Forgiveness

Let It Go

 

You choke again on your ice cream. You'd definitely be in hospital by the time this meeting was over.

 

''I mean.. in a friend way'' he corrects himself quickly. ''I want to be friends with you, with no hard feelings between us'' he pats your shoulder. ''You think because you get me ice cream and apologise, I'll forgive you for all the nasty stuff you did to me before?'' you cross your arms and scowl.

 

''Don't forget about Friday'' he looks into your eyes. You cringe and blush, severely embarrassed. ''Can you forget what you saw and what happened? Jaehyun and I are on good terms'' you plead with him. ''If you forget all of the bad stuff I did that I didn't mean. I didn't think it genuinely hurt you'' he quickly responds. ''And we'll talk about that another time''

 

Damn. He had you in a loop. Damn you Chanyeol! For a moment, you think about it. He's still Chanyeol, but putting an end to the horrible bullying would really be great. You did have to share a locker for the year after all. You decide to forgive him. You'll forgive but you won't forget. ''Fine.''

 

He breaks into a huge grin, his eyes sparkling. ''Thank you ___'' he holds out his hand for you to shake it. You squeeze it hard while shaking it, just to annoy him. He's still smiling, then looks down at your hands. You've stopped shaking hands now, why hasn't he let go? Wth.

 

The door of the shop opens and the bell twinkles. You don't even pay any attention to who just walked in because like Chanyeol, you're staring at your hands laid out on the table. The size difference was funny. Your hand is half the size of his. He actually has nice hands... You got distracted by it for a moment, then realised you were practically holding hands with him. The same hand that stole your slice of cake in the cafeteria. You remember it and pull your hand away, aggravated. Then embarrassed.

 

He coughs awkwardly then eats his ice cream, you do the same. He waits for you to finish while continuing the bus conversation. When you're both done, he guides you out of the shop into the Autumn air.

 

''I guess I'll see you tomorrow'' you look up and down the street. ''Or I could walk you home'' he turns to you. ''Isn't that weird? that's like what people do after a date'' you laugh. ''Who said this isn't a date?'' he looks down at you.

 

He's playing with you. You burst into laughter and punch his shoulder. ''Yeah right, if it was a date I would've never agreed to go with you. I'll just walk home now, my mom wants me to get her some stuff from the grocery store anyway'' you swing your bag over your shoulder. He actually looks sad at what you just said. Oops.

 

''Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Be safe ____'' he goes to wait at the bus stop. ''I will be safe, as long as I don't bump into anyone like the old you!!!'' you jeer and skip down the road. Skipping is really nerdy, but you don't care. It's your primary mode of transport. *sunglasses emoji*

 

You finish getting your things from the grocery store and wait for your mom to pick you up. To your surprise, she's already waiting for you. She's standing outside the car, leaning against the door talking to somebody. You fast approach, wanting to ditch the bags already. But when you get closer, you're horrified at who she's speaking to.

 

WHY is Jaehyun speaking to your mother!? He doesn't even know her!! You quicken the pace, demanding to know why he's there.

 

''What's he doing here!?'' you almost shout. Your mom scowls at you. ''Honey, there's no need for that. Jaehyun recognised me from when I used to pick you up from school! He just stopped to chat about school! He's a lovely boy'' she smiles at him. Your stomach drops.

 

Gross.

 

''I think I need to talk to him on my own for a second, about.. top secret school stuff'' you smile angelically at your mom then drag him to where she can't hear you. ''Leave me alone'' you spit. ''What are you even doing here?'' you're angry. Attacking you is one thing, involving himself with your mom is another.

 

''My dad owns this chain of stores, . I'm just making sure that you know your place and what I'm capable of'' he smirks. ''Yeah well, I did what you asked and I told everyone that we're on good terms so you can leave me alone now'' you turn and walk back to the car. You feel so violated. How dare he. You're seething. Your mom continues to praise him the whole car ride home. You sit tight and grit your teeth. You hate him.