01

"Don't believe in Love, believe in Me."

Chapter 1.
The Meeting.
[Unedited]

--

"Mirae, do you want to go on a vacation?" Your best friend, Taeyeon asked. "Tiffany, Krystal and Jiyeon are going too! Please? Just think of it as taking a break!"

You sighed. It was hard to reject Taeyeon when she uses her aegyo.

"Fine," You relented. "Where are we going?"

"Awesome! Its a ski resort!"

::

You met Taeyeon when you were 10. She was older than you but treated you as an equal. She was a nurse in Seoul Hospital, one of the most prestigious place to work in. She was outgoing and friendly, and it was no surprise she had many suitors. You, on the other hand, had thought of love as a waste of time and effort and also a way to break your own heart. You didn't believe in love. Your parents had married out of 'love', yet separated out of 'hate'.

You preferred to live life as it was, even if it meant you had to remain a spinster for the rest of your life. Living to an old age with 11 cats didn't seem to be a bad idea, or so you thought.

"Mirae unni!" Krystal and Jiyeon ran over waving.

You smiled, picked up your luggage and headed towards Taeyeon's car. She came from a rich family; her parents were doctors, hence her occupation; and had bought her a porsche as a reward for getting into medical. After dumping your small suitcase inside the trunk of the car, the five of you were ready to set off.

"I hope we have a fun time, maybe we will even meet some hot guys!" Krystal gushed. You just shook your head at the innocent girl.

Tiffany and Jiyeon exchanged a secret grin. As you were sitting next to Taeyeon, who was driving, in the front seat, you didn't notice the two mischevious girls.

--

"We're here!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Ahhh! Ski resort!" Jiyeon yelled.

You just giggled at your best friends' reactions. They were technically adults, but they behaved like little kids.

"I'll check in first." You offered and Taeyeon went with you to the reception counter.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The lady asked pleasantly.

"Kim Taeyeon here. I booked two rooms." Taeyeon answered.

"Yes, here are the keys. I hope you will enjoy your stay." The lady smiled and bowed.

"Thank you, we'll be sure to." You said politely.

Taeyeon tossed Tiffany a key. "I'll share with Mirae." She linked arms with you and walked towards Room 330. Tiffany, Jiyeon and Krystal were rooming in Room 331. The three of them groaned and grumbled.

"Why do we have to share?" They complained.

"Kids." Taeyeon muttered and you giggled.

::

"Fany, we are going skiing, tell the two kids to be properly attired. Don't let history repeat itself!" Taeyeon reminded.

The history she meant was the time the five of you went to a skating rink to ice-skate. Jiyeon refused to be bundled up in layers of clothings. She had spotted a hot guy and wanted to impress him. However, she fell and cut herself with the knife under her skating shoes. The wound healed, thanks to Taeyeon umma's intensive care.

You were clad in a pink puffy jacket, paired with white pants and white shoes, with a pair of pink ski goggles. Taeyeon was dressed exactly the same, except that she wore blue instead of pink. The five of you met up at the lobby, and you saw Jiyeon and Tiffany talking amongst themselves.

"Hey!" You poked Jiyeon and she jumped.

"W-What!" She had a guilty look on her face and you knew something was up.

"Spill!" You commanded.

"I.. er.. Let's ski!" She said lamely.

--

The white mountain was filled with people having fun. You smiled when you saw a cute kid pick himself up from the snow and wondered if he was hurt.

"Rae, I'll race you to the bottom of the mountain okay?" Krystal said as she took her position beside you.

You hesitated. Krystal was known for being competitive and extremely sporty.

"Okay." You agreed after a moment's pause.

You were enjoying yourself as the cool breeze messed up your hair. It had been so long since you had allowed yourself a holiday. Suddenly, you went off-track. You desperately tried to shift yourself to the right using your sleds but to no avail. "Hel-" You screamed as you tumbled down the slope. You were about to fall off the cliff when your left hand shot out and caught a branch. You knew the branch couldn't support you for long and it will break soon.

"Help! Is there anyone out there?" You shouted.

--

"Hyeong, I can't find it!" Gunwoo hollered.

"I can't find it here too!" Insoo called back. *No, I can't lose it! Kang Insoo, you can't lose the most precious thing Inna gave you before she died!* Inna was his sister, who had left the world due to leukamia.

"I'll venture deeper and see if I can find the necklace." Gunwoo replied.

"Help! Is there anyone out there?"

"Hyeong, did you hear that?" Gunwoo whirled around.

"What?" Insoo snapped irritably. Tears were already starting to form in his eyes.

"A call for help. I'm going to head over." He immediately followed the voice and stopped short when he saw the edge of the cliff.

"Help.." You were dangling in mid-air and was holding on to the branch for dear life.

"Omona!" His eyes widened and he quickly laid down on the grassy floor, extending his hand out. "Miss, take my hand, I'll pull you up!" He ordered.

You tried to reach for his hand but it was too high up.

"I-I can't.."

Gunwoo stood up and took off is clothes, tying them into a secure rope. He tossed it downwards and you held on to it. The other end of the rope was tied around his waist. As your gaze travelled upwards, you could see his hard, lean muscles. He was very tall, yet well-built. But even the strongest guy will bow down to the chilliness. You saw him shiver slightly and felt bad.

"Hold on tight!" He said, then used all his might to pull you up. You saw another male standing beside him, expressionless.

You ignored him. *That cold-hearted guy. Shouldn't he offer to help?*

Finally, you were safe and Gunwoo slumped onto the ground, exhausted.

"Thank you so much!" You gripped his arm thankfully. "How can I repay you?" You were the kind of person who did not like to owe anyone. If they helped you, then you must thank them.

"Its alright. I'm Lee Gunwoo by the way." He smiled.

The other guy then spoke up. "If you want to repay him, then help us to look for a necklace."

"Insoo hyeong!" He frowned.

"Its alright, besides, its the least I can do to thank you." You smiled at him, making his heart go du-geun du-geun.

After what seemed like eternity, you held up a leather choker with a ring. "Is this it?" You asked.

"Yes!" Insoo snatched it out of your hands without a single thank you. Shrugging, you bowed to Gunwoo and thanked him again before leaving them behind.