghae on his hospital bed. Putting on his mask and lab gown, Sungmin entered the room following Hae's parents. 

It was quiet and the only thing they could hear were footsteps and machines located beside Donghae's bed. Sungmin couldn't hold back a few tears as they inched closer to where the younger is, sleeping soundly and peacefully on his bed as if it was his normal slumber.  

 

His bestfriend has always been like that, so innocent and peaceful. He was like a calm sea on a beautiful summer- attractive and soothing. He remembered the first time he saw Donghae back when they were kids, as a matter of fact, they started out as enemies as well. The other was a transfer from elementary and had no friends while Sungmin was the school's center of attraction. He was bright, handsome, cute and talented...he was everyone's favorite until Donghae came.

The latter was loveable and easy to get along with, everyone wants to be his friend, everyone admires him cause like him, he was also bright, handsome, cute and talented. He was on par with Sugmin which made the older insecure and jealous. 


One day, he decided to confront the younger and tell him all about his feelings, he decided that day to announce to the other their rivalry. But much to his surprise, Donghae smiled and even laughed, he wasn't angry nor disappointed at him. In fact, that very same day, Donghae declared that he wanted to be friends with him...the older went confused and refused the younger's offer but the latter didn't give up until the time he Sungmin was finally caught in his charm. A charm Sungmin himself couldn't explain and only those who get the chance to be with Donghae will understand and feel. 

"Donghae...son, can you hear me?" he was pulled out from his thoughts when Hae's mother spoke. They were now beside his bed, staring at him with hopeful gazes. 

The beeps of the machine continued on as they waited for Donghae to respond and when he finally did, a wide smile appeared on their faces. 
He watched as Hae slowly stirred and opened his eyes. It felt like forever watching him and you can feel that the latter was still weak and tired. 


"Hae-ahh...can you hear us?" Sungmin spoked as Donghae finally opened those orbs. He was frozen for a moment and was just staring straight at the ceiling. His eyes then roamed around the area probably searching for the voices who called him.

"Son...it's me, your Mom...can you hear me?" Mrs. Lee said in between smiles and teary eyes, Donghae looked at him for so long and then to his father and finally to Sungmin. 

The older noticed his mouth slowly moving as if he was saying something to them. He nudged closer and leaned down to hear him clearly.

"What is it Hae?" he asked eyeing both the younger's parents and back to him.

 

"W-W---"

"Son...we can't hear you but please don't force youself too much to speak." his father said. 
Sungmin took another glimpse at his bestfriend and was utterly shocked when he repeated what he just said with a rather shaky voice.

 


"W-Who..a-are you?" Donghae asked leaving them with full gasps of horror.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: here's an update! :D sorry, this is quite rushed, it's 2am here, I'm waiting for boy's safe arrival in LA and I'm too sleepy while writing this. XD but still hope you like it though...thank you so much for subbies ^^