Twist of Fate

The Princes of Floral Land


 

PicsArt_1438083574996.jpg

Han’s POV

 

There is no time.I must follow Jiang quickly.Why will he do that?I don’t understand.His protection,sometimes,is over the top.I hate that.”Song,get me some armor. Anywhere.From anyone.”I ordered him.Song ran and rushed to find one.Cute guy. If only he was my real brother.His mother scheming and evil doings made Liang and I wary of them.Although his mother was sent away,we still find it awkward around him.Hence,we rarely invite him for anything.Both Liang and I are just happy that there is no hatred between us and Song.I hope he will understand.

 

While Song searched for armor,I packed a few bags of poison I invented.It is out of laws to bring poison or use poison anywhere in palace but I loved inventing things and I happened to made that accidentally.The reason why I wanted to go for war,was for this too.To test out the poison I invented.It could be a great help for our army.

 

Song,ran back,carrying palace soldier’s armor.He looked at me with worried eyes and said “Ge.I failed to get the princy armor,only this.Also,I can’t find tag. Since no one is willing to give me.”Oh yes.Now then I realised. Tag.In this highly guarded cold palace,everyone carry tag excepts royalities like us.I can’t use my position to get out since it will complicate the matters and make Father angry Liang for lying. And I also don’t have tag…

 

Song.Look.You didn’t see me today and know nothing about this event.Ge needs to rush to follow your big brother.” I reminded him .Song looked at me with his innocent eyes and nodded.I pat his head and ran of to the palace gate.

 

The heavily guarded gate.I have no way to out.This is the first time I feel loss and hopelessness.A lot of questions flew into my mind.Should I leave or just return to my palace and hide? A beautiful figure with long hair came towards my way.Under the moonlight,her face shone like a second moon.She came towards me and gasped when she saw my face. I covered to prevent her from shouting.Then I held her,and brought her to somewhere dark.That was the second time I held her.

 

“Your highness!I thought you went for war?Why are you here?”

“What is your name?”

Mei.”

Mei.Do you trust me?”

“Of course.I do.” Her eyes sparkled when she answered me.I knew it.She was the right person.

“Give me your tag.”

“But I need Tag.They check our tags every morning.”

“You trust me right?” I looked at deeply into her eyes.

“I will do anything for you Prince.” She then handed me the tag.I hugged her in appreciation and ran back to gate.Thank you Mei.

 

Leaving the palace was much easier with tag.I hide my face with my scarf and told the guard that I was palace soldier,returning home. They bought my story and let me out immediately. I ran towards North.Hoping to join Battle. Liang Ge,why must you give me trouble? you should be punished by me when everything end.


 

I though all the troubles have ended once I’m out of the palace.I was wrong. The capital of Floral Land is so big that I am still in it.With just my feet,it is impossible to travel miles.It is already dawn and I have been walking for 4 hours and still not reach outskirt of Capital. I need a horse.But how am I supposed to get that ?

 

A rooster crowed and ran towards me. Oh no.That’s bad.As much as I am trained to kill in war and be brave,I am such a loser when I see those birdy creatures.I ran away from it and I bet my actions attracted his attention more.He then started attacking me.

“Ahhh!”

“Han!Don’t run anymore!” A maiden stopped me,or that what I guess.

“HAN!I am going to be angry if you continue!!!” I stopped at her order. As a prince,no one ordered me except my parents and Liang but why I am listening to her?I don’t know.Once I stopped,the chicken jumped towards me,which I collapsed under his attack.I closed my eyes tightly in fear.

 

“As a guy,you sure is scared of a chicken.” Her sweet voice tangled my ears.I opened my eyes slowly and saw a woman,a very stunning woman.She has the radiance of the beauty of goddess. My heart beated fast upon seeing her. She then carried the chicken with ease and walked back to the way she came.

“Maiden,wait!”

She turned back and looked at me with her mesmerizing eyes.

“yes?”

“I… need your help.Do you know any place where I can get a horse?”

She walked towards me and looked at me head to toes.“Why? Who and why will you need it?” She is suspicious of me..

I sighed and started think hard how to answer these simple questions. I can’t reveal my identity and will she really believe me if I say lies?

“Well.As you see,I am the soldier..”

“I don’t think you are a soldier..You look even younger than me,no weapons,no horse or with the troops.All you have is this armor.I can’t give you the horse without proper explanation.”

 

She caught me.I have no choice but I still cannot tell her my real identity. Both of us will be in danger if someone wants to attack me.

“I...I am joining my brother,he is general fighting the Gaha.I just want to go there and give him something that is very important to him.Without it,he will be in greater danger,I…”

“Oh you are General’s brother.Come.I will get you my horse. They are fighting hard for the country and if that is important for him...I will help.”

She brought me to her small house and beside it, a horse stable.she smiled at me with her entrusting smile that make me forget everything.Every action of hers is eye catcching for me.”Go.”She ordered.I climbed on the horse and leave for borders but I want to see her again.I really want to.

 

~~~

 

It is amazing that Liang has able to defend the further attacks and even driving the Gaha out of Floral Land within a day.He sure is skilled in Arts of War but something irks me.It is the loss of our soldiers.Many have died when I reached the main camp.With only a few hundreds of soldiers left under Laing, he himself might die in this war even if he could drive them out.I can’t allow my brother to die.He is so percious for me.I took a sword from dead soldier and started fighting my way to the wall. Then I climbed  get better views.I saw Liang,who is fighting hard.As a first time seeing war right in front of me,it was devastating.Although Gaha troops is losing our troops isn’t doing anything better either.I tooked out poison that I invented and put them in water.I ordered the soldiers on top of city wall to shoot the enemies  with that.As I have expected,this poison numb the body of Gaha soldiers,hence it was easier for our troops to attack.Liang looked back briefly and I waved at him. Ge,I am here,I am here to help you.

 

I ordered the soldiers on wall to continue shooting poison arrows while,I ride the horse towards Liang to give him the poisoned sword.Liang body was full with blood from dead soldiers that he killed.Although he continued fighting,his movements are jerky.I know,he is really tired. Ge,hang in there. I tried to pass him poison sword,I want him to kill the Gaha’s crowned prince,who is leading their troops with that.However,before I could pass him the sword,I saw Gaha’s crowned prince,ready to slash him. Liang was oblivious.Subconsciously, I jumped and covered his body with mine. The sword fall towards me.At that point of time,I remembered nothing but Ge’s kindness over the year...and the face of  unknown maiden whom I just met...