Restless

Running Complexity

A/N: from this chapter the story has no connection with the prologue^^ Chanyeol and Suho will come out when the time comes!

The sky in Winchester was gray today. People open their umbrella and the unlucky ones looking for cover. The others who don’t care run through the rain. Some kids enjoy playing together under it. I used to like playing after the rain when the sun met the humid and creates rainbow.

I can’t see much from my bedroom window. I am lucky to cooped up inside during cats and dogs weather. Water splatters against the window, making drumming noises that sooths my mind. The coldness of the glass feels nice on my fingertips. I try to press my cheek onto the glass like Sehun does sometimes but the footrest ban me to do it. Yet again I feel angry. I open the lock and invited the rain into my room. The water fell down onto my skin harshly, but I don’t care.

You are nothing Kyungsoo, nothing.

Those noises came again, the same voice that has been haunting me for the past two years.

You’re a parasite to everyone’s life why couldn’t you just die and rot away like a trash you are.

Stop please anyone make it stop. I try to block the buzz by covering my ears but it’s useless.

I’m sorry.

“Master Kyungsoo!”

Sehun’s voice brought me back to reality back from the dark. He closes the window hurriedly and picks me up from my wheel chair. Sehun is always a gentle person, he carefully lays me down onto my bed as he says,

“Master what were you doing? You’re going to get sick!”

Sehun rummages through my wardrobe and comes back with a towel in hand. He proceeds to dry me slowly, starting from my hair. I my white shirt and pants. He has already seen everything anyways.

“Master?”

He tries to talk to me again, something that I wish he didn’t.

“Are the noises bugging you again?”

I glare at him through my long wet fringe.

“It’s not your fault hyung.”

Those words, I need it desperately. A reminder from someone I truly cared that I’m not a false hope.

At least that’s what I think he’s trying to do.

 I try really hard not to let the tears slip. But I cry anyway, I always did. I’m weak but everyone always sees me as a tough nut, I’m not. I’m a cup made of paper that’s ripping in half.

Sehun wraps his arms around my thin body, letting me wets his dress shirt my snots. Sehun has always been beside me, ever since I could remember. Even though he’s supposed to be only a butler.

I need him.

 

---

 

It’s sunny, completely contrast from the rain yesterday. I sit there in my wheel chair while gazing out of the good weather. Enjoying the silence.

“My Kyungsoo! How are you? I bet you’re waiting for me!”

“God … my ears… And for your information I’m perfectly content until you came.” My eyebrows twitch from having to hear his high-pitched voice.

My beloved annoying cousin has decided to come visit me again, for whatever reason.

“Grumpy as always I see.” He shows his famous cheshire cat smile from alice in wonderland and sat on the arm of my wheelchair. Jongdae is the only cousin I have, the next person who cares about me even if he’s super-irritating most of the time.

“Hey I ate all of the cookies Sehun made you, I’m not sorry though.” Scratch that all the time.

“Master Jongdae, please don’t sit there. There’s a perfectly fine sofa waiting for you to settle down.” Sehun comes in, carrying a tray of tea and chocolate cake. I’ve been waiting for Sehun’s cookies though … they are absolutely delicious.

“Okay-okay fine, geez you’re worse than Kyungsoo. Wipe that frown from your face or you’ll be those scary grandfathers you see in movies.” He actually moves though so I’m glad.

Sehun ignored my cousin and wheeled me next to the coffee table, pouring me a cup of my favorite jasmine tea and cutting me a piece of the cake. Jongdae takes the liberty of the sofa and lies down with his shoes on. Until now I still don’t understand how a noble blood ran through him.

“Kim Jongdae what do you want this time?” I say tiredly and then take a sip of my tea. Sehun always does the right temperature that is quite hot but won’t burn my tongue.

“I just want to talk.”

That’s the cue for Sehun to walk out and leave us alone. Jongdae may be obnoxious but he can be dead serious if he wants too.

“What about?”

“My uncle.” Jongdae’s tone change, it is not lively anymore.

“He’s still trying to get rid of me you know.”

“What did he do this time?” I ask surprisingly. Jongdae’s uncle is not a family you prefer.

Jongdae and me are both the heir of our family, the Do’s and the

Kim’s. The so called drama happened and Jongdae’s uncle wanted more than just a share of inheritance. I think he’s the most pathetic person in the world, I sometimes hope he would stop doing that since we share the same blood. The more I think about the blood relation, the more disgusting it is.

“He tried to crash my car. And don’t ask me how do I know it’s him, I’ve seen that car before and the person inside is his ing servant! He’s-!“

“Master, please.” We both whip our head simultaneously to the door. Baekhyun is standing there, a frown matching Sehun’s on his face. He’s Jongdae’s butler, the only one who could tame Jongdae’s monkey like acts.

“He’s not-“

“Oh really Baekhyun, we all know he’s behind it.”

The butler ruffles his unruly hair and leaves the room.

“Baekhyun is the one driving so I think I’m lucky this time. He’s mad you know! He did all those drifting and it was so awesome!”  

I really want to shout at his face because at that time someone is actually trying to end his life. This is why I don’t understand Jongdae and his weird antics. I rest my head on my hand, while asking, “You don’t trust your own driving skills?

“It’s not like that. Do you know how you trust Sehun with all your life?”

I nod, knowing perfectly what he meant.

“Well if he’s the one driving that means my life is in Baekhyun’s hands right?”

“Right …” I motion him to continue even if I don’t fully understand it.

“So I trust that he will protect me more than I trust my self!” He points at himself and take a bite off my cake, leaving all of the cream around his mouth. “I put my life on his hands, almost literally.”

“That’s so incredibly stupid …”

“No that’s incredibly brilliant.”

 

---

 

After Jongdae went home, Sehun takes me out to the garden for a walk. Well more like he walks and I sit there while he pushes me.

“The tulips are also beautiful today master.” He said as we pass through the rows of tulips my grandmother planted.

“You’re doing it again.”

“Sorry?”

“You’re calling me master.” I unconsciously pout and Sehun moves and bends down to my eye level.

“Will you please smile when I call you hyung then?” He asked me in a serious tone.

“Sure?”

“Then I’ll happily call you hyung, hyung.” He grins and then resumes to pushing me around the garden.

 

---

 

It was raining again. However this time Sehun already tucked me into bed so I can’t get up and open the window. It’s much worse than yesterday, there are numerous lightning even the wind makes the tress shake angrily.

I try to sleep to make the noises not come tonight but I think it was useless. Tonight the nature is the one keeping me awake.

It’s the same restless night again.

 

A/N: thank you for reading, it's quite short but i hope you enjoyed it! -nanda

subsribe and comment are very much appreciated!^^