part 1

A Sloth's Birthday ( Happy Birthday Wonwoo! )

16/7 23:00

“Guys! Stop for a while!” The dance instructor’s loud voice interrupted Seventeen’s practice as the music stopped. For a while, all that could be heard were the thirteen boy’s heavy breathing as it echoed through the wide space.

“You can rest for a while now! An hour break before we start again!” The instructor spoke loudly, telling the boys the plans as some of them immediately laid down on the ground tired and some of them headed for a cold cup of water in the café area. “I heard that you have no schedule tomorrow, so let’s practice until the morning then we can all get some rest okay?”

After those words and a smile, the instructor left the practice room and went off somewhere else. The members never followed any of their teachers away, they preferred to talk during their rest time or actually take some rest by not moving and not doing anything. By the instructor’s words, they figured that their practice would go to around 3 to 4 in the morning. To them, it was normal, if they had no schedules, then they would always practice til very late, or well, early on the day before. 

Wonwoo sighed deeply before laying down on the ground along with some of the other members. It was a special day tomorrow, and the first thing he would do is practice? What a shame. The boy closed his eyes to take a better rest. Normally, he wouldn’t be that tired, but somehow today, he felt a little sad. With all the tight schedules they have and the headaches he’s been getting from writing lyrics for their next album, honestly, all he wanted to do was to get a good night’s sleep.

Really though, the one day he wished he could rest for as much as possible, they had to start off by practicing? The rapper continued to close his eyes as he started drifting off to sleep.

“Psst-” Chan started off, keeping quiet and glancing at the now asleep boy.

“Shh!” Minghao said, a little louder this time as he hit the younger on the head gently.

“He’s asleep right?” Seungkwan walked closer to the sleeping member and stared at him for a while.

“If you’re so close, he’ll wake up!” Hansol dragged the older 98-liner away from him as he gathered with the other members on the further side of the practice room.

They began to form a circle, with Seungcheol seeming to lead everything like usual. The only members that weren’t there was Wonwoo, who was sleeping and surprisingly, Mingyu, who was still at the café area washing cups.

“Alright guys, we’re all here right?” The leader began, after pushing Jihoon into the centre with him as the smaller was standing outside falling asleep.

“Yea, except for the stupid one over there” Soonyoung sighed and pointed to the tallest member, as the other looked back with a confused look.

“Mingyu! Hurry up! This is for the sake of your best friend!” Junhui groaned, walking up to the other and dragging him over to the circle.

“Aren’t you all, my best friend?” Mingyu laughed. Noticing the other members look at him with a ‘seriously’ face, he gave them a hesitant smile. “So, what is this for?”

The other members immediately looked at him with a shocked face. Some even, with their jaw wide apart.

“Mingyu, don’t tell me you forgot?” Soonyoung asked, placing a hand on the other’s shoulder

“Forgot about what?”

“The special day tomorrow” Junghan moved his fringe behind his ear and raised an eyebrow

“What?”

“Are you stupid?” Jisoo, who rarely says that word, spoke up and glared at him.

“Stop calling me that! I just got the best grades in my class!” The tallest member pouted.

“Oh no, we’re screwed” Hansol sighed.

“Wonwoo’s birthday is going to be a mess!” Chan complained, stomping his feet quietly once.

“Wait, it is his birthday tomorrow?” Mingyu looked at the others with a confused face receiving an ‘I’m giving up on you’ look from everyone.

“Guys, I’m joking! I’m not that stupid” He paused before continuing. “I have a plan, will you help me?”

---

17/7 02:59

“Alright! We can stop now; good job everyone, and see you all tomorrow!” Once again the music stopped before being interrupted by the instructor’s voice.

The members of Seventeen shouted from fatigue immediately after they watched the instructor leave their building and quickly grabbed their things to begin their trip back to the dorm for a nice sleep.

Wonwoo was surprised. Shocked actually; It wasn’t like he was expecting anything like a surprise from them but were the members really that tired as to forgetting about his Birthday? Every year, they would all celebrate it once the clock struck twelve with a birthday cake. But today, the first birthday he had as an actual idol, they didn’t?

The rapper breathed heavily, not saying a word as he grabbed his hand phone and bag before waiting for the others to leave with them.

[Happy Birthday my little baby, you’re first birthday as an idol! I really wish you could come back home to see us]

Ah, a text from his mum, with a picture attached that shows his parents.

“I wish I can celebrate it with you guys too” Wonwoo muttered before sending a message back to his parents.

And more happy birthday messages from his fans on twitter. The member grinned as he scrolled through the messages quickly.

“HEY!” Wonwoo turned around immediately, expecting something big but was disappointed when he saw Soonyoung greet him without anything in his hands.

“Yea”

“What are you waiting for? Everyone’s left, you’re going to be the last one to shower again” The performance leader chuckled before pushing him forward “Let’s go home together!”

Wonwoo nodded once and gave him a smile. Oh well, he though, even though the member’s might not remembered, at least he received birthday messages from everyone else.

---

next ->