A little break

Beauty, or a Beast?

Hyung Seung’s POV

“Miss, please take a look at this fresh crab.”

“Shhh~ He’s not a girl, newbie.”

“Oh, sorry...” I mentally sigh. Why does everyone keep thinking that I’m a girl, or directly saying that I’m pretty? I’m not ok? Sometimes I wish I have more masculine features, like Doo Joon hyung.

“So… is this King crab, ahjumma? They look healthy.”

“Yes they are. And yes, these are very healthy. You know me, I only allow the freshest, healthiest ones in this store. Do you want to buy them? I’ll tell him prepare for you right away.”

Dong Woon would love crab sushi today.

“Yes, I’d like this one please.” Yes, I know they are extremely expensive. But we can afford to treat ourselves once in a while right? We haven’t had any crab for almost a whole year already. We’re trying to keep a balanced diet… and the allowance we have doesn’t allow it. Besides, not like we will eat it all in one go. This crab will last us at least a month!  “Oh, and prepare it for me and wrap the meat up.” I’m still a student, so I will definitely do not have time to prepare the crab. I still want to buy a living one though, to make sure its freshness. Besides, I always ask them to wrap the meat, any kind of meat I buy, so I can easily store them. I know six guys sound like a look of mouths to feed, but we actually don’t eat that much meat.

I check my wallet. The remaining is enough to buy chicken then. Ki Kwang can’t eat seafood, so I’m making him a chicken sushi, I guess. “Hi ahjumma, I’d like a kilo of chicken please.” I say to the ahjumma at the chicken booth. Like the crab, I ask her to wrap the meat.

After I’ve receive the meat, I walk to the vegetables aisle.

“Hello.” I jump back in shock, but quickly regain my composure.

“Yang Yu Rin? What the f- I mean, what are you doing here.” Phew~ Thank God I almost slipped.

“Grocery shopping.” I can’t help but look at her confusedly. I happen to know she’s from a pretty well-off family. She even has a personal chauffeur. Besides, she’s in a wheelchair! (Dong Woon still feels guilty about that, although we all know how much we hate her).

“My workers are. I’m just tagging along for some fresh air, and to check out the place they always go to. I’ve got to admit, this place is really nice.”

“Why are you even acting like this? What are you planning?” I ask.

“Oh, it’s weekend. I’m on a break. Do you think my life only includes destroying you six?”

“Yes.” I answer bluntly. Don’t get me wrong, it’s just how I am.

“Oh, make sense. I mean, I don’t really have a life anymore thanks to you “beasts”.”

“What did we ever do to you?” I ask, trying to suppress my emotions.

“It’s not what you did. It’s what you didn’t. Besides, do you want to start a fight here?”

She’s right. Even though we’re in the vegetables aisle, where nobody is but us, others can still hear us if we yell. Besides, she didn’t really do anything. She just said “Hello”.

“Whatever, I’ll just get a few things and I’ll be going. Goodbye.”

“Oh, just relax. I’m really not planning to do anything. I’ll get you later if you’re worried. Goodbye too.” That girl is way too scary. She said all of it, with an innocent smile (I assume she’s smiling. Her eyes look like it. The scarf hides her lips).

Not wanting to say anything else, I push the cart away as soon as I get the last thing I need.

“That will be…” I can’t hear anything else after the cashier says the price. What? I ask the cashier the total price again, and she shows me the prices on the screen to check it myself. The beef and the chicken are that pricy?

“Uhm… I don’t… Can I-”

“I’ll pay for him.” Yang Yu Rin? “Here.” She says as she hand the cashier her credit card.

“No need. I can handle this.”

“Oh no, it’s alright. It’s only a few wons.”

“Mister, it’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with your girlfriend paying!” The cashier says, looks annoyed. On the other hand, I stand still, stunned as Yu Rin enters the pin code. What?

“What are you planning? Why did you pay for me?” I whisper silently as I push her wheelchair outside.

“What do mean? I didn’t mean anything. I really just want to pay for you. Although I hate you to the core and I want to destroy you, I still think it’s a good thing to do. You looked like you really want those things you bought. It’s just like… helping a friend out. We’re also schoolmates too. So don’t think anything about it. Oh, don’t need to pay me back. After my break, I will hate you all again so I won’t accept anything from you.”

“Fine, I’ll consider this as a random kindness from a random stranger. Are you sure you don’t want anything? I can give you the money I currently have. The balance between how much you paid will be smaller.”

“No thanks. You can keep it.”

Wow, she’s… nice?

Your POV

He doesn’t look like he really believes me, but doesn’t say anything.

Well, if someone does so much harmed to me then suddenly be nice to me, I will be skeptic too.

But honestly, I really just do it out of kindness. Aside from my revengeful hatred for them, I really do think they are nice people. I just can’t forgive what they did to me.

“Miss! Miss! What are you doing out here?” A worker frantically runs towards me. “It’s alright. I was a bit bored. Besides, I’m still in here. Anyway, are you done?”

“Uh yes. Seol ssi is at the checkout. We’ll be leaving as soon as he’s done.”

Hyung Seung’s POV

“I’m back!” I shout as I take off my shoes. “I have a surprise for you four~”

“What do you mean “four” hyung?”

“Uhm, sorry Ki Kwang, but you can’t eat seafood so… you’ll have chicken. But the rest, we’ll have crab!!!”

“YES!!!”

“Aw. Alright, chicken is good too.”

----------

As I wait for the crab, my mind wanders to what happened.

When she’s not busy breaking us, Yang Yu Rin can be nice sometimes. And she… she actually looks so cute back there. Even with the scar, she still has this ethereal beauty. I know it probably comes from her succubus blood, but…

Oh, I think the crab’s done. I guess everything’s done. I can start making sushi now.

“Hyung, can I use your bathroom?” We are living in the school dorm to save money. We have two bedroom and two bathrooms. So we divided into two parts, one for the hyungs and one for the dongsaeng.

“What happened to your bathroom?”

“Uhm… Ki Kwang hyung is using it. I don’t want to bother him…”

I gesture Dong Woon to use mine. I understand now.

Ki Kwang always stays in the bathroom for a long time whenever he feels sad or lonely. And recently, he does that more and more often. I’m worried that he may have developed depression.

The online comments are getting to him. Ever since he had “that” reputation, his social networks have been flooded with bad ones. I’m not sure if that is enough to considered “cyber-bully”, but it have certainly all caused huge damages to him.

In fact, it has affected all of us. Those of us who are clever enough to avoid them are better. But the rest is terrible. Doo Joon hyung is also deeply affected by it. He may seem tough, but he is the most sensitive of us all. I’ve seen him cried over this extreme comment.

“Why is Dong Woon showering in our bathroom?” Jung Hyung asks me.

“Ki Kwang’s using the other one.”

“Oh~” Then he says nothing.

We all know what’s happening with the poor boy. Yo Seob told me he once went into the bathroom during one of those Ki Kwang “moods”. What he saw? The boy was sitting in the bathtub, immersed in his iPod with red eyes, hinting he had cried before. We then all had a mutual agreement to never share the bathroom with Ki Kwang. It has become some sort of “personal space” for him.

“Can I use your bathroom?” Yo Seob asks as he comes out of his room.

“Dong Woon’s using it.”

“Oh~ Never mind.”

“It’s all because of that [censored]” I don’t say anything, but I know who he’s talking about. It’s true that she’d caused all of this. “Can’t believe everyone thinks she’s this “sweet, nice, innocent” girl. No, she’s a fox.”

“I don’t know. Maybe she really is.” I can’t help but defend her. I mean, what I saw today did seem like something else.

“We told you Hyung Seung. She probably planned something to help you like that. Trust me, when we go back to school tomorrow, at least one of us will get into trouble thanks to her again.” I know. She did tell me she would go back to hating us. “She’s nothing but a two-face [censored]”

Jung Hyung is always the direct one, while I remain silent most situations. He hates her a lot. Personally, she turned him into a player, a disgusting at school. That is the second worst crime in school, probably only behind any kind of discrimination, like homophobic. He suffers a lot because of that. Especially when his not-so-secret crush Kim Jang Mi unsubtly hates him.

Still, I can’t help but thinking maybe Yu Rin isn’t that bad from the start. There’s still something good in her. Maybe we really did something to her, which made her despites us.

I chuckle. I just can’t believe I’m now thinking about her.

Forget it. She hates me, she hates BEAST. Even if she’s nice, there’s no way she will be nice to us.