Trouble makers

Beauty, or a Beast?

Your POV

“What do you mean?” The crowd circles around the two students, the infamous Yong Jun Hyung and Ji Sun, his new “victim”. Whispers can be heard from different directions, basically they all express pity for the girl and disgust to the former. “What do you mean there’s nothing between us! Does three months mean anything to you?”

“Stop lying! I don’t even remember having met you.” The boy, as expected, responds nonchalantly, upsetting the girl and everyone more. The girl ends up crying, when suddenly, a male student attack Jun Hyung. Oh, Ji Hoon, her brother.

“You [censored] bastard. How dare you treat my sister like that?” Everyone first is shocked with the sudden assault, but then sympathizes with him. They all agree Jun Hyung is a player and deserves it. Still, he doesn’t look fazed and stares back.

“Well. Maybe your sister is a liar. I have never met her before.”

“You!”

“Hey hey, break it! You three, and you five too, my room now!”

“Why us?”

“Mr. Yong Jun Hyung here is always with you five, causing havoc. This must be related to you too. I want you all in my room in five minutes, or five hours after school every day.” Wow, Ms. Kahi sure is strict. “And the rest, return to class at once!” My friend and I follow others back to our class. She isn’t really my “friend” friend, but she is my seatmate and we talk often. Besides, she’s one of those few that do not seem to be scared of or pity me for the horrendous burn scar. She is pretty chill.

Suddenly, I feel a slight chill. I turn my head and see Dong Woon, a member of BEAST, is glaring at me. I pull up my large scarf and subtly hide behind Amber. However, she notices.

“I still can’t believe they’re still bullying you. Bullying is one thing, bullying one specific person over and over is the worst. Ugh!”

“I guess I’m just an easy target.” I mumble, unconsciously pull up my scarf even higher.

“Hey, you can eat with my friend today!’ She exclaims, putting her hand around my shoulder.

“No thank you. I’m helping with the knitting group today.”

“Ok then. But you’re free to join us.”

I know she means well. But I’m not exactly comfortable around her main group, f(x). They’re nice people, but I can see the pity in their eyes. I hate it. It’s even worse than people insulting me.

Besides, the knitting group really is busy. The whole group is working hard for a huge order. There are always large orders one to two months before fall.

----------

I look around. It’s 10 minutes until lunch break is over, yet nobody has anything yet. After school we also have to stay and continue the work.

“Hey, how about I buy something simple for all of us.”

“Sure. Thank you. I’ll pay you back later.”

I take my wallet and head to the cafeteria. The hallway sure is empty, as most students have found a place to eat by now. Normally, I will just eat in the bathrooms. Don’t worry. The school’s bathrooms are very clean, so it’s fine. I just don’t like to awkwardly sit with someone who tries to act as normally as possible.

Suddenly, I’m push harshly into the wall. BEAST. I should have guessed.

“How may I help you?” I try to keep my composure.

“Don’t play games with us. It was you wasn’t it? Dong Woon saw you at the scene. Ms. Kahi, you must have been the one called for her. Thanks to you we have to clean the gym every day for three weeks!” Doo Joon yells at me.

“If you’ve done with wrongly accusing me, can I go now? I have something to do.” I keep a straight voice, not wanting to deny it. It would just agitate them more. But seems like it didn’t work the way I wanted. They look absolutely furious. Doo Joon even looks like he wants to punch me, which might happen as he did that before.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing? Hitting a girl?”

“Aish! You- This is not over yet!” And the group angrily walks away. Yo Seob gives me one last glare the follow the others.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes, I’m alright. Thank you very much.”

“Don’t worry. It’s the right thing to do… Uhm… I think you should report this to the teachers. Bullying is a serious business.”

“No thanks. It’s not as serious as people think. I can handle it. Once again, thank you.”

Look at my watch, I’ve already wasted three minutes. I’d better run or the group won’t have enough time to eat.

In the end, I buy sandwiches for them. And just enough time before the lunch break is over. We temporary stop the work and lock up the room.

“Oh, I might have a quiz today and I might be late. So Yu Rin ssi, you’re usually the earliest. Would you mind keeping the keys and open the room later?”

“Not at all.”

“Great. Thanks.”

I quickly walk to my classroom. Ah, here it is…

“Ah!”

I fall down on my knees, hard. Oh my, I think something broke in there. The pain is so intolerable!

Wait…

OUCH!!! Stretching my legs hurts so much. Yep, there is definitely something wrong with my knees.

The whole class and some other students gather around me. The class monitor furiously walks over to me and yells at someone. I look up. Son Dong Woo, the student who stays back a grade.

“What the [censored] is wrong with you! What part of “no bullying” in the school rules you don’t get?”

Everyone else also looks angry at him. In ETS, even if you’re absolutely beautiful, you’ll be hated if you act like a douche. And bullying, along with racism, ism and homophobic is one of the most hated actions.

“I did nothing. She tripped on her own.”

“[censored]! I saw you stick out your leg!”

“You have proof?”

“You [cens-”

“It doesn’t matter! What matters is Yu Rin. I’m taking her to the clinic. Everyone please return to your seats.” The vice-monitor says. The monitor still looks angry, but he looks a bit calmer. As usual, the two leaders of my class.

“I’ll go too. It’s also my duty to take care of a class member. And it’ll be easier to hold her. Yu Rin, do your knees hurt when moving.” I painfully nod. “I’ll run to the clinic for the stretcher. Hold on.”

----------

The moment my parents heard about my sprained knees, they immediately ordered a wheelchair delivered right to me. In fact, it is being set up right now.

Both my parents are actually in Africa. They’re wildlife explorers, and very busy. But they do care for me a lot. Especially after the “thing”. I think they feel guilty, so they try to make it up for me as much as possible. I don’t complain of course. Though it may be overdone sometimes, I think that it’s nice of them.

My male maid then carries me to the wheelchair.

“You can go home now, all of you. I’ll call when I want to go home.”

Knowing better, the maids politely bow to me and go.

“Wow~ I don’t know you’re so rich Yu Rin ssi.” Hearing someone’s voice, I quickly pull my scarf higher. It’s Jang Mi ssi. We’ve never talked before, but have heard about each other. She is pretty famous in my school, for both look and intelligence. “And what happened?”

“It’s ok. It’s nothing really.” I politely answer.

“It’s Dong Woon.  He tripped you didn’t he?”

“How did-”

“Everyone’s talking about it. I can’t believe BEAST never gets punished hard for bullying. You really should report this.”

“No, I’m fine. Nothing to worry about. I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding.”

“Well, if you say so.”

“And… uh… I’m sorry you have to say that to your boyfriend Jang Mi ssi.”

“Boyfriend?”

“Yes. Yong Jun Hyung ssi.” Jang Mi ssi frantically denies it. She looks like she absolutely hates the idea. “But he did tell everyone so.”

“Uh, he must have been joking. We’re not dating. He’s, uh, not my type.”

----------

We finally finish one third the order today. So everyone agrees to call it a day and go home.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to push your wheelchair for you.”

“Yeah, I’m sure I can manage. Thank you.”

“Well, if that’s what you want.”

Of course, as soon as the sight of me on a wheelchair is seen, everyone wants to help. Really, it’s not that big of an issue. The wheelchair is automatic, so it’s very convenient for me. Besides, the school itself was built to be as accessible for the disabled as possible.

Pulling up my scarf a little bit, I control my wheelchair to go straight.

Suddenly, someone from the gym call my name. Curious, I go in to see who it was.

Great. BEAST.