Some Kind Of Nightmare

Some Kind Of Nightmare

The news was on repeat in your mind. Jinhwan had gotten into a car accident on his way home from practice.

He was on his way to see you.

You made your way to the emergency room in a panicked rush, trying to get to his side.

He'll be okay, you told yourself before telling the receptionist who you were looking for.

You frantically made your way to the third floor, not even bothering with the elevator. It was too slow, and you knew that you had to get there now.

When you were greeted by your boyfriend's manager in the hallway, just outside of the intensive care unit.

"He didn't make it. You were too late. Jinhwan is dead."

Jinhwan. Dead.

No.

"I don't believe you," you said, fighting to keep your voice even. You couldn't believe the words that you were hearing. There must have been some miscommunication somewhere. "I-I just saw him. There is no way that he is gone. I don't believe you."

The manager of your boyfriend's group stood before you, a solemn look on his face as he delivered the news. He couldn't bear to look you in the eyes. "I'm sorry, but Jinhwan...He's dead. Feel free to stop by the dorm to say hi to everyone."

The man walked away, leaving you to cry alone on the floor of the bustling hallway.

"(Y/N)."

You felt tears prick the back of your eyes as his voice rang out through the room.

There was no way. He was gone.

"No," you whimpered, sinking to your knees.

"Jagiya, come on."

Your throat constricted and a small, yet high pitched whine left your lips as you buried your face in your hands.

"Jagi, you need to wake up."

And that's what did it.

You flew into a sitting position, tears already spilling over your lashes and racing down your cheeks. Your breathing was ragged and you were more than aware that your entire body was trembling. You couldn't see it through your tears, but your boyfriend's face fostered a concerned expression.

Unconsciously, you reached out to him like a little child as strangled sobs left your mouth. Jinhwan wrapped his arms carefully around you, but he held you tight enough to provide you with comfort. Enough so that you knew he was there. That he was very much alive.

"Jagiya," he whispered in your ear, rocking you back and forth a bit, pulling you even closer. Your cries became muffled by the his shirt and shoulder. "You need to calm down, (Y/N). You need to breathe."

You nodded to show that you heard him, but you couldn't get enough air into your lungs to breathe properly.

Your Oppa sat in silence as he listened to your panicked sobs and voice.

"I th-thought you were g-g-gone," you stuttered out after collecting yourself just enough to form words. "Y-your man-manager said s-so."

"(Oh, (Y/N)," he murmured to you. "I'm alright. I'm here with you. Shhh...Okay? I'm with you. But you need to calm down now, Jagiya."

You nodded weakly and pulled away, wiping your eyes on the back of your wrist, unable to look at him. Your breathing was still somewhat painful and it still was ragged, but you had made significant improvement.

One of Jinhwan's hand rubbed your back and held one of your hands, bringing it up to his lips as he applied a gentle kiss.

"You're okay, Jagi. I'm okay," he reassured you in a soothing tone. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, I promise you. I love you far too much to leave you all alone."

Even though you knew that there was simply no way that he could keep a promise like that, the statement gave you a sense of relief.

"I-I love you," you said, wrapping your arms around him, and resting your forehead in the crook of his neck.

Bring his arms around you once more, one found home in your hair, pressing you closer. "I love you, too, (Y/N). I'm not going anywhere."