The Epilogue - Cold Part II: Reheating

Cold

The Epilogue - Cold Part II: Reheating

 

The room stayed quiet.

 

In the semi-uncomfortable silence Namjoon clung to the blankets that incased him, trying to prevent the shivering that still racked his body. “I will do everything to make it up to you and to Army. I’ll cancel all appearances outside of group activities. I’ll devote all my time to composing. I’ll stay in the background I promise. I’ll-“ His voice failed him as another shiver made itself known.

 

“Let’s make you some tea, alright?” Jimin questioned as he turned to the small coffee-maker located in the hotel room. He filled it with water, leaving out the coffee, and turned it on, “Once this gets hot I’ll get you a nice cup of tea. That will warm you up some.” He smiled softly.

 

Namjoon’s confused gaze focused on Jimin as he spoke, why are they not forgiving me? “I-”

 

“You’re still shivering!” Hoseok carelessly opened the closest suitcase, not knowing which member it belonged to, looking for warmer clothes. “Well, it’s not much but this might help you warm up a bit more.” He commented as he pulled a beanie over Namjoon’s head.

 

“Why won’t-“ but again he was interrupted.

 

Yoongi gave a frustrated sigh, “Do you have any idea how terrified we were when the manager told us about the threat and YOU weren’t with us!?”

 

Namjoon blinked.

 

“Hyung…we were really worried…you didn’t answer our calls…and then you would answer the door…and then the bathroom door was locked.” Jungkook made his way towards the leader. “We thought maybe someone had…” his words fell silent. He collapsed on the bed next to Namjoon, forcefully ramming his head into the other’s shoulder before adding, “We were worried.”  

 

“I’m sorry.” Namjoon mumbled.

 

“Stop…Hyung, sorry for what?” Taehyung moved and kneeled in front of the bed looking up at Namjoon. “Sorry someone threatened to shoot you? Sorry someone wanted you dead; wanted to kill you?” He placed his arms against the elder’s legs and leaned closer. “You didn’t ask for it.”

 

Didn’t I? I need to watch my words better…If I was just careful; smarter; no one would have been disappointed today…Army would have had their full concert and-

 

Taehyung continued, “What did you tell me when people thought I had made fun of Bigbang?” without waiting for a reply Taehyung answered his own question, “You said, ‘We know what happen-we know you love Bigbang and were excited; Bigbang knows; Army knows. Those are the only opinions that matter. So please, just smile again.’ See, Hyung? This is the same. So please just smile.”

 

How is this the same? Taehyungie, you had done nothing wrong…

 

“Get out of your head for once in your life, please!” Yoongi exclaimed sitting down on the side of Namjoon not taken up by the maknae. “Stop internalizing everything. What happened tonight was not your fault.”

 

“But-“ a hot cup of tea being all but thrown in his face stopped him.

 

“Nothing you did, regardless of what it was, deserved a death threat.” Jimin stated finding his place next to Taehyung on the floor.

 

Namjoon took a drink, he could feel the heat spread through him internally just like the presence of s created heat externally. He sighed, “I still need to make it up to you; to Army. Even if it wasn’t my intention to anger people…I did…” he paused but not long enough to be interrupted again. “As leader I need to take responsibility. I need to make things right.” For everyone, although your dishearten faces are what hurts the most. As long as I can make it up to the six of you…

 

Seokjin, who had up until now remained quiet, stepped forward. He seated himself behind Namjoon on the bed and lowered his head so that it was resting on the other’s back. “You have nothing that needs to be made up to us. Do you think, that had we known your life was threatened while we were being taken off stage we would have said, ‘What? Who cares! We can finish. What’s the worst that can happen?’” Jin reached around pulling Namjoon into a loose back hug. “’Cause that’s not how it would have went down.”

 

“How would you have reacted? If it were one of us who had our lives threatened?” Hoseok decided on squeezing in between Seokjin and Namjoon, making sure his presence was known, “Answer the question. What would you have done?”

 

“I would have canceled the concert.” Namjoon stated, “Then I would probably have found out who said it and seen what else I could do to resolve the problem.”

 

Hoseok and the others laughed softly, “See. If anything, you would have done more.”

 

“I’m still sorry…”

 

“We know.”

 

 

 

 

AN: Hopefully no one is too disappointed. Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented! It really does mean a great deal. And thank you to all the fans who have welcomed me into the Army-I always find it kind of terrifying trying to join in with a new fandom, but you guys have been nothing but nice <3