1/1

we'll be okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n : inspired by THIS buzzfeed video, this SONG and also by this POST ; #37 “Can I kiss you?”   

   It’s 2 a.m. in the morning, but Jisoo nor Jeonghan can fall asleep. They’re huddled close on Jisoo’s old couch in his apartment, blasting their favorite song, but neither of them know what to say. Nothing’s lighting up the apartment other than the colorful and out-of-season Christmas lights they were too lazy to take down. With their hands loosely intertwined, Jeonghan rests his head on Jisoo’s shoulder.

   

   Earlier that week, the company that Jeonghan works for announced that they were opening at another location. The new location happens to be 3000 miles away from Jisoo. And although it’s good news, they can expand their company, he can’t shake off the fact that he was given the chance to go and get promoted or stay and continue his current position. It wouldn’t even be permanent, just a few years.

   

   Of course, Jisoo had seemed happy for him and told him that he shouldn’t be stupid. Jisoo had told him that he wasn’t a good enough reason for Jeonghan to stay. Jeonghan had smacked Jisoo at that moment. He told Jisoo that if he had one reason to stay, it would be him. And at the statement, Jisoo had smiled.

   

   “I shouldn’t hold you back from something you love Han,” he said, as he tugged the older closer to him.

 

   “You’re someone that I love,” Jeonghan had replied, lifting Jisoo’s hand up before pressing a chaste kiss to his knuckles.

 

   “But I don’t give you a stable finance.”

 

   “That’s the last thing I need from you.”

 

   “Take the offer, Han, I know you want too. I shouldn’t hold you back.”

   

   “Will you wait for me?” Jeonghan asked, watching a sad smile bloom onto Jisoo’s features.

 

   “I would wait until the end of the world just for you.”

   

   They had put off the topic for a while, three days to be exact. Then it was the last night Jeonghan would spend with Jisoo. It seemed to be fine, Jeonghan would go for a few years and Jisoo would come visit or vice versa. Then Jeonghan would come back and they would still be happy with each other. That’s how long distance works right? Even through ups and downs you’d still love each other. At least, that’s what Jeonghan thought was going to happen.

   

   “Maybe,” Jisoo paused, “Maybe it would be easier to break up with each other.”

   

   Jeonghan stopped eating dinner and stared at Jisoo, “What?”

   

   “I know you heard me Jeonghan.”

   

   “But why? We can make this work Jisoo,” Jeonghan was beginning to grow worried.

   

   “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter