Kim Taehyung & The Case Of The Ugly Sweater

The Four Patients You Meet In The Hospital: A Fashion Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello, Mr. Min! Are you feeling better now?" A raven haired man amiably asked as he gently pulled aside the curtains separating the two beds from each other.

"Yes doesn't even come close to describing the euphoria I am feeling at the moment, nurse." Yoongi breathlessly exhaled.

"Oh, silly me. I didn't introduce myself properly." The man adjusted the clipboard he held to his chest to the side so that his embroidered name was displayed.

"I'm Park Jimin, and I was assigned to be your physical therapist." He shot a heartwarming grin at the patient.

Flabbergasted, Yoongi fumbled for a response. "W-wait. Physical therapist? Why do I need you?"

"Well, not only you, but an incoming patient will need me too. He will be sharing this room with you very soon-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Yoongi held a hand up to stop Jimin's ramblings. "One. I don't require your services, sir. Two. I asked for a private room because I don't like my sleep to be disturbed at all."

Jimin gnawed on his lower lip, immediately recognizing an obstinate patient whenever he was given one from the hospital list. The following conversation would involve a delicate subject, but both of them were men. It really shouldn't be that much of a problem, Jimin mentally reasoned, although this would be his first time participating in such a treatment.

"I don't have much control over room assignments, but I can tell you that the hospital is doing everything it can to accomodate your needs. As for the first problem, I've looked at your diagnosis and the prognosis isn't exactly good."

"What do you mean? Dr. Han said that my boys were fine now." 

Jimin coughed a couple of times and decided to draw the curtains close for more privacy. In a calm and steady voice, he stated that Yoongi's did suffer some minor damage from being enclosed in an extremely tight pair of trousers, which needed to be rectified as soon as possible in order to have a fully functioning member.

Yoongi adamantly rejected Jimin's words to which the physical therapist suggested an examination of the said body parts to prove it. 

"You either allow me to do it voluntarily or I will have to call people to restrain you. Another option is to knock you out of course." Jimin grinned.

"Are all the employees at this hospital crazy as you?" Yoongi asked in an exasperated manner but nevertheless pulled the blanket off of his legs and lifted his gown up. His eyes bulged at the image greeting him. His had shrunken almost to the size of golf balls.

Jimin silently shook his head at the unfortunate result lying in front of him.

"H-help...Mr. Park. Please." Yoongi meekly pleaded.

Jimin lowered the gown back to its respectful length located slightly above the knees and patted the patient's shoulder.

"We have a lot of work ahead of us."

He should've known that there was something suspicious about those group of kids trailing him from across the street, but he was too engrossed in basking in the afterglow of his success.

Number 69 smacked his lips again after kissing his newfound golden trophy that he had won from the Summer Kogi Chowdown. His childish yet ecstatic face beamed back at him from the iridescent exterior. A loud burp escaped his lips, slightly fogging the trophy's surface, but he quickly wiped the condensation off with the sleeve of his mustard colored sweater.

He closed his eyes and remembered the roar of the crowd when he swallowed the last piece of pork and slammed his paper plate down on the table. The participants seated around him were too busy gawking at the medics tending to some guy who had fainted behind him, which gave him the opportunity to pull through the last several rounds in a flash. 

"Ladies and gents, the winner of our annual Summer Kogi Chowdown is Kim Taehyung! Congratulations on winning $10,000!" The announcer shouted as two volunteers made their way forward onto the stage to hand him an enormous check and trophy.

Taehyung slightly grimaced as he recalled the piercing screech of the ambulance's siren racing away from the venue. Although his heart panged from ignoring the hectic scene occurring behind him, he sincerely hoped that participant number 68 was still alive.

Shaking himself out of his dampened stupor, Taehyung resumed skipping down the sidewalk while straddling the poster-sized check under one arm and the trophy in the other. He could finally pay his rent for the next six months without worrying about being evicted again!

"Hey, ahjusshi!"

Taehyung whipped his head around and noticed the gang of kids approaching him. His body stiffened reflexively, automatically sensing an unknown danger in the air as the entire crew swaggered towards him. They all donned black sweatshirts with some sort of incomplete triangle stitched on the left chest pocket. Now that he thought about it, it kind of looked like a strange variation of the number 17, which was bizarre since there were definitely less guys than that amount.

He hugged his prizes closer to his body and warily responded. "I'm not an old man. And, besides, shouldn't you kids be in school right now? Pretty sure your butts are going to be on fire if a teacher finds out."

"Told you he was a grandpa, Hoshi."

"Fine, Woozi." Hoshi grunted in disbelief but reluctantly pulled out 5,000 won and slapped it into his friend's awaiting hand.

"Can't blame you though." Mingyu scanned Taehyung's profile. "That is one ugly sweater."

Taehyung bristled. "Excuse you, but this happens to be cashmere and very comfortable."

"Looks more like some cat pissed all over it." Wonwoo muttered.

The8 jumped in. "I agree with Woozi though. Only ahjusshis wear those pants."

Extremely irritated with all the backhanded criticisms, Taehyung marched up to the said boy and shot daggers into his eyes. "One. I ain't no senior citizen. Two. you. Three. Your balls are gonna shrivel up in those skinny jeans, kiddo, unlike me in these loose trousers."

It took Jun, Vernon, and Dino to restrain The8 as he lunged forward and nearly mawled Taehyung right then and there. 

"Whoa! Whatcha got there, G-pa?" The boy in front of the pack questioned.

"Oh god. S.coups, you already butchered your name. Please don't make the Korean language your next victim." Seunggwan groaned.

As the two boys continued arguing, Taehyung cautiously tiptoed his way past them in hopes of finding a street less isolated and with more witnesses in case things did turn sour.

"Hey! Grandpa's running away!" Junghan shouted, initiating a chase down through the local streets that ended abruptly once Taehyung tripped because his foot got caught in the edge of his airy pants.

"Let me take that off your hands, Mr. Summer Kogi Chowdown Winner." S.coups snatched the large check out of Taehyung's sweaty grip.

Taehyung's eyes fluttered in recognition of the contest. "Wait, what?"

"We saw you. We were there." Vernon blurted.

"And we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter