Ch.2

Lies,Family,Truth,Love

After finishing up Breakfast I walked into Haraboji’s office, there sat all my cousins. Haraboji told me to sit at the seat infront his desk, I felt as though I was being interviewed or something.

“YoungJi as a part of the family, you now hold in important part in the company.”

“Haraboji, but I would….” I said before Haraboji cut me off and handed me yet another folder. I looked inside the folder and inside I read the paper which had Accounting Manager in big bold letters at the top. As you could think I was shock, was this the big news Haraboji was talking about.

“Haraboji, I can't take this job, it's too high for me I would like my assistant job.” I said handing the folder back to him, but he just looked at me and pushed it back.

“YoungJi take it, you're apart of the family now, when people find out they’ll say Haraboji is a horrible Haraboji for letting you work as an assistant.”  Ha-eun eonni said patting my hand and looking at me. Ha-Eun eonni was always a kind person, word around the company is if you dont want to get fired you'd tried to her friend.

“Yah let her sit at her job right now if she wants it, who knows maybe shes better there anyways, I’ve got to go before I’m late ahnyoung Haraboji.” Jackson said while walking out, he thinks of himself so high, gosh just cause he is one of the youngest presidents out there and I can't do the job please, I can so do it, I just dont want to YoungJi thought in her head.

“Don't take much to Jackson Oppa, he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, please eonni, take this position.” Eun-ji said with sorry eyes, I mean I couldn't deny her, to be honest they were right I couldn't be apart of Park family and work an assistant job.

“Okay fine Ill do it.” Youngji said, plus I want to show Jackson I’m able to do a job like this Youngji thought in her head. As I walked to my room, I wondered what should I wear, I couldn't no longer wear my normal work clothes, I had to look my job as a manger. After about 15-20 minutes of debating I finally found the perfect outfit. After putting on the outfit I ran downstairs where I met the others waiting for me.

“Lets go.” Ha-Eun eonni said point to the car. Oh gosh I thought to myself, I can't ride that I thought to myself.

“Umm eonni I prefer to walk.” I said hoping she would understand what I meant, but within a minute she pushed me into the care. I felt so uncomfortable, I wasn’t use to someone serving me and driving me around, no doubt I never thought this was going to happen at least. Upon arriving to the company the driver came and opened the door for us, as i stepped out I could tell people where staring at me.

“YoungJi don't worry you’ll do just fine.” Sung-min said putting a hand on my shoulder. As I walked in a line of people stood there to greet me, I shook hands with all of them and then went to the elevator up.

“YoungJi what are you doing.” Sung-min said to me pulling me over. Oh yeah I forgot I now take the other elevator, the way the company is designed is the family has one elevator for themselves while the other employees take another elevator. I walked into the elevator, It felt weird usually I would be crowded in with people or fighting with people for room, but not today and maybe never again. Upon arriving on the accounting floor I walked out with Sung-min who was another manager on the accounting team. As I walked in I noticed Miyoung was looking over at me she waved for me to go over, but Sung-min stopped me.

“Everyone you guys may know Youngji, but please know from this day on she will no longer be an assistant, she is now apart of the Park family and well be a manager her, I hope you all treat her with the same respect.” Sung-min said with his ever so scary voice. I could see everyone was shocked and wanted to know what was up, everyone stared me up and down as if they were in a dream.

“Got it?” Sung-min shouted again.

YEH!” Everyone shouted at the same time.

“Good.”Sung-min said leading me to and empty office.

“This is your office, Haraboji already got it all ready for you, if you ever need anything please feel free to tell me I’m right next door.” Sung-min said, smiling all of a sudden.

“Okay.” I said “What should I do first?” I said looking around the room, it was so big and spacious.

“The folder on the desk Haraboji wants you to look at that first. If you have any questions you can come ask me, I better get back to work.” Sung-min said walking out and closing the door. I looked at the folder on my desk, I sat down and put my head in my hand, how could my life change so much since a week ago. I looked up and notice Haraboji had put a picture of my Umma and Appa on the table for me, I looked at it and noticed how happy the where, I know they would have been happy for me.

(knock knock)

“Yeh come in.” Oh gosh it felt weird for me to call people in like this.

“YoungJi the president would like to see you.” After the secretary had said that I recalled the same message she told me which changed my whole life. I got up from my desk and went to the president's office also known as Jackson. I walked in and saw him sitting there, as if he had known I was outside the whole time.

“Yah you brat, don’t think just because were family I’ll treat you nice.”Jackson said with his signature stare.

“I know dont worry, I wont take advantage of this. I just want to know you guys better, I mean you are my cousin after all.” I said staring at him, most people I know are afraid of Jackson, but not me, I’ve always thought he was just a high up there kid.

    “Mr.Park, Mr.Kim is here.”

    “Ohh let him in.”

Oh my gosh Mr.Kim as in Kim Minho, since I can remember I’ve always liked an aspect of him. He was tall,charming and did I mention he was soooooo hot. I never had a chance to formally met him but oh gosh everything about him was so perfect.

“Jackson Annyeong.” Minho said walking in and shaking his hand.

“Annyeong Hyung sit please.” Jackson said point him to the empty seat. Minho looked up at me and smiled.

“Whose this?” Minho said smiling and looking at me. Oh gosh he knows I'm here I'm not invisible after all.

“Ohh she, she's my Gomo’s daughter.” Jackson said pointing at me.

“Ohh Annyeong, I’m Heo YoungJi, nice to met you.” I said shaking his hand.

“Yeh same goes for me.” He said again smiling, all I could think of was his smile and then Jackson patted my shoulder and nodded me out. As I left and arrived down at my office all I could think of was his smile. I went into my office and decided to actually start working. About 2 hours passed and it was time for lunch break, I walked out and met Miyoung just about to leave, I ran up to her and yanked her aside.

“Yaah YoungJi whats up your apart of Park family? You're my manager now?” Miyoung said, hitting my hand.

“Ill tell you everything over lunch lets go.” I said dragging her hand. As we sat down I explained the short version of what had happened and how I was related to them all of a sudden. Even  coming out of my own mouth I couldn't believe anything I was saying, Miyoung on the other hand was 10 times more shocked than me. After finishing we wrapped up and went back to the office. Everywhere I went everyone stared at me, as If i was some alien from a foreign country. After work wrapped up I told the guys to leave without me, I had promised Miyoung to go out to our favorite restaurant and tell her and Min-Jun oppa everything. As we sat down I ordered my normal meal and started the in depth story of how it all happened.

“Yahh so you're now living with them?” Min-Jun chirped in unable to keep his food in his mouth.

“Yeh, but just because I want to know the family better.” I said stuffing a handful of noodles in my mouth. Just as I was surprised at first my friends where even more surprised. After we finished up Miyoung took me home. Upon arriving Miyoungs jaw dropped, she couldn't believe I was living in this house. I waved bye to Miyoung and walked up to the gate.

“Whose this.” The security said over the speaker.

“Umm Heo Youngji.” I said back nervous. The gate opened and I went inside. Once I got there I noticed Haraboji was in the living room talking to all my oe sookbu  and oe sookmo about something so I quietly went upstairs to my room and took a shower.

(Knock,knock)

“Yeh come in.” I said combing my hair.

“Where did you go?” Jackson said coming in and shutting the door.

“Out with my friends, why?” I said turning around to look at him.

“You! Haraboji was worried sick about you, next time call or something.” Jackson said closing the door shut. Was Haraboji really that worried, maybe I should go say something. I got up and walked to his office.

“Haraboji?” I said knocking on the door.

“Oh yeh Youngji your back.” He said excited to see me, somehow when I saw him happy it made me feel good inside.

“Im sorry about not calling you, I just went out with some friends thats all.” I said looking down not able to make eye contact out of guilt.

“YoungJi it's okay, You know your like your Umma, every time she came home late, she would be just like you right now, I sure do miss her.” Haraboji said patting my head, I could her the sadness within his voice. I got up and hugged him, for the first time in forever I felt like Haraboji was really my Haraboji. Halmeoni walked in and looked at us both, she walked up to me and started patting me, I looked at her and then at Haraboji and then at my Umma’s picture hanging on the wall and then hugged them both. At this very moment no words could describe how I was feeling other than happiness.