TRUST

기억해 / Me gustas tu

"Let's go out a little further," Sowon suggested as they were finished with their meal. 

 

"What do you mean a little further?" Eunha asked, and all of them began to be settled down at the platform in the yard once again. 

 

"A little nearer to the city. We're at the outskirts now, aren't we?" Sowon answered Eunha, and some eager heads nodded, without the exception of their youngest. 

 

"Yes, let's go!" Umji was already excited. "I saw a library on our way here," her eyes sparkled in anticipation. 

 

"You saw a library on the way here?" Yerin raised an eyebrow at the younger girl's statement.

 

Umji nodded and hummed cutely. "I did!" 

 

"Yewon ah, no aegyo please," Yuju frowned and narrowed her eyebrows at Umji. Umji merely smiled and giggled in return. 

 

"When we were in the bus right?" ShinB came over on a lollipop. "I think I saw it too," she causally joined the conversation. 

 

"Hey where did you get that?" Sowon pointed at the candy, with a surprised face.

 

"Did you bring that?" Eunha asked as well. 

 

"Yeah I did," ShinB nonchalantly replied, her face not showing any expression. 

 

"So, should we go?" Yuju steered the conversation back to the intended subject. 

 

"Alright, alright, let's go to the library then," Sowon rubbed her palms together and smiled. 

 

"Yeah!" the girls cheered as they could leave the countryside for a while and experience some urbanisation, the very least they could get on their vacation at the outskirts. 

 

Sowon, as the eldest, acted as a motherly figure (like most of the time) and led the girls out, as they figured their way around the small town towards the more developed area, which was half an hour's distance away from the vacation house by foot.

 

"We're here!" ShinB happily announced as they arrived at the library. The other girls turned around and hushed at her, signalling for her to be quiet. 

 

"Oh, sorry," she giggled sheepishly. The girls made their way to the shelves and began looking for books of their interests without any hesitation. 

 

ShinB and Yerin were at the same shelve when they spotted a comic book the girls loved at the same time. They both pointed to it, and laughed at their synchronized actions. Picking it up they began flipping it through, before asking the rest of the girls to come over as they browsed through it together. 

 

They were all immersed in the contents of the book, until they found a kiss scene in the book and burst into laughter. Sowon immediately covered Umji's eyes to block her vision of it, but Umji jumped in order to see it. The girls had a good chuckle together, only to be looked upon with disappointed and annoyed faces from other users of the library. They sheepishly bowed and apologised, but their bright smiles were plastered to their sweet faces. 

 

The girls spent the rest of their time at the library, even renting the use of a computer for fun. 

 

"Let's check out the current music charts!" Yerin excitedly suggested as ShinB began frantically typing away on the computer. She pressed the enter key eagerly, awaiting for the response from the computer. The girls waited a good five minutes for the screen to show up fully, and, clapped their hands in elation when it was finally up. Sowon had to quieten them down in order not to cause further annoyance to the other library users once again. 

 

"You need to learn to keep calm," Sowon frowned and pouted at the girls. A few of them giggled while the rest pouted. 

 

"BoA unnie's Girls on Top!" Eunha eagerly pointed out as she noticed the singer's song charting once again. "When we left Seoul, it was also first," Eunha held an adorable smile. 

 

The girls scrolled through the page in search for their favourite singers until they were done. 

 

"Let's send an email to ourselves," Umji's already bright face lit even more as she came up with an idea. 

 

"What?" Yuju's reaction was quick. "Explain what you meant," she was curious about what Umji had said, and pulled her chair nearer to listen closely, but in the process knocking ShinB who was standing beside. 

 

"Sorry!" Yuju anxiously apologised, her voice tinted with concern. "I'm sorry, does it hurt?" Yuju pouted and rubbed against ShinB's knee where the chair had knocked. 

 

"Are you okay?" the other girls were all beginning to show signs of worry.

 

"I'm okay, it's just a little painful," ShinB could not help but smile at the care the elder girl was showing. "It's alright!" she put up a bright smile in order to lighten the mood. "So Umji you were saying?"

 

"We'll send an email to all of us, and then we'll open it next time," her eyes were twinkling with every word that left . 

 

Eunha nodded and smiled. "Then we can open it when we are older next time, like ten years later!" 

 

"Ten years? That's a very long time!" Yerin replied, although she was quite keen on the suggestion. 

 

"Let's do it," there was vigour in ShinB's eyes. "Maybe it doesn't have to be ten years later, but some time when we are ladies, when we feel like it," she smiled at the other girls, who were all doing the same. 

 

"Let's do it!" the girls began discussing about what the contents of the emails should be, and spent almost an hour before the deed was done, with the girls easily distracted by every sentence in their conversation. 

 

"It's getting late," Sowon could not stop her motherly instincts, as she gazed at the time on the wall clock. 

 

"Let's go, we can find some food," Yerin replied immediately. "I've got my money!"

 

"Me too!" Umji was next. 

 

"Me three!" ShinB followed suit. 

 

"I have mine," Yuju was digging her pocket for her wallet. 

 

Sowon turned to Eunha. She nodded, "I've got mine."

 

"Then let's go," Sowon said, and just after they were already making their way off.

 


 

To celebrate Gfriend's Best New Female Artist award, here is an update!!!! I am so proud of my babies they are soooooo asdfghjkl how do I describe them!?! I love them so much ♥♡♥♡♥♡ I've been writing this chapter over the past few days and finally managed to complete it. I'm really sorry for the unforeseen hiatus, I fell out of the kpop mood a little. (I didn't fall out of the fandom, I just wasn't in the mood for much. Haha bec i started liking Hong Kong dramas and the actors/actresses esp Linda Chung. Hahaha.) I am also super proud of Yuju who got the OST award for Spring Is Gone By Chance she has the best vocals ever