21st century (pt.2)

Timeless Love (영원히 사랑)
 
"Thank you guys for coming to our daughter, Byun Areum's 5th birthday party! Please enjoy yourselves and get comfortable, and eat lots and lots of food!" Baek Hyun speaks through the microphone. The guests gestures him a thumbs up nods. He make his way through the crowd after spotting his friends.

 

"Having a good time?" Baek Hyun slings his arms around Se Hun and Min Seok's shoulder, earning a nod from both of them. "Yeah, though there are not quite amount of chicks here." Se Hun said as he sees many kids running around and playing in the bouncy castle. "This is a five year old birthday party. What do you expect, a beach party with hot girls in bikini?"

 

"I don't mind that." Se Hun coolly says, earning a 'tch' from Min Seok. At the same time, Joo Hyun passes by both of them, showing her beautiful smile at the two before answering her phone call. Se Hun immediately asks Baek Hyun.

 

"Yah, is she available?"

 

"Who? Joo Hyun?"

 

"Well, who else?"

 

"Available, but there's no way I am going to let you date her. She's too good for you. As a responsible brother in law, I need to make sure she date the right guy and if, just if you two are dating, I'm not going to approve your relationship." Min Seok stiffens a laugh when he saw Se Hun's frowning face.

 

"Meanie."

 

"I was born meanie."

 

"Baek Hyun sure is lucky.." Min Seok looks around his surrounding. "A beautiful wife, a succesful company, a big house, an intelligent and cute daughter and a perfect life. How can the trouble maker Baek Hyun could get married first before me. I'm jealous." He pats Baek Hyun's shoulder as he grins.

 

"There's no other solution than getting married. Your love is out there waiting for you, and don't underestimate the Prankster Byun." He proudlys says and Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

"Hyung, Jackson and I wanted to go for a boys' night out this Friday night. Want to tag long? You can find hot chicks and probably have a one night stand."

 

"Oh please, I don't do one night stand. Unlike you."

 

"Excuse me, but I never had a one night stand!"

 

Baek Hyun and Min Seok's eyes are on Se Hun. He just realised what he said just now and immediately his eyes rounded in shock. 

 

"Seolma... you never had-"

 

"Shut up." His face was red as tomato, as Min Seok and Baek Hyun laughs. They still can't believe the playboy and naughty Oh Se Hun never had... you know. Baek Hyun pats the younger's head and smirks. "You should save it for your wife to be."

 

"Shut up!"

 

Meanwhile on the other side..

 

"Seung Wan-ah! Where in the freaking world are you?! I called you for God knows how many times. Did you bring my present?"

"Tch, calm down grandma. Yes, and I picked up Seul Gi just now."

"Hey Jooeonnnie~"

Joo Hyun could on face-palm, as she calm her nerves. "Hurry up, the party's about to start."

"Okay girl, on my way. By the way, what's with the rush? You sounds stressed out just now."

"Let's just say that I'm the worst birthday planner ever." She groans. 

 

Joo Hyun volunteer herself to organize her niece, Areum's birthday a week before. Nothing go wrong; she ordered a catering and the foods are all Areum's favourite (her mom finally approved her to eat fast food but JUST for her birthday), blew balloons a night before with the help of her friends, Seung Hwan and Seul Gi, woke up early in the morning to help her sister, Tae Yeon cleaned the house and decorate the huge backyard with banners, confettis, arranging the tables with Baek Hyun, rented two bouncy castles, ordered a two-tier Cinderella cake (as requested by Areum which she personally customized her dream birthday cake) and is now safely kept in the refrigerator.

 

But what keeps her walking back and forth?

 

"We're listening..."

"I searched for an agency that specifies in birthdays and booked for a Cinderella mascot five days ago, which is Areum's favourite Disney character,  when suddenly I received a call from them, telling me that the person in charge was sick! Now, I need to find a Cinderella." Joo Hyun puffs. When everything was arranged perfectly, problems will come.

"I know where to get one!"

"Really?!"

"Find the prince charming and show him the glass shoe."

"Ha. Ha. Not funny Seul Gi."

"Wait, did you said you need someone to be Cinderella?"

"Yes, why? Have someone in your mind, Seung Wan?"

"Kind of. A friend of mine."

"Really?!" Joo Hyun's tone was quite high, causing the guests to stare at her with confusion. She bows her head as a sign of apology and smiles embaressedly. "I mean, really?

But when she thought of something, she frowns. "Even if there was someone to help, where can I find the mascot?"

"I know a shop that rents cartoon mascots. The owner is my cousin's friend's friend. Sounds tangled but forget it."

"For real?!" Joo Hyun says, lowering her tone. Half of her mind and heart was now relieved.

"Yeah, I asks Seul Gi to text him. He's her girlfriend."

"Yah! I never had a boyfriend."

"Okay, maybe not 'boyfriend' but, crush? Yeah, he's Seul Gi's crush."

"Son Seung Wan!"

 

 

"What- yah! I'm driving! Stop tickling me! Are you crazy?!"

Joo Hyun mentally face-palm. "Stop it guys, if you want to stay alive."

"I regret bringing you along." Joo Hyun could feel Seung Wan's glaring from her voice tone. "I know you need me."

"Guys! Be serious!"

"Okay, I'll try calling my friend. No worries if he said 'no'. He never said 'no' to me before, despite his packed activity. He's too kind, to be honest."

"Gosh, thank you my life saver!" 

"Yeah, yeah. You owe me a cream chocolate chip."

"And frappucino for me!"

"Shut up, Chan Yeol."

"Why, you-"

Joo Hyun ends the call with a relieved sigh. The mascot thing was done, and nothing more to worry about.

 

Except for Seung Wan and Seul Gi's safeness.

 ❤🕛❤

 

"Omma!" Areum went to hug Tae Yeon as she stiffens a cry. She got panicked and lift her in her arms. She notice her small nose is red and tears were b in her eyes. "Darling, why are you crying? Tell omma what happened."

 

However, Areum shakes her head and burns her face in her mother's shoulder. Baek Hyun, who noticed his crying daughter, immediately excuses himself from his friends and make his way to Tae Yeon.

 

"Jagiya, wae?" He asks Tae Yeon, but she shrugs her shoulder. "She refused to say." She felt her shoulders get moist from her sniffing.

 

"Areumie, come here." Tae Yeon shifted Areum to Baek Hyun, his sweet heart's soft, long hair. "Stop crying, my baby girl. You will look ugly. You don't want to be ugly on your birthday, right?" 

 

Areum looks extremely adorable with her blue dress, a pair of fake sparkly wings, her long, wavy hair and a little bit touch up on her face; courtesy of her aunt.

 

Areum shook her head and she stopped crying. "Good. Now, tell omma and appa, why are you crying? Who makes you cry? Appa will call the police and send him or her to jail."

 

Upon hearing the word 'jail' Areum rapidly shooks her head. She watched on television how jails are places where they keep bad people. They only eat in a small amount and doesn't sleep on bed. Her grandmother used to said that don't be a bad person and obey her parents.

 

"No! Don't send him to j-jail." Areum stutters, and her face looks like she's about to cry. "Appa is just kidding! Tell me, what happened?"

 

"I-i said to Hong Min that Cinderella will come to m-my party, but he said I was lying. He keeps calling me a liar and I cried." She wipes her stain tears. Baek Hyun and Tae Yeon look at each other, before she shows him a 'tell-her-anything' look as Baek Hyun nervously smiles.

 

When Joo Hyun said that the mascot couldn't make it to the party today, both of them were worried. Areum has bragging about having Cinderella to come to her birthday since last week. She would be so dissapointed if she heard the news.

 

"Areumie, you are not a liar, and you are not lying. Cinderella called appa, just now, and she said she's on her way."

 

"J-jeongmal?" Areum was still unsure. Tae Yeon eyes Baek Hyun and sighs. Now they need to make out a story.

 

"Yeah, she's on her carriage, with her glass slippers." How Baek Hyun wishes it was true.

 

"Jinjja?! Yay! Now I can tell Hong Min that I'm not a liar, and ask the fairy godmother to change him into a mice! Hehehehe~" she pecks both of her parents' cheeks and run of to play with her friends. Baek Hyun gulps.

 

"Yeobo... what should we do?" Tae Yeon shrugs her shoulder. Joo Hyun, who coincidentally passes by them, was stopped by Tae Yeon. "Hyun-a, have you found the solutions?"

 

Unlike Baek Hyun and Tae Yeon who had worries written on their face, she smiles and calmly said, "Seung Wan's trying to ask her friend for help. No worries. Everything's back on track." Tae Yeon lets out a relieved, long sigh. "Gosh, thanks Joo Hyun!"

 

"Anything for my niece." She winks. Her phone rings again, and she lets her phone out. Seung Wan's name appeared on the screen. "Got a call. Bye eonnie, oppa." She walks into the living room that is filled with kids watching cartoons and answers the phone call. "What now?"

 

"I called my friend just now and he already picks up the mascot. He's going to change at your house so don't close the door for him."

"Great. Wait, but where are you guys? Is it that long to reach Incheon?"

"Well YES. Easy for you to say. You drove back from Incheon to Seoul almost everyday. We're stuck in a jam, but no worries. We've arrived at Incheon already."

"Glad to know you arrived here safely. Where's Seul Gi?"

"Asleep, that's why I can drive peacefully with no distraction."

Joo Hyun laughs as Seung Wan sighs. "See you later. Bye!"

 

She slips the phone in her trousers' pocket before heading to the kitchen to meet with her sister's maid. "Min Ra sshi, a friend of mine is coming today, so just let him in. He's Seung Wan's friend." said Joo Hyun to the maid.

 

"Nae, Miss Joo Hyun." She replies with a smile. Joo Hyun smiles back and went to the backyard. 

 

❤🕛❤

 

"Saengil chughahabnida~ saengil chughahabnida~ uri lovely Areumie~ saeungil chughahabnida."

 

"Make a wish!" One of the child said, and followed by the others. Areum excitedly nods her head. She clasp her tiny hands together, and closes her eyes. She opens it a minute after and blows up 5 candles on her birthday cake as the guests claps their hands. Her parents are both on her sides, clapping excitedly. They still can't believe their baby is turning 5 already. It feels like yesterday she's learning to crawl, talk and walk.

 

"Honey, what did you wish?" Baek Hyun asks his daughter, but she shakes her head and puts a finger on her lips. "If you tell your wish, it won't came true."

 

Baek Hyun chuckles and pecks his daughter's head. "Arasso. Just keep that dream of yours." Tae Yeon grins at both of them when suddenly she remembered something that makes her feeling nervous. Her heart was thumping rapidly.

 

After cutting the cakes and serves it to the guests, especially childrens, Tae Yeon clears her voice and went to the centre of the spot. Baek Hyun, who's feeding his daughter the birthday cake, looks at her weirdly. She looks uncomfortable. Is there something wrong? He puts the plate on the table and lifts his daughter up to go to her wife.

 

Joo Hyun was talking to Seul Gi and Seung Wan who finally arrived when she noticed her sister and her husband. Her sister has never look so nervous and anxious before. 

 

"Since all my family, relatives and friends are here, I would like to make an announcement." Tae Yeon finally said. Baek Hyun's eyebrows were almost knitted together. An announcement? What announcement?

 

"Jagi, gwenchana?" Baek Hyun whispers at Tae Yeon's ear, and she gulps.

 

"Well... actually.....

 

 

 

 

"Actually?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...I'm..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"pregnant!" She closes her eyes, expect the guests to be shocked by the news. Instead of gasps, she heard applauses and congratulations. Baek Hyun, who stood by her side, taking a moment to process what he heard just now, before grinning widely.

 

"Yeobo! J-jinjja? That means I'm going to be an appa again?!"

 

"Yes, I did the test a week ago. It's positive!"

 

"But why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I just want to suprise you. Why? You don't-"

 

"Don't ever say that word. I'm beyond happy! Areumie, you are going to be a noona, or eonnie!"

 

The innocent Areum was confused when her mother said she was pregnant. What does pregnant means? Why are people congrstulsting omma? But when her father said she's going to have a sibling, she claps loudly and smiles.

 

"Omma! Appa! That's what I wished just now, and it came true!"

 

"Really? Then your wish just came true! You sure are a miracle, my baby." Tae Yeon Areum's hair. Suddenly, Baek Hyun hugs Tae Yeon, with Areum in his arms, and kisses his wife's lips.

 

"Gomawo, yeobo. For lightening my life. I couldn't live without you, Areum, and our baby." She could only nod and kiss his husband back.

 

"Ew! Omma and appa are kissing again!" Areum covers her eyes with her hands as the guests laughed at the cute family. Both couple was embaressed and their cheeks are flushed red.

 

 

Joo Hyun's mouth was slight agape, and she claps like a mad person. "Oh my gosh! Oh my GOSH! I am going to be a imo again!" Seung Wan and Seul Gi slightly smile. "Congratulations, imo. You're getting old again."

 

"Am not." She glares. She was beyond happy when her sister broke the news. She can't wait for another pair of tiny feet running around the house, and maybe she can pamper her with tiny cute boots and sweaters which is her favourite baby attire. Not forgetting Areum's obsession of Disney.

 

Speaking of Disney..

 

"It's Cinderella!" Joo Hyun notice her niece's voice as she turn around and saw Areum, along with the other kids, running into the Cinderella mascot. 

 

The children was beyond excited when they saw their favourite Disney character, except for boys. They would prefer the bouncy castle.

 

"Cinderella! Where's your glass shoe?"

 

"Cinderella! Can I meet the fairy godmother? I want to be pretty just like you!"

 

"Cinderella! Where's your pumpkin carriage?"

 

"Cinderella! I have a mice that looks just like Jaq and Gus! I think .... I THINK THEY ARE REALLY JAQ AND GUS! OMMA! DON'T KILL THE MICE!"

 

The children attacks the mascot, causing it to stumble on the ground. Joo Hyun could only laugh at how the mascot is trying to stable itself, with those big hands and gigantic leg. Since when did Cinderella gain much weight?

 

She wasted no time and walk to help the mascot stand up. She helds the mascot's big hands and pulls it up. She helps to wipe of the dusts on the mascot and smile. "Get used to it. Children are always thrilled."

 

But the Cinderella mascot stays at its place, not moving an inch. Joo Hyun feels weird as she grimaces. "I need to go now. Safe entertaining, Cinderella!" She jokes and help her eonnie who is now surrounded with her friends to continue distribute the sliced birthday cakes.

 

Two hours later, guests are starting to leave the Byun's household. Baek Hyun, alongside with Tae Yeon and Areum stands near the house porch, bidding good bye to the guests. Meanwhile Joo Hyun, her friends, Seul Gi and Seung Wan who volunteers themselves and the house maid, Min Ra helps cleaning up the backyard. While Joo Hyun was picking up the used paper cups and throw them away in a huge plastic bag, she notices that the Cinderella mascot was now sitting on a chair, staring at her. She feels uncomfortable and somehow creepy. She decided to meet up with the mascot.

 

"S-sir, gwenchanayo? I think you could open your mascot right now. It' probably quite hot and comfortable, righ?"

 

The mascot nods its head as it stands up. He first removes the Cinderella's head, and the person behind the mascot isn't the person she expect to meet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Joon Myeon?!"

A/N: Author's note : Can you guys imagine Suho in a Cinderela mascot? LOL. Chapter 2 is up! Cinderella's my all-time favourite Disney character, eventhough Elsa and Anna are the hottest items right now. I prefer classic ❤😚 Oh and don't worry! KaiStal will make their appearance later. Three more chapters to go. (It's a one-shot but I decided to just go with five-shots) BaekYeon, XiuHun snd WenSeul had already make their apearance~ And there's no and yuri in this story.

 

And based from this story, I changed the characters' real age, so that's why Joo Hyun called Baek Hyun as 'oppa', eventhough she's older than him in real life.